University of Hartford Reviews

1,491 reviews
The University of Hartford has given me so many great opportunities to be involved with my community and help other broken communities. The faculty at the University are very helpful and easy to communicate with. Everyone is very understanding and I feel like I have a voice and it can be heard. The environment and other peers are great energy and very homey. I love it here!
Small school with the feel of a big university. Academics are great, clubs and organizations are huge on campus. Only thing I wish could be better is the housing.
My experience is with the University of Hartford's Master's Nursing Education Program. It has smaller class sizes and is convenient for the adult learner. I feel that the program is helpful with ensuring success for their students.
Start Your Review of University of Hartford
Uhart has a great community. You immediately feel like family there and have great pride for your university. There is so many options for help on campus. The class rooms are small as well so you are able to have a teacher student interaction which I find crucial for understanding the taught material.
University of Hartford is a really wonderful school that provides an immense amount of opportunities to its students. As a student majoring in education, it is extremely useful that I am able to start getting experience in a classroom in the first semester. It's easy to connect with people, and there is a real sense of community within the school. Meeting new people is easy too, so you can form an intimate group of friends quickly. The class sizes are small, so the professor knows your name early on in the semester. As for things I would change, however, I would want to change the dining hall situation up a little so there are more healthy options so certain students who are struggling with their weight aren't tempted as much to eat very fatty foods. Overall, the school is a wonderful place to go for education, making friends, and truly earning your degree and getting out there in the work force as soon as you graduate.
Most of the teachers were nice and everyone on campus is super friendly, but the school teaches you content that is way too advanced for some of the classes and content that isn’t necessary to your major. Sometimes the classes would change direction so completely that some students forgot what the class was for.
I have learned a lot in all of my classes so far. Most of my professors have been understanding and more than willing to help if you ask for it.
The school is very good with a lot of good professors and a few terrible professors. The overall campus is nice though.
The curriculum of the university has lot of stuff that does not make any sense. What I like about it the classes are very small and don't have a lot of students in it.
I really like this Private University, great majors as well as excellent programs! I wish the tuition was not so expensive, however.
My experience so far has been ok. The teachers are average and have not been too hard. The people that they have in charge needs to be a little more professional because they mess up things a lot, which makes them look like they just hire anybody to do anything.
I'm a student at the Hartt School, majoring in music education. I have to say that Hartt (and the University of Hartford as a whole) is a great place with a lot to offer if you work hard. The music program here is extremely challenging and the faculty is great, and the faculty for the classes I've had outside of Hartt are pretty much just as good. The dorm life, food, and athletics are also pretty good. If you're considering the performing arts as a career choice, UHart is a really smart choice in schools.
I am an incoming freshmen at the University Of Hartford, and I am very excited to be attending in the fall. When I visited, I was happy to know that the campus had the homely feeling on the campus. I love how friendly and involved everyone was with one another. There isn't anything right now that I would like to change about the school.
I love this school... check it out for engineering ... it’s a great small program. At other schools professors don’t even know who you are. It’s not a big campus which is nice. Excellent job placement after graduating as well. They rank right up there with Carnagie Melon in US News reports
I had a great undergrad experience at the University of Hartford/ Hartford Art School. Great professors and facilities.
I enjoyed all of the classes and the curriculum. It prepared me for the future and I was able to get a great internship. The campus is nice, but the dorms could be better. Living in Hawk Hall was a great idea since it is the most newly renovated dorm. The village quad apartments definitely need an update, I know someone's parent who went here and said the apartment has not changed since she was going to school there! 30 years ago!
I would like to see professors willing to help students in succeeding. I would like to see professors spending more time with material that the whole class needs help with. I would like to see professors taking action on things that aren't ok.
Start Your Review of University of Hartford
UH has an amazing image all together. With a great graduation rate, great programs, affordable cost and being relatively close to home, this school has one of the best offers I've seen. As mentioned before, UH is close to home for me, and I really appreciate that fact because I'm not used to coast to coast travel. Being closer to home really sets me at ease, as there would be less distractions from home sickness and ultimately, making me a more focused student. Knowing that I was in need of financial aid, I saw UH as an opportunity for a chance that most colleges at the time didn't have a the time: a chance to learn the right way in a affordable cost.
I have never been so miserable in my entire life. Nothing is unique, the school is dead, the people suck, the professors suck, the classes are like a community college. I hate it. Never again. I wish I could sign on to be a tour guide just so i can tell students and their parents to STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM HERE.
The food is mediocre, the academic class are average at best. However, the Hartt School of music is the exception. With spectacular faculty members and talented students, Hartt stands out from the rest of the University.