1,596 reviews
  1. Colorado Springs, CO
  2. 4 Year

University of Colorado - Colorado Springs Reviews

1,596 reviews
I love the size of the classes and the professors are great! They are passionate about what they do and you can tell that they love teaching their subject. The only con I can think about at UCCS is the parking. Good commuter school, nice campus, great professors, decent on-campus housing and a beautiful/scenic and safe area.
I like how diverse it is to be able to meet different people from all over. They have great study departments specific to students needs. Seems to be crowded at times and very hard to find parking, even with a parking pass.
I am a Pre-Collegiate student at UCCS. I loved spending my time there furthering my education. The staff and professors were always nice. They were very passionate about their subject matter. It made me more involved with the subjects and rejuvenated my love for school. They challenged me. And I love challenges! Also when I needed help they always were there to assist me. Which is great. I love the college! It is so much fun and exciting and I would recommend it to anyone!
I like the campus at University of Colorado at Colorado Springs (UCCS). They have a good library and other sitting areas to do homework at and they have very good professors and staff at the campus. UCCS is a very fun and awesome school to go to.
What I like about it's is the atmosphere. Its literally all about academics and how you're doing to succeed. Everybody around you have the same and or similar goals to you that alone makes it easier. What the college can do better is orientation for incoming students as a freshman I didn't known what classes to take for my specified major especially the course for GPS.
It has a lot of resources on campus to get help whenever you need it. The campus is very clean and the shuttle service is great.
Such a beautiful campus, and the people are friendly! I have not had a bad experience at this University. In my three years here I have learned so much from my professors, and know that UCCS is preparing me for the real world after University!
At UCCS you truly are appreciated. They take you for what you are and they offer you several things that everyone can be interested in. They have a large range of majors where almost anyone can find a career or at least a start to theirs. There are many clubs and organizations that anyone can find one if you go look for it. The professors and the staff here are supportive and will do what they can to help you achieve what you need to get done. The campus is located in a beautiful part of Colorado Springs and both the campus and the surrounding area show this.
My experience at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs has been a very positive one. All the professors are extremely helpful and will go out of their way to make sure the students get the grades they want. The school has very good learning centers also. I have spent a lot of time in the science center and the writing center. The campus also has many great clubs. I personally really enjoy the ski and ride club and Phi Sigma Sigma. The only complaint I have about UCCS is the parking on campus. It is always very difficult to find a parking spot. Sometimes it has taken so long to park I have been late for class because it can take up to 30 minutes to find a spot.
I love this campus, it is close to town, but being up on a hill makes it feel a little more secluded, and it also has an amazing view of pikes peak. The buildings are mostly brand new, so they are all clean, and equipped with the newest technology. I wish I had another semester to go here.
There's a reason the acceptance rate is almost 100%- they are ballooning the campus population in order to afford rapid expansion including new dorm buildings, parking garages, and an art center. I'm expecting that once they get large enough they'll make it more selective, and at that point the school's academics, student life, and general campus experience will vastly improve.

If you are a business major, be prepared to (a) teach yourself, (b) create your own career & professional development opportunities (which you should always be doing, but especially at this school because the quality of opportunities suck), and (c) have 1.8 million group projects with some of the most lazy & disorganized students you've ever seen.

Seems like most of the professors had bustling careers back in the 1980s or earlier, so even if they do care their experience isn't relevant for a 21st century grad, especially within fields like Information Systems and Marketing.
I transferred as a junior and got put in the freshman dorms somehow. I decided to stay so I could experience the "first-year life" on a real college campus because I never got to. I also was taking upper division classes so I, in a way, get the inside scoop on both halves of life at UCCS. The freshman housing is sub-par. We don't have AC and it's blistering hot inside the residential halls. The meals never change in variety and taste( bland) so its starts to wear on you.
The upper division classes are well put together and overall intriguing. You can either get a young lively teacher that wants you to learn and get the subject being taught, or you get the old tenure that could care less if he is even speaking loud enough so the people in the back can hear him. Life on campus is a bore. There are only freshmen live on campus and the greek life is practically non-existent.
I have really enjoyed my experience at UCCS. We don't have much of a party scene, but I don't really do that anyway. The campus is BEAUTIFUL and I like that professors actually know who you are (most class sizes are rather small). There is a lot of stuff to do on and around campus.
It's a very lovely school. The professors are very well learned and understanding. The overall curriculum requirements for a major aren't too bad.
UCCS is the perfect school for me. The students are friendly and the teachers are very good at teaching. I live on campus and the experience is amazing. The view of the mountains is incredible. It is easy to focus on work and traveling around campus is a breeze. Overall, I really enjoy the campus and recommend it students looking for a small campus environment.
I've loved this school ever since I was a child. I basically grew up here but the more I'm here the more I realize it wasn't all that I dreamed it was. They tend to screw you over financially and not tell you or talk to you about your whole situation and academically some teachers just want to watch your world burn. That's okay though because the environment and student community is there for you, the students are amazingly nice and are easy to befriend!
i thought that it was a very nice place and they had a lot of nice things. such as the food area and how they had a really big area. i also thought the dorms were a very good size the campus is really nicely put together and i would recommend going and touring it. because to be honest i have only seen the pictures from online and i would love to be able to go look around and see what it really looks like in person.
I love this school, I am an our of state student. I love how this school ets you involved in the community. The professors are phenomenal. The students are great and I love this school. I passed up 8 other college offers to go here and I am so thankful that I did. If you like a smaller school feel in a big city then this place will change your life and you can really get involved and make a mark in the community where it counts in a safe environment to learn.
I have had professors that give lectures that come straight from the slides, and these slides are word from word to the book. UCCS needs more professors that can make learning more engaging to the students.
The academics are great, and the campus is beautiful. However, it is a very lonely campus, and I would like to see a change in student involvement.