University of Illinois at Springfield Reviews

My counselor has been very helpful, the transfer coordinator has been very supportive and I have loved working with him. The campus is perfect for those who want a high quality small campus. The only issue I have had was they package dependent students' financial aid as living on campus automatically, which I found very annoying because it prolongs you getting a correct award letter because you have to correct them and they have to redo it. I feel like it would be more efficient to just pull the living situation of the student from their FAFSA instead of a blanket policy.
I enjoy going here it has a friendly student atmosphere, and the CAP professors are accommodating. Despite it being a small school it has a lot of resources due to it being a sister school to the University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign, when I talk about resources I mean the library resources they have been very helpful to me this past year and I am very grateful for that because I do not know what i would have done if I had not had access to them.
This school is very small and even though it might seem like a bad thing at times, it really builds a sense of community. You get to know almost everyone around you and you learn to rely and work with others. However, because it is very small and secluded you might find yourself stuck on campus sometimes. I, however, cannot say that I never have anything to do because I always find something to do on this campus, even if it means just having a picnic with my friends on the quad.
Start Your Review of University of Illinois at Springfield
I love that the campus is small but the town does not have many things for a college student to do. The campus is beautiful and it is definitely growing. In addtion, the small community provides more relationships and opportunities in for the future.
I would like to have more opportunities for online and part-time students to receive financial assistance from the college. Several of my friends have struggled with the issues of paying for school, and even had to drop out. I am not the average high school graduate attending school for her first year, and the campus opportunities for funding just don't exist.
The people were nice and welcoming. The campus was great and it is a small school. It is nice that the school does a dinner for the incoming freshmen.
I love the atmosphere at UIS, everyone is extremely helpful and friendly! The professors and the support staff help you in ever way they can. The students on campus all say Hi to each other and it's just a very close knit community.
I have only been at this school for a semester. I really love all of my professors and that there are several different courses to choose from. The only downfall is that it is very hard to reach people that work there. Unless you have time to o meet them in person, it is pretty much impossible. They are very slow when returning phone calls or emails.
Coming from a small town, this smaller college is perfect for me! It isn't too big, nor too small. The community here is so wonderful and accepting! The teachers do their best to make sure everyone understands the material and helps whenever it is needed. Overall, this school is a perfect smaller university!
I feel like I have so many resources to go to on campus when I need help, and as a student-athlete I find this very important. If you seek out the help you need, you will succeed here!
Very little sense of community here, and they charge you more money to go here than it's worth. Don't let the new Student Union entice you, it costs each student $200 extra per semester. I'm just ready to graduate and be done with this school.
Attending school in Springfield is not bad at all. I enjoy the atmosphere and the peers around me. Very nice school which isn't huge, but just right.
As a high school senior, I have lots on my plate when it comes to finding the right college for me. Growing up in the city of Chicago didn’t make it easier because it's so many options for colleges to choose from. I didn't want to go to a big university and be another number, and I didn't want to go to a university that's too small. I was hopeless because I thought I won't find the right college for me. That was until I met an admissions rep for the University of Illinois at Springfield. He introduced me to the amazing school where I know that I can find myself at for the next four maybe six years. Once going to the school I knew that it was just for me. I really loved the gym, it is the best thing on campus in my opinion.
A very boring school. There is absolutely no social life on campus, and the city of Springfield doesn't offer anything to do either. The potential is there, and solid connections through the government are possible. But the majority of students here are online or grad students, so you will have limited friend options. Finally, avoid the CAP honors program. More of a waste of academic credit than an actual honors program that fosters growth.
I recently switched my major from Chem to Nursing. Upon doing so, I had to withdraw from the honors program. I liked the faculty in the honors program more than the traditional route. I had better connections with my professors in the CAP program and they seemed to actually care their students.
A book is made from a tree. It is an assemblage of flat, flexible parts (still called "leaves") imprinted with dark pigmented squiggles. One glance at it and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dead for thousands of years. Across the millennia, the author is speaking, clearly and silently, inside your head, directly to you. Writing is perhaps the greatest of human inventions, binding together people, citizens of distant epochs, who never knew one another. Books break the shackles of time ― proof that humans can work magic.
I like that my classes are small and the teacher really get to know who you are. The school staff are friendly and helping with pursuing the main goal degree.
Start Your Review of University of Illinois at Springfield
I have enjoyed my experiences with the University of Illinois Springfield and believe that the education I am receiving will be valuable to my career. The institution is a teaching first institution so it is to be expected that the academics will be valued most out of all aspects. I enjoy most of the people that I am surrounded by but the atmosphere could use some help. The environment can be a bit divisive and polarizing at times and is unpleasant to be around. I expect that most colleges and organizations are experiencing this due to the election and current presidency.
Definitely not a perfect school to attend, but it's highly rated for its online classes and it's on the lower end of the price spectrum when it comes to attending school. My professors so far have been diligent and very attentive to my questions, however, I feel they sometimes have unrealistic expectations of students. For instance, a lot of online students have chosen to attend school online because we do not have the time to attend school due to our work schedules. While online school is definitely more flexible than a set class schedule, it's difficult for me to complete my assignments when my professor is asking me to read 200-500 pages a week, watch instructional videos, post in a discussion board, and complete a homework assignment. And that's just one class I'm taking...
In all, it's a good school, just need to avoid those professors that tend to be a little overzealous with assignments.
UIS is a very mediocre university. In terms of academics, it is quite inferior to other public universities in Illinois. The UIS housing does not accept the "college lifestyle" and enforces a high school like approach to living. When you transfer out (and you will), you will not receive credit for MANY courses including all CAP (honors program) courses. If you are looking into this university, you may as well just go to UofI and save a year or two.