A private university chartered in 1890 by John D. Rockefeller, the University of Chicago has been shaping higher education and the intellectual lives of undergraduates for more than a century. Boasting a 217-acre campus on the shores of Lake Michigan, UChicago has been home to more than 80 Nobel laureates, the largest number affiliated with any American university. UChicago scholars were the first to split the atom, to measure the speed of light, and to develop the field of sociology. The College is the largest academic unit of the university, which encompasses 10 graduate divisions and professional schools, including on-campus law, business, and medical schools.
University of Chicago Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.68 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.76 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.74 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.89 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.104 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.43 responses