University of Houston is ...
NCAA Division I-FBS
American Athletic Conference
University of Houston Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.348 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.370 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.368 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities300 Graduates
Operations Management290 Graduates
Hotel and Resort Management276 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science275 Graduates
Food and Nutrition Studies186 Graduates
Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies172 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 239 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.451 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.563 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.240 responses
University of Houston Reviews
Amazing university. All the staffs energy is used to help students excel and succeed. There are many different orangizations that can aid students in their academic course work. The variety of clubs and diversity of the university allows students to feel included and involved. There is a wide spectrum of majors and minors. Everything from gender studies to Chinese culture! The university of Houston has many amenities that may benefit residential and commuting students such as a recreational center, three different food courts, an eight floor library, and three tutoring centers! My experience here has been nothing but the best!
When searching for colleges, The University of Houston was not my first choice, or my second... or third, but as I learned more about UH if started to grow on me. Imagine you have four flower pots, and you water each one equally, but for some reason one pot is blossoming fast, big and beautiful. This is what happened when I looked at UH, and I was right. The University of Houston brings so much diversity, richness and beauty. You are surrounded by people with similar goals, to advance their education, in a community that want to improve their environment. With people from different backgrounds coming together with different goals, you're bound to meet cool people! The University of Houston is amazing! Though their food could definitely improve, buy hey, Panda Express is always around the corner.
The University Of Houston is a great school, with excellent professors. The atmosphere is amazing and the students are all extremely nice and helpful. For example, if someone needs assistance finding their class, asking a stranger would not be a issue at all. The students are eager to help and the professors do their best to make all students feel comfortable. The University also offers a lot of resources for students to use in order for them to be successful. The campus is very clean and there is also many water fountains for students to use and refillable water fountains as well. The school is also very diverse. Many people from all over the world can be found at this University. I love the school! Go Coogs!