University of Georgia Reviews

4,842 reviews
Love UGA. Athens is a wonderful town and university events are really involved in the community. The university is dedicated to academic achievement and advancement. The athletics department is stellar, and they have a great rewards program for students who attend sporting events.
In the opening scene of Godless, Marshal John Cook (Sam Waterston) rides into the town of Creede, Colorado, as a dust storm swirls around him. The marshal lowers his bandana and squints into the distance, surveying the scene impassively as the landscape slowly comes into focus. He takes in the carnage of a firefight, a wrecked train, and countless bodies who seem to have all been shot in the head. Then one of his men directs him to the sight of something so awful that it makes the steely old-timer stagger a little, and fall to his knees in the dirt: the sight of a small boy, maybe 5 years old, who’s been lynched from a pos
University of Georgia has a very welcoming atmosphere, with a beautiful campus! When I visited the campus for a tour, the students were friendly and were open with answers that answered our questions genuinely. The student also provided us insight about attending this University and the different activities that are available. This University stands out from the rest of the colleges and is highly recommended.
Start Your Review of University of Georgia
The University of Georgia is a place that feels like home. I've been a fan for 14 years of the bulldogs, but the moment I walked through the arches, I knew Georgia was where I would want to further my education.
I like the academics at the University of Georgia. I know that I am obtaining a high education. The campus is phenomenal, and there is a great busing system that is provided as well. Athens is a big town, but it also has a small community. Professors are helpful, and provide office hours for help. There are also great tutoring services provided for students. Not only does uga offer tutoring, study sessions are provided too.
UGA is diverse not only in academics but encourages pursuits in the arts, sports, and other activities. They have many degree programs and a supportive community.
I love the diversity assciated with such a big school! The sports programs are usually pretty successful. The classes are mostly more difficult but if you work hard this is a great school.
There is so much to fall in love with here. The campus is beautiful, the dining halls are AMAZING, and the student life is like no other. There are so many different opportunities to get involved on and off campus. Classes can be challenging and parking can be frustrating at times but those are two very very small prices to pay for a college experience and education like the one UGA provides.
University of Georgia has a beautiful campus and an amazing staff, which I have met through visits. The application was straight-forward and easy to follow. I hope I get in, for it is my number one choice!
I am currently a freshman at UGA and my experience so far has been pretty great. The football games are one of the best parts considering were top ranked right now. Also, Athens is a great town to live because it is unique and diversified with all the different people and shops. It is a beautiful town and a beautiful campus. It is challenging academically, but it is worth it to become part of the Dawg Family.
Uga is the best place to be. The best atmosphere, the best teachers, and the best curriculum. I love this college because it is so diverse and I have met so many new friends.
I got into UGA as an international student and fell in love with this little college town immediately. Academically, all professors are pretty good except a very few not so great but still manageable. If you go to office hours all of them are very welcoming. As for social life, it depends on person and varies. Parties are there and you can choose to attend or not. Greek life is definitely a huge part and diversity lacks sometimes because you can see people literally tagging themselves to frats by wearing those shirts. Still, it is no problem to make friends with them if you wish to. At last, college is really about what you want to do and how you choose to do.
UGA is an excellent school for those hoping to maintain the perfect balance between finding themselves and furthering their education. The school offers an exceptional education, while also providing numerous opportunities outside of the classroom. Here at UGA, you meet someone new everyday and are constantly exploring who you want to be.
I love that UGA is a thriving college town. In my opinion, there is nothing like being able to cheer with 100,000 others at Sanford Stadium and then going to get a great education on Monday morning.
If you live in Georgia, the University of Georgia is a great school. All Georgia residents are able to apply for the HOPE scholarship. This scholarship will most tuition costs for public schools. This school also offers several study abroad opportunities and methods to help pay for your abroad costs. The student body also offers several clubs and activities to keep you active and learning.
The University of Georgia, a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities, is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education. Its motto, “to teach, to serve, and to inquire into the nature of things,” reflects the University’s integral and unique role in the conservation and enhancement of the state’s and nation’s intellectual, cultural, and environmental heritage. Great School !
Athens is a great place to live! Uga has some great major programs. However, there are an excess of so-called "weed-out" classes for almost any major (particularly in STEM fields). These classes are poorly designed and hard to succeed in. Dining halls are also terrible for anyone with dietary restrictions- they often mislabel foods as vegetarian or vegan.
Start Your Review of University of Georgia
I love UGA! There is a myriad of activities both on and off campus. You can find any club for any different passion, and there will always be someone with the same interests as you. The sports teams are so entertaining to watch, especially football, basketball, and gymnastics. There are also a wide variety of religious organizations on campus to be a part of.
The diversity is an amazing experiencing as well as fine academic opportunities. I have already made so many new friends during my first semester here and I feel so welcome by the university. I would recommend this school to any student looking for a diverse and challenging university.
I love the Campus! It's beautiful, especially in the fall. The student life here is really nice! Also one of the best dining halls.