University of Charleston is a private university located in Charleston, West Virginia. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,220 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the University of Charleston acceptance rate is 64%. Popular majors include Business, Nursing, and Occupational Therapist Assistant. Graduating 49% of students, University of Charleston alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $32,500.
NCAA Division II (with football)
Mountain East Conference
Considered but not required
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.14 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.17 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.17 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.23 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.29 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.15 responses
University of Charleston Reviews
UC offers so much for their students. I am very impressed with the resources that are available. Everyone has been so kind and welcoming, not only on campus, but around town as well!
Our experience touring University of Charleston was wonderful. The campus was very clean and absolutely beautiful. Classrooms, hallways, and all areas that we were able to see on the tour were clean and very nicely decorated with beautiful art work. The lunch we were provided was exceptional. The outside campus was very quaint with lots of nature.
The school has a gorgeous campus, it is obvious that much time and thought has went into the landscape design. The school is very diverse and features many students from other parts of the world and different races. Professors are very helpful and determined to help each individual student reach their goals, and academics are highly emphasized at the school. Overall, it is a beautiful school with professors that are determined to help their students succeed.