University of Florida Reviews

6,663 reviews
I never expected to love being a Gator so much, but now it's an important part of who I am. There could be better funding for the arts, but overall I am so proud of being a UF student.
I love UF. There are endless opportunities, a diverse population, and amazing professors. The city itself is centered around the college which really enhances the "college experience". You definitely get a bang for your buck being that this is a prestigious college which offers an education at a reasonable price!
I cannot speak for the various departments specifically, but as whole, the University has been an outstanding institution for providing higher learning for myself and my friends.
Review University of Florida
There are many ways to get involved and find your place at the University of Florida. There is truly something for everyone. One downfall is that everything is incredibly competitive, which can be tough on incoming freshman.
The atmosphere at the University of Florida is unlike any other. The academics are astounding and the community is unified. Its a safe environment and there are many organizations to join.
It may seem like a big campus, but once you get involved it gets so much smaller. The school spirit is insane. The professors are well qualified and there is a lot of great opportunities.
Academically, it's a great school. I'm sure this school can be for other people, but it just wasn't for me. I made a few good friends but I never had the experience of forming a tight-knit friend group that goes out every weekend. Besides my individual experience, UF is not a very diverse place. There were handfuls of discriminatory, bigoted acts in my year of attending the school, and it seemed like the administration just did not care at all. I'm most likely transferring out to a school that fits me better. If I had to stay, I wouldn't KILL myself but I certainly don't think I'd be happy. I think it would set me up with a good career and all but that's it.
I've only been here a year and already I love the school. It wasn't as diverse as I expected but it is possible to find a group of people to fit any background. The food is pretty good and the campus itself is beautiful
The University of Florida is a great school. They have a lot of opportunities for students to grow outside of class and their professors are always available to help. The school does its best to keep students safe and happy.
After completing my first of college at the University of Florida, I can say that I made the right choice for me. The school was not my first choice, but it was definitely one I do not regret. UF provides so many avenues to express my values and beliefs through clubs and organizations. I have met so many new people from different racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds which have allowed me to further open my mind to different points of views. The school works to expose its students to the best opportunities and allow them to land great internships, experiences, and jobs after graduation. Even as early as a freshman one can delve into these opportunities. The location of the school makes it a small college town. The campus itself is the life of Gainesville. Although it is not a big city with a lot of commotion, campus life has a personality of its own and one can find anything to entertain themselves.
UF really cares for their students and provide lots of necessary resources when a student needs help. Even though parking on campus near classes is impossible, we are provided with buses to get to our classes on time.
UF is definitely what you make of it. It can be a really great time but you have to look for places to get involved and meet people. Gainesville is trying to grow and become nicer.
My experience at the University of Florida has been great so far! The professors really care whether you succeed and will do anything to help you be successful. The campus is beyond beautiful and makes you feel as though your in a northern city. The area of Gainesville is rich in culture and night life. Choosing to attend the University of Florida was the best decision I ever made.
Everything about UF is amazing. I am an out of state student, and they instantly made me feel welcome and at home. They hold events to help you connect with others the moment you step foot on campus, but they also help out of state students connect as well. The meal plan is not really necessarily unless you live close to the dining halls or unless you intend to be on campus a lot. The academics are also really great. There are really great things to do around the area; it never really gets boring.
My experience so far has been excellent. Students, Professors, Faulty etc that I've come in contact with has been very kind and helpful. What could change is more parking availability.
I do not have enough positive things to say about UF. I would not be the same person I am today if I had not chosen this school, and I've only been here for two years so far. The University of Florida is a center for education of all varieties, increasing diversity, and high standards.
Loved my first year here! I'm so gald I chose UF, the best school in the state. I know upon completing my degree here, I will be prepared for what is ahead of me.
Review University of Florida
It is great here. Don't settle for less. Keep ahead of your work especially when it comes to deadlines.
The University of Florida is an absolutely amazing university to attend. The campus is beautiful and their academics are outstanding. Courses are challenging especially science classes. The class size is quite large so there is less student professor interaction. However professors are required to have office hours, so it is possible to get to know your professors. The university does research in every topic possible; there are tons of research opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. Furthermore, there are countless student organizations to choose from and as a result even more leadership opportunities. The university does a great job preparing you for the career you want as long as a student takes advantage of these opportunities.
Starting with the academics and professors; University of Florida is one of the top 4-year universities in the country. Although their academics are up to standard with a robust of studies, I believe some of the professors lack the compassion in the subject they are teaching. I think they just implement their type of "teaching" that doesn't benefit the students all because of the money. Aside from that, the campus and student life is beyond beautiful. There is an abundance of student-ran organizations that will provide opportunities, connections and improvement in skills. The campus food is also delicious. When it comes to athletics, it's great to be a Florida Gator! We have the strongest athletes and school spirit, you wouldn't want to miss going to a game or meet. Being a first generation student, I had an opportunity to attend college and they awarded me with some of the best student mentors.