University of Georgia Reviews

4,765 reviews
UGA is honestly such an extensive college with many different, diverse backgrounds attached to it. When I first went into college, I'd heard plenty of stories about college but I'd say the experience is definitely different for everyone. Since UGA is so large and diverse, there's a place for everyone here. Even if you feel that you won't find somewhere to fit in, trust me you will. This college has helped me in many ways that I didn't even think it could, its changed me for the better.
UGA is a very good school with strong resources, but it can be very overwhelming for a first year. You will find friendly people and professors, but you really have to take your own initiative. Find your resources and make a plan for yourself, and find people who can help you or connect to networks.
UGA was my first and only choice. This university has everything you need and more, the only improvement I can think of at this time is parking sometimes there isn't enough.
Review University of Georgia
I love the campus! It's gorgeous and right at the heart of the city so there is always something to do.
The University of Georgia is a pretty great school. Organizations on campus excel at scheduling fun and inclusive activities. There are an assortment of clubs for students to join, but students may find that it can be difficult to balance everything. Dining halls serve delicious food, but after a little while students crave more variety in the options. Some professors are excellent and do what they can to help you while others are not helpful or effective. Classes are hard, so they require a lot of studying but classes with lackluster professors require even more studying. The academics and education are quality. Housing isn't ideal as dorms can be dirty, old, and loud. The cleanliness of a hall is dependent on those you live with. Beds in the rooms can be hard and uncomfortable, but if a student decides to live off campus, there are a lot of apartments near by. Overall the university is great and provides me with an amazing environment.
The University of Georgia is a great undergraduate institute. The classes are challenging and allow for you to adapt to new ways of thinking and the courses offered are endless. My only complaint about UGA is the student population of over 35,000. My class sizes have been anywhere from 30 to 300 people which can be harder to learn because its harder to ask questions.
Overall, I really enjoyed my experience at the University of Georgia. As an undergraduate student majoring in Management Information Systems, the Terry College of Business provided multiple avenues and events to get connected to professionals in my field. In addition, the majority of my professors were very approachable and took an active interest in their students, not only in their classroom achievements, but also in their post-graduation success as well. The campus has tons of student organizations to get involved in for whatever your interests may be. There are also ample opportunities to work on campus whether it be in the dining halls, as a resident assistant, serving as a tour guide for UGA, or even as a bus driver. You read that right, students can drive the campus transit buses! For those who are big sports fans, watching the Dawgs play football on Saturday afternoons in Sanford Stadium is hard to beat. Go DAWGS!
The University of Georgia is a great college. All of my past and current professors make sure their students gain the most knowledge possible.
I would like to see more diversity in this college. This college needs a diverse and global community of students who can offer different perspectives to better the college. UGA is well known for its excellent academics, as this year our freshman class is the most academically gifted up to date.
It has been great for transitioning from high school to college life. Also makes me feel like I've met a lot of people around me through mutual connections and the campus environment. Every professor and student I have talked to is very welcoming and loves the UGA campus. There's a group of people for everyone.
The nightlife is equally as great as the education you can receive at one of the best public universities in America!
The University of Georgia has a high level of academics and they provide so many opportunities for students that other schools simply do not offer.
UGA really offers a wide variety of students an opportunity to be able to enjoy an education free from any obstacle formed by religion, race, or ethnicity. The campus is a ground for many different interests and lifestyles to combine and educate other students.
At UGA one will find engaging classes, a beautiful campus and thousands of organizations to chose from to really fit in somewhere. Athens is a city that has a perfect balance of buzz, culture, and nature; I can't think of a better setting for a University. It is unfortunate to see how overrun the city becomes on Saturdays during football season, but to many that is another reason that they adore UGA.
Georgia is an amazing school with incredible opportunities and a fantastic community. It is a great place to live and experience. Education is taken seriously and so is the football. Go to Athens to experience what it is like to be a Dawg. The pride for the sports team radiates all over including the city. It is all in all a very resourceful and constructive school.
I went to Georgia as an out of state student. I didn't know many people and was certainly going out of my comfort zone. I quickly got involved in Greek Life and a couple other organizations and realized everyone was in the same boat. Everyone around me seemed incredibly inviting and the athletic events created a large sense of comardery. Besides the social aspect of UGA, I was always challenged academically. Professors are helpful and always willing to meet outside of class if you need extra help. I really recommend this school because there is a "niche" area for everyone!
This is college every college student dreams of. The profressors are nice and the lifestyle there is unmatched from anyother colleges in the world. UGA also offers many other top level programs that attract students to achieve more in life.
Review University of Georgia
I love my university, being a bulldawg is something to be proud of. The campus is beautiful with the facilities in amazing condition. There is always something to do, with events all over campus, every day and more often than not is free for students. The athletics as far as I know are some of the best in the state. The downtown scene is incredible if you are a social person and Milledge is always rocking. Unfortunately, I am uncomfortable wit the fact UGA isn't up to date on blue point buttons around campus that alert campus police to a problem. The campus is spread out and has very little lighting at night. I also wish the university was more up to date technology wise. For a school that brings in so much funding, I am surprised their computer rooms have older computers and most of the tech needs to be upgraded.
Very fun atmosphere! Workload is hard though. Some professors do not care very much about helping you, but others are willing to help you so much if you just ask. DO NOT TAKE CHEMISTRY IF YOU DONT HAVE TO UNLESS YOURE REALLY GOOD AT IT
The academics at this school are rigorous but this only attests to its good reputation. The tuition and fees are too difficult to keep up with when you are paying your way through college and force you to take out student loans each semester without a guarantee of a job when you graduate.