University of Charleston is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Mountain East Conference
University of Charleston Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.14 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.16 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.16 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management106 Graduates
Occupational Therapist Assistant27 Graduates
Radiation Therapy25 Graduates
Elementary Education15 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities14 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services14 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.22 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.28 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.15 responses
University of Charleston Reviews
The University of Charleston is a very unique school that attracts students from many backgrounds and embraces differences. There are a wide variety of groups, sports and activities to become involved in at this school. The University of Charleston really focuses on making each student feel comfortable expressing his or her self while continuing their education. However, like any other University, each students' experience is what he or she makes out of it.
The University of Charleston is a small school with an enrollment of around 2000 students. Because of this, it is easy to get to know the professors on a personal level, and class sizes are small. If I have questions about a certain class, the professors make themselves available and able to discuss any issues or confusing material. On the other hand, this school is very small, so the environment can be boring. Athletic teams do not receive a huge crowd because it is not important or there are not a lot of people to attend. The cost to attend this university is outrageous for what is offered from the school. Most of the buildings and materials are out of date, there are limited food options even though a meal plan is required, and it is clear that the school is not using our money to expand or enhance any aspects.
Charleston started out tough because my 3rd class was dropped due to lack of instructor and then my account with the wouldn't open the first week. But now that it is up and running, I love this school ! The online classes are awesome!