University of Hawaii at Manoa
- 4 Year
- HONOLULU, HI
University of Hawaii at Manoa Campus Life
grade D minus
Based on housing cost, capacity, student reviews and additional factors.
On-Campus Housing Available
Freshmen Required to Live on Campus
Freshmen Live On-Campus
No data available
Undergrads in College Housing
Average Housing Cost
$6,253 / year
37%of students say overall dorm quality is great. 92 responses
48%of students say the dorms' social atmosphere is great. 203 responses
Based on meal plan cost and student reviews on the food.
Meal Plan Available
Average Meal Plan Cost
$5,694 / year
What are the best food options on campus?
Based on 372 responses
- Campus center18%
- JAMBA JUICE13%
- Aloha Cafe (the better of the 2 dining halls)11%
- Starbucks (not my thing but always busy)9%
- Paradise Palms7%
54%of students highly rate the dining facilities. 122 responses
Map is loading
Based on quality of housing, food services, student reviews, and additional factors.
Based on campus diversity, social scene, student reviews, and additional factors.
What is your overall opinion of your school and the campus community?
Based on 97 responses
- I love everything about my school and have a lot of campus pride.12%
- I like mostly everything about my school, but there are some things I wish were different.66%
- The school community is okay-we're all just here for an education, nothing more.19%
- I hate my school and have no school spirit.3%
grade B minus
Based on crimes on campus, local area crime rates, and student reviews.
72%of students say they feel extremely safe and secure on campus. 122 responses
How does peer pressure affect students' use of drugs and alcohol?
Based on 95 responses
- You can have a great social life without drugs or alcohol.38%
- Most people partake in some form, but no one treats you differently if you don't.46%
- You'll definitely feel a little awkward if you don't drink.13%
- If you don't partake, you're left out.3%
How visible are the campus police on campus?
Based on 100 responses
- Extremely present and willing to assist students.10%
- There if you need them but not overbearing.46%
- Just there to bust up parties or give out parking tickets.25%
- Not very visible.10%
- We have campus police?9%
How popular are varsity sports on campus?
Based on 204 responses
- Almost everything on campus revolves around them.5%
- Varsity sports are a big part of campus life.55%
- Varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.37%
- No one pays attention to varsity sports.3%
Men's Varsity Sports
Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Volleyball
Women's Varsity Sports
All Track Combined, Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Golf, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Volleyball, Water Polo
Clubs & Activities
Campus Ministries, Dance, Drama/Theater, International Student Organizations, Literary Magazine, Radio Station, Student Government, Newspaper, Film Society
Choral Groups, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Music Ensembles, Musical Theater, Pep Band, Symphony Orchestra
What are your favorite campus events or traditions?
Based on 93 responses
- Aloha Bash19%
- Aloha Courtyard Activities17%
- Football games16%
- Cram Jam15%
- Taste of Manoa15%
- Basketball games8%
- Free stuff at tables in Campus Center5%
Based on access to bars and student reviews on the party scene.
What is the party scene like on campus?
Based on 145 responses
- Tons of raging parties almost any night of the week.5%
- Lots of options Wednesday-Saturday.19%
- Some decent frat/house parties, weekends only.19%
- Good parties are few and far between.26%
- Parties? What parties?32%
What is the biggest party event of the year?
Based on 83 responses
- Floatopia, Pro Bowl, Halloween, and spring break54%
- Not a partier, No Idea17%
Men in Fraternities
Women in Sororities
59%of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene. 183 responses
Explore Campus Life at Similar Colleges
- grade BUniversity of Hawaii at Hilo
- 4 Year
- HILO, HI
- Rating 3.34 out of 5 908 reviews
- grade BUniversity of Hawaii - West Oahu
- 4 Year
- KAPOLEI, HI
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 328 reviews
- grade C+Hawaii Pacific University
- 4 Year
- HONOLULU, HI
- Rating 3.59 out of 5 894 reviews
- grade C+University of Hawaii - Maui College
- 2 Year
- KAHULUI, HI
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 282 reviews