University of Detroit Mercy is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division I (without football)
University of Detroit Mercy Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.43 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.41 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.41 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management46 Graduates
Dental Hygiene28 Graduates
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology20 Graduates
Health Services Administration17 Graduates
Spanish Language and Literature17 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering13 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies12 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.46 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.51 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.27 responses
University of Detroit Mercy Reviews
Review University of Detroit Mercy
The professors are all very nice and helpful! The staff and administrators are always here to help and they do not make you feel dumb or silly. The campus is beautiful and they keep the grounds very nice. There is always an event or activity on campus that you can participate in! Student life is very fun and they try to make activities and events fun!
This is by far one of the best universities in all of Michigan. The faculty and staff are very welcoming and work with their students to reach success. For anyone looking for a great education filled with amazing oppurtunities I highly recommend Detroit Mercy!
I love the student to faculty ratio. I never see any new faces on campus, and everyone is alway ready to help. If this is someone who wants to go to college to have fun, this may not be the right school for them. The diversity is great. Although we do not have a football team, we are still a D1 school and the basketball games are our version of a big school's football games. I sometimes wish we had better professors for certain subjects, but that will be the case for the majority of schools.