COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
During this time of crisis, stay safe and healthy. At UChicago, we are here to help you (virtually, via e-mail, or telephonically). Once the world returns to normal, we will offer expanded on-campus programming to make up for these lost weeks and to provide additional access to our campus for all students and families. We are all in this together!
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeA
A private university chartered in 1890 by John D. Rockefeller, the University of Chicago has been shaping higher education and the intellectual lives of undergraduates for more than a century. Boasting a 217-acre campus on the shores of Lake Michigan, UChicago has been home to 92 Nobel laureates, the largest number affiliated with any American university. UChicago scholars were the first to split the atom, to measure the speed of light, and to develop the field of sociology. The College is the largest academic unit of the university, which encompasses 11 graduate divisions and professional schools, including on-campus law, business, molecular engineering, and medical schools.
University of Chicago Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.68 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.82 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.80 responses
Public Policy Analysis132 Graduates
Political Science and Government120 Graduates
Computer Science78 Graduates
Research and Experimental Psychology63 Graduates
Molecular Engineering at UChicago
The Pritzker School of Molecular Engineering (PME) educates the next generation of leaders in the fast-growing field of molecular engineering by integrating science and engineering to address global challenges from the molecular level up. Through interdisciplinary research themes, our engineering students apply molecular-level science to the design of advanced devices, processes, and technologies.
- Everyone has something interesting about them64%
- Unabashedly excited about learning15%
- Econ major8%
- Extremely Liberal5%
- Insane but in a good way3%
- No one PRETENDS to care about anything3%
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.95 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.110 responses
- Intellectual and fun16%
- Intellectual and quirky13%
- Love-hate relationship8%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.43 responses
University of Chicago Reviews
- Final Note: Financial Aid is very generous, everyone whose families earn under 125K/year get full tuition and below 90k gives you a host of benefits and half your room/board covered. So don't be scared off by the price!