University of Illinois at Springfield Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.28 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.30 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.30 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.33 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.43 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.20 responses
Colleges like University of Illinois at Springfield
- B+Eastern Illinois University
- 4 Year
- Charleston, IL
- 1,187 reviews
- BWestern Illinois University
- 4 Year
- Macomb, IL
- 1,592 reviews
- BSouthern Illinois University Edwardsville
- 4 Year
- Edwardsville, IL
- 1,446 reviews
- B-Millikin University
- 4 Year
- Decatur, IL
- 554 reviews
University of Illinois at Springfield Reviews
Coming from a small town, this smaller college is perfect for me! It isn't too big, nor too small. The community here is so wonderful and accepting! The teachers do their best to make sure everyone understands the material and helps whenever it is needed. Overall, this school is a perfect smaller university!
UIS is an amazing University. The experience you get at this university is what you make it. The school is working to advance in Greek Life, diversity and expanding to meet the needs of the students. No UIS is not perfect but it's perfect for me. This school is small, and quiet. The student life office offers plenty of events to keep students busy and they offer students leadership opportunities that will allow professional growth. The class sizes are small, so you have the opportunity to get the one on one help you need from your teachers. The advisors are friendly, and our Vice Chancellor will add you on Facebook (She likes posts too). IT'S GREAT TO BE A PRAIRIE STAR!
I have loved my experience at UIS! I am a freshman accounting major living on campus. I love the small campus atmosphere. I can get anywhere on campus in about five minutes. You also get a personal relationship with your professors, as they all know you by name. You won't just feel like another number. All the faculty that I've interacted with have been nothing but kind and helpful. I truly feel like everyone at UIS is looking out for my best interest. The only negative I have is that the food options and hours can be limited.