University of Detroit Mercy Reviews

Detroit Mercy has such amazing professors who love to see students succeed and excel. I am proud to be a Detroit Mercy Titan and it has great majors to offer as well as outstanding graduate programs. I feel they could change the way recitations are run in terms of organization, other than that it is amazing!
Detroit is such a beautiful city! The people are so friendly and it's a very safe place. It's so safe, most people don't even lock their doors. What a wonderful city!! I would like to see the sports teams do better than what they are producing !
Definitely a family atmosphere here! While the academics are challenging, I feel more than prepared to join the workforce right out of college. The internship program here is really strong and the staff really do care about seeing you succeed. My advisor will randomly send me internship opportunities when she comes across one that she thinks I might enjoy which goes to show how the staff go out of their way to make you feel at home here. So glad I went with a smaller college, it has the student scene still just without the excessive drama.
Start Your Review of University of Detroit Mercy
I am a current student at University of Detroit Mercy. I am in an excellent program, Health Information Management. I have learned so much, and they even offer online classes. Because it is a private college, they are expensive. One of my classes require five books total. That is a bit much to ask when a student is taking between four to six classes a semester. My overall experience is good, at a expensive price.
As an international student on a vigorous path towards dentistry, University of Detroit Mercy has been very kind in easing my adjustment in a new environment. The teachers are wonderful and very helpful.
Detroit Mercy is not a college everyone would enjoy. You don't get the average college experience. It's a commuter school mostly, living on campus is extremely boring and very expensive.
I am very happy with my education at University of Detroit. The instructors and professors are knowledgeable and engaging. The only thing I would like to see changed is lowering the cost of tuition.
Since attending the University of Detroit Mercy I have seen impeccable self-growth. I have become way more independent. UDM is definitely what helped me transition from teen to adult. In addition to that, UDM offers top notch courses with well-educated professors. Because of the small class sizes you are able to leave a lasting impression on professors who genuinely care about you.
I like the diversity at the University. I like the interaction with my peers. Learning about their backgrounds, heritage, economical status and beliefs. I feel safe and the atmosphere is religious base.
I absolutely love the size of the campus. I am terrified of big schools so this is perfect! The school is diverse, you do not have to be of a specific religion to attend. Being a nursing student one of the first classes I took we discussed our school, and its mission. I found this to be very neat, because now I can tell others more about my school.
Great University to obtain a degree and prepare you for your next steps to your career pathway. Great leadership, role models and academics programs.
So far, my experience here has been amazing!
The classes are interesting and just challenging enough to the point where I have to work hard, but not so challenging that they're impossible to keep up with in addition to my life.
The campus, while small, is very nice, with a fitness center available to all students and a library including a cafe.
I loved the campus size and its staff. Also all of the old buildings and how your classes dont have to be all over the place they could all be in one building. Another thing I like is the care from the staff and how they want you to join the mercy community. The dorms are also so close to the classes that you could get to class in 10 minutes which is awesome.
The school is small and not in the best location for walking around. Most of the professors are not engaging and the students do not apply themselves.
I liked that everyone is there to help. The professors and staff there are willing to do anything to help you, all you have to do is ask.
Their is not a great variety of clubs/activities. A few fantastic professors, others have not been very effective.
It is an OK university with extremely high tuition. Do not go there unless you get full ride or you are able to pay. It is not worth it. Do not drown yourself into debt.
Start Your Review of University of Detroit Mercy
My experience here at the University of Detroit Mercy is very comfortable. It is easy for me to get around campus and seek help when I'm struggling in my classes. Being able to talk to my professors one on one and asking questions in class is the best part because the class sizes are similar to what my high school experience was like. GO TITANS!
I took a visit/ tour at Mercy to decide if the environment was for me. I really liked the scenery and I felt at home. They took us to the dorms which only made me more excited for my future.
Choosing the University of Detroit Mercy was one of the best decisions I've made. I personally think I wouldn't have fit in anywhere else. The professors are all great and really love getting to know you. The class sizes are reasonably sized (depending on the course). I am a commuting student, so obviously the drive there is frustrating if you live outside of the city. Also, I would love to see some of the buildings get remodeled. Most of the buildings are great, but some look like they need some keeping up. Other than that, I wouldn't complain about anything else. The staff here is wonderfull. They are always smiling and seem like they love it there. It is a very diverse school, so I love the culture that comes along with it. Overall, I think it's a great school and recommend it to just about anyone.