University of Detroit Mercy is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division I-AAA
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.43 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.41 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.41 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management39 Graduates
Spanish Language and Literature36 Graduates
Dental Hygiene31 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies21 Graduates
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology20 Graduates
Legal Studies19 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.46 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.51 responses
After University of Detroit Mercy
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.27 responses
University of Detroit Mercy Reviews
Review University of Detroit Mercy
This is by far one of the best universities in all of Michigan. The faculty and staff are very welcoming and work with their students to reach success. For anyone looking for a great education filled with amazing oppurtunities I highly recommend Detroit Mercy!
I knew that Detroit Mercy would be my best choice because of the beautiful, safe campus, small class sizes and great professors and faculty. They all make sure that we get the proper help we need. Unlike students at big colleges, I'm able to know and talk to my professor personally. While I have had good times at Detroit Mercy my freshman year, I do wish that there were more activities on the weekends for the students to do considering a lot of us live on campus. Other than that I truly am happy I chose Detroit Mercy.
The University of Detroit Mercy provides it's students with the highest education. Academically, the university prepares all of its students for careers immediately after undergrad as well as for graduate school. The social aspect that comes along with a small, private school, however, is not the most exciting. Overall, UDM gets an A+ for education and a C- for social.