Illinois at Springfield is an above-average public university located in Springfield, Illinois. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,903 undergraduate students. Admissions is fairly competitive as the Illinois at Springfield acceptance rate is 52%. Popular majors include Business, Computer Science, and Psychology. Graduating 50% of students, Illinois at Springfield alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $34,200.
University of Illinois at Springfield Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Rates starting at 4.26% APR + 1% Cash Back
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.28 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.30 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.30 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.33 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.43 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.20 responses
Colleges like University of Illinois at Springfield
- B+Eastern Illinois University
- 4 Year
- Charleston, IL
- 1,210 reviews
- BSouthern Illinois University Edwardsville
- 4 Year
- Edwardsville, IL
- 1,477 reviews
- BLincoln Land Community College
- 2 Year
- Springfield, IL
- 264 reviews
- B+Western Illinois University
- 4 Year
- Macomb, IL
- 1,631 reviews
University of Illinois at Springfield Reviews
I love UIS! My overall experience has been good, there isn't much I would complain about. The instructors and professors form good relationships with their students and actually care about how well they do in the class. Their are many resources around campus to help students do well and be the best student they can be.
Coming from a small town, this smaller college is perfect for me! It isn't too big, nor too small. The community here is so wonderful and accepting! The teachers do their best to make sure everyone understands the material and helps whenever it is needed. Overall, this school is a perfect smaller university!
UIS is an amazing University. The experience you get at this university is what you make it. The school is working to advance in Greek Life, diversity and expanding to meet the needs of the students. No UIS is not perfect but it's perfect for me. This school is small, and quiet. The student life office offers plenty of events to keep students busy and they offer students leadership opportunities that will allow professional growth. The class sizes are small, so you have the opportunity to get the one on one help you need from your teachers. The advisors are friendly, and our Vice Chancellor will add you on Facebook (She likes posts too). IT'S GREAT TO BE A PRAIRIE STAR!