University of Evansville Reviews

This University has much to offer that helps students prepare for their future in all aspects. The small community feel has made this community feel like a home away from home for me. I know my professors care about me as a student and want me to succeed.
University of Evansville provides a fulfilling education on a small campus with a big community feel!! You can get involved, learn, have fun and so much more!!!!
Overall, my experience with the University of Evansville has been superb. I will not enter college until Fall 2017. However, on the day that my mother and I attended the indoctrination, there were potential employers for our degrees in attendance.My degree is in Computer Engineering. The college follows up on each student and treat every student with respect.
Review University of Evansville
While I've never attended UE, I do live near it, and this is a beautiful area of Evansville to live in. The campus is well kept, and the people around are very nice. On top of that, it has a very safe environment.
I felt right at home from the minute I walked on campus. The campus is easy to navigate for those nervous college freshman. My admission counselor and anybody on the receiving end of my phone calls have been helpful and super nice. Some of the ratings are based on facts from what I have read and some are based on my visit.
As a freshman, my fall semester went by super fast. Not gonna lie, party scene at the beginning was insane and everywhere, but then some girl got intoxicated and an ambulance had to be called, so now fraternities only host lane closed parties, but trust me, it's at the baseball house where it's at. Lots of great professors, most of them actually are amazing and willing to help, except don't take American politics your freshman year, and if you really don't need it, just don't take it, he won't hesitate to fail you for no reason. The food is great, everything you could ever think of is in the dining hall. Athletics are improving, got a great women's tennis team this year, already showing results, especially the freshmen. Mens and women's soccer are really fun to watch and of course free to students. Campus isn't that big, isn't that small, but you can get to any class by walking in no more than five minutes, which is great. So far, I'm in love with the university and the city.
It is an expensive school, however, you receive many of the resources you need. They provide a health center, free counselors, free tutors, free word, office, and excel programs, free gym membership and programs, free laundry, and much more. The teachers are alright, but some underclassman teachers aren't good at teaching while they are good people. The atmosphere is unusually quiet. No one is out during the mornings to early afternoons and it is like a ghost town on the weekends There should be a little more activities to get the students of Evansville engaged together and to meet more students. Commuters are left out of the loop a lot and it is hard for them to get engaged in the campus community. Making up about a third of the school, the sorority and fraternity kids get the most out of the campus and party life and they seem to be the better socializers.
So far great experience. Not thrilled about the food but soon will be in house so can cook my own food. Like the small campus atmosphere and how easy it is to get to class and get to know other students.
Employers speak high of this university and its students.
Happy with my experience here! It has a international flair that won't be seen at most private universities.
In my dorm, we have this place on the ground floor called "The Pit" where we host lots of meetings and social events. In our office there are a plethora of movies and games to choose from, as well as cookware. The Residential Assisstants are welcoming and approachable which is very helpful you you're new or nervous. Since my dorm is all female, it is a bit cheaper than the three co-ed dorms on campus. The atmosphere here is very friendly.
As a member of Phi Mu, the second oldest sorority, I think Greek life is amazing. Not only do you have this amazing support system but you also gain many more friends. These people become you family. On our campus only the fraternities have houses but every other weekends they do throw large parties where everyone on campus is welcome. The men and women in the Greek community stick together.
A lot of people think we probably don't have as good of a turnout for sports because we don't have a football team but that isn't true. The attendence for all of our sports teams are somewhat equal. Our teams play to the best of their abilities and their fans are 100% supportive of them.
There are plenty of programs that the University provides that allows the students to feel safe on campus. Safety and security services patrol the campus 24 hours a day and provide a safe environment for students.
The school offers plethra of opportunities not only to strengthen your resume but also to provide the chance to meet possible future employers. The people that are part of the career center are super friendly and want to help you the best way they can to help you get a job when your graduate. Graduating with a degree from the University of Evansville shows that you are defiantly experienced in your major of study and are willing to learn and adapt to the real world environment.
The courses and professors that I have had the privilege on taking are in my opinion excellent. There are a variety of courses that are offered in each major that will peak your interest. The professors really care about their students and want them to succeed in which ever subject they are teaching.
Living on campus is very convenient and provides a great living environment for students.
Review University of Evansville
The greek life at the University of Evansville is very involved with the community and on campus. Everyone in greek life is also involved with other organizations that the school provides.
The athletic department provides University of Evansville students with great amenities, but there is room for improvement as far as updating the facility goes.
Everyone here is committed to their studies and is very involved on campus. I personally have had the time of my life here at the Univeristy of Evansville and have no doubt that it has and will prepare me for my future endeavors after I graduate.