University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Reviews

4,214 reviews
I have been visiting this college since my freshman year in high school and the first thing that caught my eye was that it really does embody the entire college life experience by essentially having a college town to live in during your studies.
I'm starting my sophomore year next semester, and I know I picked the right school for me. I lived on campus and got along great with my roommates. My classes and professors were great, I actually looked forward to going to class! I got a lot of hands-on experience with different animals, which is very valuable for me as I pursue a veterinary career.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is a large public school with about 35,000 undergrads attending. It is about four hours south from Downtown Chicago. Great academics and the professors do teach the students. A good place to meet new people and also to be part of an activity or sport because of the vast variety the school provides. So many outings that students could be involved in. Amazing school overall!
Start Your Review of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Overall, this school is the jack of all trades of colleges. It does many things very well but doesn't seem to do one thing perfectly (except maybe partying/social life). Academics are solid, professors are solid, and campus town is quite nice. The school is diverse, food is pretty good. There are many ways to get involved on campus as well, which is great. The biggest problem is that this school is incredibly expensive, so be prepared to take out a huge loan to go here. I still have a few more years to go here, but I am looking forward to them and I feel as though I have made the right choice by coming here.
I don't feel comfortable here. A handful of professors really do not care about the students. They wouldn't go the extra mile to help a student in their respective categories of education. The campus itself is beautiful, but the educators, as well as a handful of students, fail to contribute to true education. It is more of a business than a place for learning.
This University gives so many great opportunities for students. I think that anyone with their head on straight can be very successful. Also, you can have a lot of fun.
Classes were well rounded and challenging. I was forced to grow up and take responsibility. This University has prepared me for life's challenges ahead.
I have visited U of I quite a few times, for National Band Day with my high school marching band, for our band's state finals and for visiting the school as one of my possible choices. Every time I visited, it was always a great experience, the people, atmosphere and the campus were all amazing and exactly what I am looking for in a school.
Attending UIUC for my college years was definitely a promising experience for me. I learnt a wide range of subjects from counting atomic numbers to planning a mammoth scale of project on constructing water resource plant that can provide sustainable resource during 22nd century. The university has a great academic program and is surrounded by caring professors and staff. I do hope that the football/basketball program gets more attention from students. It is always more fun and encouraging to support our athletes with bigger supporters. Go Fighting Illini!
The university wholeheartedly attempts to inform and unite the student body, and it definitely shows! I have yet to meet a bad soul on campus. In the future, I would like to see the Teacher’s Assistants receive that same welcoming and protection. They help us grow, so it is the very least we could do to help them flourish in return.
I liked the fact that it is a closely-knit college-focused campus town with many academics centered around one location as it makes it easy for students to travel between classes. The dorms are close incredibly close to the buildings and the maximum time to travel from one class to another should be no more than 20 minutes. Overall, I am having a pleasant time studying here as it is academically suited for my needs.
I have very much enjoyed my academic life at the University of Illinois. I can definitely say that I have grown a lot as both a person and a student and that my coursework has helped me realize that my career path is exactly where I want to be. I also feel pretty safe on campus, but I also rarely go out. I love having an extensive public transit system free for me to use. Having a car on campus can be pretty expensive, so I'm glad I can still get around as I please.
However, I think the culture of alcohol and partying is far too big on campus, especially since I don't drink at all. There are far too many clubs whose social events are basically just bar crawls. Also sometimes I feel like that if you're not in engineering, then the university will basically ignore your program. That being said, the art school is still doing really great with the limited resources we have.
UIUC is an excellent school because it provides an excellent education focused on your needs and interests. The school is very diverse and has a great social life. The school also provides excellent accommodations for handicapped students.
Not the optimal location weather-wise, but very big and advanced especially in the fields of computer science and engineering.
There is a lot of stuff to do on campus! Something for everybody- tons of clubs. Great food on Green Street. If you have a car, even better! Quad is beautiful. There is an activity for everyone to do here.
Really good University! Offers a great quality of education and has a very diverse student population.
Start Your Review of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
I enjoy the abundant amount of resources provided for students, however I would like to see parking on campus as a more affordable option.
I love the atmosphere of the university. It also has a great balance between social life and academic life, making it a great place to learn and grow as a person. It is also a very diverse campus and has allowed me to learn more about other cultures and ways of life. The community at the University of Illinois has opened me up to new people and new experiences that I would not be able to experience at any other college. Additionally, the facilities and resources available for students are outstanding. The professors are helpful, knowledgeable, and supportive both academically and emotionally. They truly want each and every one of their students to succeed and it shows through their teaching styles. The academic advisors at the university are great resources as well. They have helped me plan out my college schedulea and encourage me to challenge myself and get out of my comfort zone.
I like that Illinois is working on staying modern and not falling into decay. They don't overly emphasize their athletics department BUT I do not like that they shut down main roads during game days for their team.