University of Denver Reviews

1,829 reviews
The whole atmosphere is so positive and the athletics program is really competitive and really good.
When I was touring the school, the tour/ Student Life Staff were very informative and helpful. They were please to guide the potential students and pleasantly answer all of the questions that students and the parents had. Programs that are offered at the University of Denver is suitable for students interested in various fields. From its exceptional Daniels College of Business program to its science and engineering programs, students will find their place at the University with no problem. Additionally, the active student life such as sororities, fraternities, and various clubs and club sports, students will always stay active at the University of Denver.
The University of Denver has an amazing faculty and staff, specifically the Sociology and Criminology professors! They are all very willing to help you should you need it. I do wish this campus was more diverse than what is "advertised"
Review University of Denver
The University of Denver is a school that provides a good education at an inflated price. The education that I received at the University of Denver was lesser than I thought it would be. The safety of the school was also over-exaggerated. Campus security was not there to protect as much as they were to get students in trouble for minor infractions, campus security also gave false information about the services they providing giving a false illusion of safety for students.
The University of Denver has exceeded my expectations. Though I'm only in my first year, I have had amazing teachers and classes that have inspired me to continue my education. Though expensive, I believe University of Denver really tries to make things accessible for their students. I am a huge fan of their motto Inclusive Excellence and I think they really are trying to make strides to better the students lives in class and on campus.
The University of Denver offers many more opportunities because it is a small private institution. The Daniels College of Business especially sets students up for success. The small size doesn't effect the school spirt, and one of my favorite aspects of the school is the high energy the students have towards the sports. Attending hockey games is what I look forward to most on Friday nights. My professors have all been very understanding and available for office hours where they are very helpful and seem to really want me to be successful in their classes. Overall I have had a great experience so far at DU.
So far DU has been amazing. I would not want to go anywhere else. it is a great balance of what you are looking for in college. There are lots of smart students here but also a lot of people who party hard. The location is fantastic with having a city and the mountains. DU is small but not too small, so I am continually meeting new people but also recognize a few people every time when I walk across campus. The student body has a lot of athletes for its size, but not much diversity.
Overall my experience at DU was pleasant, and as an older student and the flexible class schedule allowed me to work and attend school full-time. However, DU has a long way to go to achieving the diversity they strive and adverstise.
Denver is a great school in a beautiful setting. I've met people from all over the world with a vast variety of majors and career goals. Although it's known to barely have any diversity, the administration is working on it and there are a lot of cool clubs that represent students of different backgrounds. DU is expensive, but being a private school they give out large scholarships.
I've tried very hard to get active on this campus. I left a college hometown, where 95% of kids never leave, to try and branch out and really get the most out of the college experience. Student to teacher ration is great here. There isn't much else that I would really say. No one seems to be proud of our school and there doesn't seem to be anything glueing the students together. I participate in Greek Life, the school paper, a club sports team, and more. Still, I haven't felt like there is much of a connection here. If you're looking for more than just a school, something like a friendly community where you feel at home, I'd look somewhere else.
I can only go by what I see. As an adult learner, College Sports are not my biggest interest.
I would choose this school again, because I enjoy the atmosphere of learning and the commitment the Professors having in educating all students in the program. Everyone has a voice and all opinions are welcomed.
There are always different house/frat parties going on every Thursday-Saturday night near campus. They usually only last an hour or two until they get shutdown. Once they are shutdown, everyone hits the bars close to campus. The Border is the most popular bar followed by C&G.
There are always multiple parties going on every Thursday-Saturday night near campus. They usually only last an hour or two before getting shutdown. Once they are shutdown, everyone hits the bars.
I've learned a lot and the courses are challenging.
Almost all white straight kids, but people don't care if you're different.
It's Colorado. Pot is very prevalent because it's legal for half the student body, but hard drugs are not huge.
Review University of Denver
We've got an active alumni network, and there are plenty of advisors and other resources to help find you jobs.
I'm so happy I chose DU. Great school in a great location with a lot to do.
I've never felt in danger.