Illinois at Springfield is an above-average public university located in Springfield, Illinois. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,903 undergraduate students. Admissions is fairly competitive as the Illinois at Springfield acceptance rate is 52%. Popular majors include Business, Computer Science, and Psychology. Graduating 50% of students, Illinois at Springfield alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $34,800.
University of Illinois at Springfield Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.28 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.31 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.31 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.34 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.44 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.20 responses
Colleges like University of Illinois at Springfield
- BEastern Illinois University
- 4 Year
- Charleston, IL
- 1,236 reviews
- BSouthern Illinois University Edwardsville
- 4 Year
- Edwardsville, IL
- 1,510 reviews
- BLincoln Land Community College
- 2 Year
- Springfield, IL
- 269 reviews
- BWestern Illinois University
- 4 Year
- Macomb, IL
- 1,646 reviews
University of Illinois at Springfield Reviews
I love UIS! My overall experience has been good, there isn't much I would complain about. The instructors and professors form good relationships with their students and actually care about how well they do in the class. Their are many resources around campus to help students do well and be the best student they can be.
I loved UIS. However, I wished there were more on campus activities! I would have enjoyed pep rallies, tailgating, a football team, and even sororities and fraternities!
Coming from a small town, this smaller college is perfect for me! It isn't too big, nor too small. The community here is so wonderful and accepting! The teachers do their best to make sure everyone understands the material and helps whenever it is needed. Overall, this school is a perfect smaller university!