1,825 reviews
  1. Denver, CO
  2. 4 Year

University of Denver Reviews

1,825 reviews
The University of Denver has exceeded my expectations. Though I'm only in my first year, I have had amazing teachers and classes that have inspired me to continue my education. Though expensive, I believe University of Denver really tries to make things accessible for their students. I am a huge fan of their motto Inclusive Excellence and I think they really are trying to make strides to better the students lives in class and on campus.
The University of Denver offers many more opportunities because it is a small private institution. The Daniels College of Business especially sets students up for success. The small size doesn't effect the school spirt, and one of my favorite aspects of the school is the high energy the students have towards the sports. Attending hockey games is what I look forward to most on Friday nights. My professors have all been very understanding and available for office hours where they are very helpful and seem to really want me to be successful in their classes. Overall I have had a great experience so far at DU.
So far DU has been amazing. I would not want to go anywhere else. it is a great balance of what you are looking for in college. There are lots of smart students here but also a lot of people who party hard. The location is fantastic with having a city and the mountains. DU is small but not too small, so I am continually meeting new people but also recognize a few people every time when I walk across campus. The student body has a lot of athletes for its size, but not much diversity.
Overall my experience at DU was pleasant, and as an older student and the flexible class schedule allowed me to work and attend school full-time. However, DU has a long way to go to achieving the diversity they strive and adverstise.
Denver is a great school in a beautiful setting. I've met people from all over the world with a vast variety of majors and career goals. Although it's known to barely have any diversity, the administration is working on it and there are a lot of cool clubs that represent students of different backgrounds. DU is expensive, but being a private school they give out large scholarships.
I've tried very hard to get active on this campus. I left a college hometown, where 95% of kids never leave, to try and branch out and really get the most out of the college experience. Student to teacher ration is great here. There isn't much else that I would really say. No one seems to be proud of our school and there doesn't seem to be anything glueing the students together. I participate in Greek Life, the school paper, a club sports team, and more. Still, I haven't felt like there is much of a connection here. If you're looking for more than just a school, something like a friendly community where you feel at home, I'd look somewhere else.
I can only go by what I see. As an adult learner, College Sports are not my biggest interest.
I would choose this school again, because I enjoy the atmosphere of learning and the commitment the Professors having in educating all students in the program. Everyone has a voice and all opinions are welcomed.
There are always multiple parties going on every Thursday-Saturday night near campus. They usually only last an hour or two before getting shutdown. Once they are shutdown, everyone hits the bars.
There are always different house/frat parties going on every Thursday-Saturday night near campus. They usually only last an hour or two until they get shutdown. Once they are shutdown, everyone hits the bars close to campus. The Border is the most popular bar followed by C&G.
I've learned a lot and the courses are challenging.
Almost all white straight kids, but people don't care if you're different.
It's Colorado. Pot is very prevalent because it's legal for half the student body, but hard drugs are not huge.
I'm so happy I chose DU. Great school in a great location with a lot to do.
We've got an active alumni network, and there are plenty of advisors and other resources to help find you jobs.
  • College Freshman
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
I've never felt in danger.
Centenial Halls is the most fun but JMAC and Towers are probably nicer. The dorms aren't that big unless you have a suite.
  • College Freshman
  • 5 months ago
  • Housing
Greek life is pretty big here, but you don't need to go greek to go to parties.
DU is the most successful NCAA D1 school in the country that doesn't have a football team. Lacrosse and hockey are by far the biggest sports on campus.
I love DU's location and size. You get all the perks of a wonderful city but are also close to the mountains.