- 4 Year
- HOUSTON, TX
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Valuegrade B+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Campusgrade B+
- Athleticsgrade unavailable
- Party Scenegrade B minus
- Professorsgrade B
- Locationgrade A
- Dormsgrade unavailable
- Campus Foodgrade unavailable
- Student Lifegrade B+
- Safetygrade B
- Branch of
- University of Houston System
The University of Houston-Downtown is a comprehensive four-year university offering bachelor's and master's degree programs aimed at career preparation.
From the day our doors opened more than 40 years ago, UHD has expanded to serve the educational needs of America’s fourth-largest city.
We’re located right in the heart of Downtown Houston, one of the nation’s most culturally diverse metropolitan areas. So naturally, we’ve created an environment that welcomes and embraces students from all backgrounds.
With a 20-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio, we provide a unique hands-on learning environment for each student. They can choose from face-to-face instruction downtown or on our satellite locations, degrees and classes offered completely online and even a combination of the two.
Best of all, we offer everything for one of the lowest tuition rates among state colleges and universities.
We thought you’d like that. And we think you’ll love UHD.
University of Houston - Downtown Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities750 Graduates
- Business244 Graduates
- Accounting232 Graduates
- Psychology210 Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies208 Graduates
- Finance146 Graduates
- Management Sciences and Information Systems106 Graduates
- Information Science101 Graduates
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management98 Graduates
- Communications94 Graduates
The Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies is a versatile degree that blends traditional academics with experiential opportunities. It is a versatile degree that is tailored to meet the student’s own career goals, while broadening their body of academic knowledge and refining their professional skill set.
- Mix of Online and on Campus39%
- On Campus25%
- There is full time, part time, work-study, no work32%
- Diversity of students striving for success.26%
- Students who works as well22%
- Full time workers advancing their education15%