COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
During this time of crisis, stay safe and healthy. At UChicago, we are here to help you (virtually, via e-mail, or telephonically). Once the world returns to normal, we will offer expanded on-campus programming to make up for these lost weeks and to provide additional access to our campus for all students and families. We are all in this together!
A private university chartered in 1890 by John D. Rockefeller, the University of Chicago has been shaping higher education and the intellectual lives of undergraduates for more than a century. Boasting a 217-acre campus on the shores of Lake Michigan, UChicago has been home to 92 Nobel laureates, the largest number affiliated with any American university. UChicago scholars were the first to split the atom, to measure the speed of light, and to develop the field of sociology. The College is the largest academic unit of the university, which encompasses 11 graduate divisions and professional schools, including on-campus law, business, molecular engineering, and medical schools.
University of Chicago Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.68 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.80 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.78 responses
Molecular Engineering at UChicago
The Pritzker School of Molecular Engineering (PME) educates the next generation of leaders in the fast-growing field of molecular engineering by integrating science and engineering to address global challenges from the molecular level up. Through interdisciplinary research themes, our engineering students apply molecular-level science to the design of advanced devices, processes, and technologies.
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.93 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.108 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.43 responses