University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Reviews

4,035 reviews
Huge school but great academics. Recommend everyone to attend and receive their valuable education. Their registered student organizations are also interesting and the school is really diverse.
I love the University of Illinois. I am majoring in Chemistry and, consequently take many large lectures. I know that this is a big draw back of the university for many students, and I was even worried about the large class sizes myself. However, the professors do an excellent job of making themselves accessible, leaving time for questions in class, answering emails, and making their office hours known and accessible. Additionally, every large lecture is coupled with a very small (15 or less) discussion section where you have plenty of time to ask questions and work with your peers.
AMAZING opportunities and faculty, but huge social scene that seems to be emphasized by students more than going to class.
Review Your College
Omg..... uiuc is one of the best colleges you can attend especially for engineering. Great campus, great people, great food and great network. I love this school with my heart
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is a public university with a fantastic reputation. As a student of the College of Business at the university, I have seen first-hand the amazing academic opportunities offered by the institution. From classes of all levels to the over 1400 registered student organizations, there are opportunities for everyone from every background and path of life to fit in and excel at this college. The professors are usually the writers of the textbooks you will use here and they encourage you to push yourself towards excellence.
Besides academics, the campus is large, green and beautiful and surrounded by two great college towns. There are opportunities for everything here. There is a large party scene at the school and greek life is huge at the school. We pride ourselves on opportunities for every kind of student, whether they wish to party or not. There is always a group where you will fit in and thrive.
The University of Illinois is the perfect blend of high academic standards and fun student life. With the university settled between the two towns of Champaign and Urbana, there is never a shortage of things to do.
This is a quality campus with quality people. The only thing that could be improved is more dogs. The housing is okay but the dining is great and I love my classes
I am currently a freshman at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I am a biology major, with the hopes of adding an animal science minor. The university is very hard academic wise, but they provide you with numerous free resources such as tutors, teaching assistants, office hours, and learning centers. It is a requirement to live in the dorms your first year on campus, which allows you to meet many new people, as well as become accustomed to living on your own. The university has many registered student organizations, but due to the rigorous academics, there is not enough time to participate in as many as one would like. There is always something to do on the weekends whether it be going to a party, a movie, football game, bowling, etc. There are also numerous ways to get home every weekend if you are feeling homesick. Overall, UIUC is a wonderful school with lots of people who want you to succeed.
As a student, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is one of the best place to study and discipline what I want to learn. The facilities are student friendly which most of the buildings are opened to everyone and nice that we can continue to learn. Though, the campus is huge to walk to buildings, the bus system is really well developed, so there is no big hassle for the transportation. In the campus, there are tons of clubs, RSOs, and meetings that students can find their own interests and enjoy the student life. Although there are a lot of parties, it is not forceful that no one really has to worry about it.
It's a good school. The professors overall are pretty good, the diversity is outstanding, the food is edible. The only problems are that scholarships and grants aren't easily accessible, so many students have to take out loans to pay for college.
There are not enough words to describe how much I love this university. The campus atmosphere is unlike any other, and the Illini spirit is contagious. Being a student at this school has provided me one of the best educations in the nation. The professors here are extremely qualified, and could not be more willing to assist any student, and are dedicated to their studies and the university. I have been at this campus for two years, and they are two years I will never forget. I have made friends that will last a lifetime, and have had the privilege to make irreplaceable memories in Champaign-Urbana. I would not want to spend my college career anywhere else, and am so glad I can call myself an Illini.
I love it here. At this university I was able to meet my closest friends and was able to receive opportunities to take part in many activities and groups that I was always interested in during high school. Due to the diversity in the school I was able to learn about many different cultures and ethnicities.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is an excellent institution, especially for its size. Although I did not think that I would enjoy it here, I truly do enjoy it.
This university has great academics with a very diverse campus. The professors seem to be passionate about what they teach, and want their students to succeed. They are very accessible and understanding. Bars are 19 and up and has the largest greek life in the country, so there is a large opportunity for a party scene. There are plenty of RSOs as well, making student life here great.
This is a very nice and large school. What I really like about it is that the campus is like a city. Food is very good and a lot of different majors to choose from.
This university is extremely diverse and also very safe. I have walked by myself at night many times and I have never felt threatened. If you ever do feel unsafe there are many resources around campus. The facilities here have variety and are all up to date. The education here is unparalleled and the professors care about you. Drugs and alcohol are prevalent but I have never experienced any form of peer pressure and they are easily avoidable.
This school has so many opportunities for their students. It was definitely the best school for me. There are so many different majors you can choose and if the major you want is not available, you can sometimes create your own path/major with the help of a counselor. The only downside of this school is the financial aid. UIUC does not give many scholarships out but because it is a state school, it is cheaper than many other private school and is just as good. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone who loves having many learning and social opportunities.
Review Your College
Currently a junior at Illinois, I have definitely learned a lot. From joining a club sport, being in Business, and joining a sorority; there is no doubt anyone can find something to be a part of here. Although some of the classes can be a drag, I have recently found some that have inspired me to continue pursuing my dreams. This is why, I think students should venture out and take courses that may not seem like their type. I am in love with my university and wouldn't go anywhere else if I had the chance.
This University is diverse and that is great because it's always beneficial to meet new people. They do need to work on being more inclusive and welcome more minority students.
I love the diversity that the campus has, and that everyone is well included in every aspect of the university.