University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Reviews

4,172 reviews
UIUC deserves five stars due to the many amazing opportunities that are offered. I was given the opportunity to participate in a study abroad program that has impacted me personally and professionally. Currently studying in Florence, Italy, I have gained more academic and life skills than I ever imagined. Studying abroad has taught me more about myself and the world than can be taught in a classroom. Managing foreign cultures and languages was difficult, but has been very beneficial. While abroad I improved my problem solving skills, adaptive skills, and fostered a desire to learn. I thank UIUC for providing me with an experience that has given me personal and professional knowledge I will use for the rest of my life.
University of Illinois is a first rate school. The professors are very knowledgeable,accommodating and are committed to their students. The campus is beautiful and well maintained and school spirit abounds!
I liked the community at UIUC, it was a great experience and recommend this university for any in-state student.
Start Your Review of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
I really like the way how the students here are from very diverse origins. You can have people from all over the world in just one small group, one that's not hard to find. It's probably even harder to find groups of people from the same place in the world.
I like the environment at the University of Illinois. I would like to see the amount of diversity on campus change.
I really have enjoyed my time at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I am in Physical Education and the program is very small, which I like because I get a lot of time with my professors and I can really build relationships with them. I think the one thing I would change would be to make class schedules different. No one likes going to a class for 50 minutes, three times a week. I would change classes to two hours once a week or make classes on twice a week. I would also not have classes on Fridays because no one who has Friday classes goes, so attendance rates would increase if classes were not scheduled on Fridays. Starting classes at 9am instead of 8am would also greatly increase attendance and learning outcomes.
I was not sure I'd enjoy living in Champaign-Urbana, because it does not seem like a very big or urban place at first, but I deeply enjoy it. It is a fun place to be with plenty of events happening on campus at all times. The academics are also incredible, from the music to the engineering department. The people are fairly diverse and very tolerant. The Greek life on campus isn't overwhelming and the people in it tend to be very nice and well-rounded, however not joining Greek life doesn't infringe on your capability to have fun and have friends because there are so many people at the school that are not a part of it. Overall, I think the college has great academics and very pleasant and tolerant people.
The campus was very beautiful and it made me feel like I was at home. When I came fora tour, the students were very really nice and helpful. The business program there is amazing and I really can see myself grow there as a person.
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign provided an immense amount of enjoyment, rigor, and belonging during my years there. The school helped me prepare for pharmacy school, and I owe that to the challenging courses at the school. I graduated with a degree in Kinesiology, which is ranked 7th in the nation by the US World and Report. In addition, the greek life on campus is never ending fun and inclusion. My fraternity and I met a lot of great people by joining greek life and we constantly helped out with the Champaign Boys and Girls Club of America. Our work across the community was truly rewarding.
I have been extremely blessed with my experience at the University of Illinois. The College of ACES has been like home to me, my passion is for agriculture and commodity markets. Throughout the course of my educational career I have had the wonderful opportunities to learn from world class professors that are experts in their field. The university has a wonderful return on investment and promotes diversity exceptionally well.
The University of Illinois has been an amazing college for me to attend. I was hesitant to go to a school close to home, but I could not be happier with my decision. The academics are outstanding. All of the professors that I have had are extremely articulate and helpful. I have developed some amazing relationships with my teachers. The extracurriculars at the U of I are also amazing and there is truly a club for everyone. I constantly tell people to check out this University because of all of the opportunities I have been given.
While I am currently planning on attending UIUC this upcoming fall, I have been on campus multiple times and am familiar with the area. One thing I like about UIUC is the quad area. It is a beautiful area and there is always something going on there. One thing I would like to see improved is the quality of some of the older dorms on campus.
I like that it is a big campus because it is different than what I was used to in high school. However, I think that it can be a little more diverse.
In my opinion, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign has the perfect balance between the academics and other stuff. It is a huge college in a nice college town. There is always some event happening in the college, which keeps the life interesting if one gets bored from all the parties and studying. The University also has more than a 1000 Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) at UIUC, ranging from volunteer work and social clubs to academic focused clubs. The one thing that struck me instantly when I started attending the University was the amount of resources present to help the students and people, which are easily accessible to anyone. It has been one of my greatest experiences to attend UIUC. The size of the campus and the number of students can be a bit daunting at the beginning, but it gives you the opportunity to meet new people and never get bored with your daily life, as there is always something fun going on around the campus.
U of I is great if you like a big school, party atmosphere, and are content with campus life. There is not much to do beyond campus, but the active Greek life and many student organizations make up for it. The student body is very diverse.
It's a great city and the school has a lot of offer. There's a wonderful sense of diversity, but because it is so large, I'm afraid of not getting the specific attention and care I would get at a smaller school.
The program of Social Work is well defined. The iMSW program is flexible for working parents. The community is supportive and family friendly.
Start Your Review of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Above average school but not excellent. Academics are decent but students are okay. Professors are good for the most part. The school is located in the middle of nowhere so that is a negative.
This school will provide you with a top-tier education; however, if you are not someone involved in greek life, it may be difficult to feel involved in a community.
The University of Illinois is my dream school. I am absolutely in love with the campus, the town, the teams, and the school overall!