University of Colorado - Boulder Reviews

2,618 reviews
I like the natural setting of Boulder and the active student body. There isn't a ton Of diversity, especially within socioeconomic levels. I couldn't afford to participate in a lot of the extracurricular activities so it can be kind of lonely.
If you're under 21 the party options are limited to Greek. If you're a guy and not in a frat you won't get into anything. I like Boulder but off campus housing is a nightmare.
I enjoyed some of the classes I took, but there were a few that were hard. Of course, classes are different for each person; however, in my first class of my semester year racist statements were being made and my professor did nothing. The environment in this classroom reflects some of the values of admitted student as within my time at CU Boulder, I could not go one day without hearing someone say something racist, sexist, or plain offensive. In addition, the sex culture is difficult and many experience sexual assault, I know numerous girls who were sexually assaulted and their education and lives were affected dramatically. If one likes a party atmosphere, I highly recommend CU. Despite this, CU has many opportunities to stick out and become involved, particularly in educating yourself. They hold weekly events by professors and accomplished people speaking on behalf of a topic and I have learned a lot from these experiences.
Start Your Review of University of Colorado - Boulder
I like the experience of feeling like I belong to a place where people (students and professors) actually care, and want me to be successful
Amazing location with a view of the Rocky Mountains. One of the healthiest cities in America, with healthy food and lots of physical activity
I have very nice memories about my university because the were encouraged me to continue in my studying
The University of Colorado is a great choice for in-state students. There are solid academic resources available, and classes are (by and large) interesting and meaningful. The downside is the high cost of living in Boulder, which can be overcome through scholarships or commuting from one of the "L towns".
Such a diverse group of classmates. Professors I always wanted to take based on reading their books. The morale amongst the students is very high and kind. This has to be the most beautiful place on the planet.
I came during my senior year of high school to do the tour. Boulder is very cool and the mountains are stunning. The campus is easy to navigate but doesn't have much personality as all the buildings look alike. I liked the spirited atmosphere but there got the impression most students come from money, which I do not.
Freshman year was a so-so experience. My instructors were all TAs. Some were okay and some should not be teaching. Trying to find off campus housing is a nightmare and a big factor for many that go Greek.
I loved the size of campus, the natural beauty and the spirited atmosphere. There just weren't enough scholarships or resources to help me stay with rising tuition. The financial aid department is not very helpful and you just get the feeling they wouldn't care to just replace you with a full paying student.
It was a beautiful campus to be on. The professors I had were great. It was overall a great student experience.
CU Boulder is awesome GO BUFFS. There's pretty much anything going on at any time and tons of parties. Also anything you want to study is here.
I loved this university. It was a beautiful campus and my classes were enlightening. Most professors really care about what they are doing and are excellent teachers. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.
Believe it or not I was disappointed by the weather. I left Cal hoping for the full force of four seasons, but it's really only two seasons. Dry sun or snow sun. I've also been let down by the culture, seems like everyone is kind of the same.
University of Colorado -Boulder is a blast. I have had so much fun and made so many friends in just my first year. I was a little surprised that the academics weren't more rigourous. Honestly had struggled more my senior year in high school.
I do like the school and the teachers, but the parking is an issue. It is very expensive and the traffic is ridiculous. I am VERY disappointed in the school not giving the same financial aid to summer students as they do for the fall and spring. It feels like I am being punished for going to summer school. Also the complete lack of financial aid for graduate certificate programs is ridiculous, again I feel like I am being punished for being a non-degree student. It that way this school feels very bias and discriminatory and old fashioned.
Start Your Review of University of Colorado - Boulder
The views around Boulder are stunning and there's a lot to do recreationally. There's also a cute downtown area with shops and restaurants. Campus is a bit bland although as every building looks the same so it looks small and confining. The dorms are overdue for upgrades.
CU BOULDER IS LITCU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT CU BOULDER IS LIT
The students here front that they are free loving hippy activists but they are mostly snobs. There's a lot of wealthy students that act pretty entitled. I didn't need to leave California for that.