COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The status of UHD operations and classes for spring 2021 will be guided by UHD’s Response Matrix and other guidance from state officials and health professionals. As a state institution, UHD follows the directives of the Office of the Texas Governor. By executive order, the Governor has moved Texas into Phase Three of his reopening plan. Full details regarding Coronavirus operation www.uhd.edu
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Valuegrade B+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Campusgrade A minus
- Athleticsgrade unavailable
- Party Scenegrade B minus
- Professorsgrade B
- Locationgrade A+
- Dormsgrade unavailable
- Campus Foodgrade unavailable
- Student Lifegrade A minus
- Safetygrade B
- Branch of
- University of Houston
The University of Houston-Downtown is a comprehensive four-year university offering bachelor's and master's degree programs aimed at career preparation.
From the day our doors opened more than 40 years ago, UHD has expanded to serve the educational needs of America’s fourth-largest city.
We’re located right in the heart of Downtown Houston, one of the nation’s most culturally diverse metropolitan areas. So naturally, we’ve created an environment that welcomes and embraces students from all backgrounds.
With a 20-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio, we provide a unique hands-on learning environment for each student. They can choose from face-to-face instruction downtown or on our satellite locations, degrees and classes offered completely online and even a combination of the two.
Best of all, we offer everything for one of the lowest tuition rates among state colleges and universities.
We thought you’d like that. And we think you’ll love UHD.
University of Houston - Downtown Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 71 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 93 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 92 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities864 Graduates
- Business323 Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies261 Graduates
- Accounting246 Graduates
- Psychology211 Graduates
- Finance141 Graduates
- Communications107 Graduates
- Information Science106 Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services77 Graduates
- Behavioral Sciences64 Graduates
The Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies is a versatile degree that blends traditional academics with experiential opportunities. It is a versatile degree that is tailored to meet the student’s own career goals, while broadening their body of academic knowledge and refining their professional skill set.
- There is full time, part time, work-study, no work31%
- Students who works as well24%
- Diversity of students striving for success.22%
- Full time workers advancing their education19%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 47 responses
University of Houston - Downtown Reviews
The diversity of the school is great as well. It makes me feel comfortable because the school opens its doors to anyone who wants to take their education to the next level. Overall the University of Houston-Downtown is an amazing place to continue anyone's education. The possibilities are endless at UHD!