University of Connecticut Campus Life
Based on housing cost, capacity, student reviews and additional factors.
On-Campus Housing Available
Freshmen Required to Live on Campus
Freshmen Live On-Campus
No data available
Undergrads in College Housing
Average Housing Cost
$7,238 / year
- of students say overall dorm quality is great. 163 responses
- of students say the dorms' social atmosphere is great. 315 responses
Based on meal plan cost and student reviews on the food.
Meal Plan Available
Average Meal Plan Cost
$6,020 / year
What are the best food options on campus?
Based on 437 responses
- The marketplace in the student union19%
- South and Northwest dining halls.18%
- Wings Over15%
- There's a lot of food that we can order.14%
- Husky Pizza5%
- UC cafés5%
- of students highly rate the dining facilities. 188 responses
grade B minus
Based on quality of housing, food services, student reviews, and additional factors.
Based on campus diversity, social scene, student reviews, and additional factors.
What is your overall opinion of your school and the campus community?
Based on 158 responses
- I love everything about my school and have a lot of campus pride.34%
- I like mostly everything about my school, but there are some things I wish were different.51%
- The school community is okay-we're all just here for an education, nothing more.12%
- I hate my school and have no school spirit.4%
Based on crimes on campus, local area crime rates, and student reviews.
- of students say they feel extremely safe and secure on campus. 187 responses
How does peer pressure affect students' use of drugs and alcohol?
Based on 135 responses
- You can have a great social life without drugs or alcohol.28%
- Most people partake in some form, but no one treats you differently if you don't.52%
- You'll definitely feel a little awkward if you don't drink.19%
- If you don't partake, you're left out.1%
How visible are the campus police on campus?
Based on 148 responses
- Extremely present and willing to assist students.18%
- There if you need them but not overbearing.53%
- Just there to bust up parties or give out parking tickets.24%
- Not very visible.5%
How popular are varsity sports on campus?
Based on 305 responses
- Almost everything on campus revolves around them.31%
- Varsity sports are a big part of campus life.60%
- Varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.8%
- No one pays attention to varsity sports.1%
Men's Varsity Sports
All Track Combined, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Swimming and Diving, Tennis
Women's Varsity Sports
All Track Combined, Basketball, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rowing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Volleyball
Clubs & Activities
Campus Ministries, Dance, Drama/Theater, International Student Organizations, Literary Magazine, Model UN, Radio Station, Student Government, Newspaper, Film Society, Television Station, Yearbook
Choral Groups, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Music Ensembles, Musical Theater, Opera, Pep Band, Symphony Orchestra
What are your favorite campus events or traditions?
Based on 181 responses
- Late Night15%
- First Night (Basketball)13%
- Rubbing Jonathan's Nose10%
- Spring Weekend10%
- Midnight Breakfast8%
- Midnight Madness8%
grade A minus
Based on access to bars and student reviews on the party scene.
What is the party scene like on campus?
Based on 199 responses
- Tons of raging parties almost any night of the week.4%
- Lots of options Wednesday-Saturday.44%
- Some decent frat/house parties, weekends only.33%
- Good parties are few and far between.10%
- Parties? What parties?9%
What is the biggest party event of the year?
Based on 111 responses
- Uconn winning in March Madness.23%
- Dual Championship20%
- Spring Weekend or Dual Championships19%
- Spring Weekend still exists in a more tame form.11%
- The UConn party scene is dead10%
- I have no knowledge on parties4%
Men in Fraternities
Women in Sororities
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join. 255 responses
Explore Campus Life at Similar Colleges
- grade B minusSouthern Connecticut State University
- 4 Year
- New Haven, CT
- Rating 3.48 out of 5 1,381 reviews
- grade B minusCentral Connecticut State University
- 4 Year
- New Britain, CT
- Rating 3.44 out of 5 1,286 reviews
- grade A minusFairfield University
- 4 Year
- Fairfield, CT
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 786 reviews
- grade BUniversity of Connecticut - Stamford
- 4 Year
- Stamford, CT
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 206 reviews