University of Chicago Reviews

1,126 reviews
My experience with University Of Chicago was amazing, all aspects of student life, academics, along with the amazing Campus provides a true college experience. The area of Hyde park is somewhat safe but some aspects of safety could be improved such as more lights on the campus.
The way the University approaches teaching and learning is remarkable. At UChicago, the aim is to teach the students how to think instead of what to think. The academics as well as students and student life are beyond excellent.
The University of Chicago is a very rigorous school and it can be hard for some people. Sometimes it's really nice and other times it's not.
Start Your Review of University of Chicago
I loved everything about it. It's what you make of it; however beware, if you are not interested in learning for the sake of learning, you will likely not be happy in this environment. The shortened school motto is 'life of the mind,' my friends and I like to joke that if we had wanted a job, we would have gone to Harvard, but we wanted to learn, so we went to UChicago. However there were almost always parties at night, and the winter is not so bad. It's one of the last higher education bastions of free speech left.
It's nice to see that the University has increased campus diversity of financial aid resources for families that will make the campus more diverse in terms of student backgrounds. I enjoyed my time in college housing a lot! Get involved with your house - go on house trips, play intramural sports, take on a leadership position. If you need something - speak up and ask for it! You really can have a say in your university. Don't be shy to speak up and ask questions. The University can only continue to improve with that kind of input.
Love this school! Great experience! The academics are invigorating and the professors are demanding, but I learned so much.
UChicago is an amazing place to be, with so many opportunities and spectacular people to meet and interact with.It is very demanding on students but that's expected of such an institution.
There's no place else in the world where learning is cherished in the same fashion than it is at the University of Chicago. The tagline "the life of the mind" can often be found on marketing materials for the university, but it truly does ring true on campus. Academics and intellectual rigor at UChicago are unrivaled.
My time at UChi so far has been great. The academics here are unparalleled, and I've grown exponentially as a writer and critical thinker. The faculty are all so invested in their teaching, and it is reflected in the amount of availability there is outside of class to meet and discuss assignments or concepts from class. Career services is also really helpful in prepping for interviews and touching up resumes, so if you engage with their office, you have a leg up in any job search. Playing sports here is an interesting pursuit, as I play on the basketball team, and although it is an awesome experience, there is little student support. On-Campus living is best in Max P, but North Dorm is also really nice having lived there for my first year. Overall, I really enjoy UChicago.
I graduated from the UofC in 1975. I have had an amazing career since then; it has been full of adventure, challenge, economic rewards, diversity, travel and fun. My dreams have been 95% fulfilled. I have no doubt that I owe it all to the doors that the UofC have opened for me. My kids have studied at Yale, Harvard Law, Georgetown, LSE and Harvard Ed School. Seeing how my kids have enjoyed to each of these schools, it is clear to me that only Yale measures up.
Great experience! Rigorous yet tangible education that prepared me very well for a career in economics. Might great friends and had great experiences
This is an amazing university beside an amazing city, which I’m sure many are aware of. There is a very diverse and nice community here and I’ve had a great experience so far.
Love Chicago, great dorm life/house culture, career services are helpful, and professors are helpful & experienced, wish the science core was less intensive
Just over a year ago, I came to UChicago expecting to live the life of the mind--and I have been engrossed in that life ever since. I have learned so much academically, taking classes including Advanced Computational Modeling for Biology, Organic Chemistry, Introduction to Language Development, and Introduction to World Music. I have learned to think, to take risks, to consider questions I wouldn't have otherwise explored. Being at UChicago has also allowed me to immerse myself in the South Side community as my House's Civic Engagement Representative.
Ive had an amazing experience at UChicago. While here though I found the school difficult the lack of competition is truly amazing. Furthermore, the ability to learn from noteworthy faculty, and do research with them, still amazes me.
I loved the campus . They are always friendly to visitors . They also keep everything clean and they make sure you know what you want . the students are always happy to talk to you and or answer your questions. I love the diversity and the acceptance for people who are different.
First I would like to start by saying the staff is so important to any organization because those are the first people you see before you really start classes. They are very helpful to my needs and as well as to others needs they really take the time out to answer any questions that I need answer to and very understanding I recommend anyone going to college to go to this school if you would love customer service and friendly environment this is the place to be.
Start Your Review of University of Chicago
I work at the University of Chicago. The students and facility are nice and caring. You get to meet a lot of people from all over the world.
What I liked about the University of Chicago was its challenging curriculum known as "Core". It's a very pretentious school with outstanding standards based on academia. The University of Chicago is probably the best school, based on academics, all the whole Midwest region.
University of Chicago gives you a wholesome educational experience due to the core curriculum. However, enrolling in classes is not an enjoyable experience.