University of Central Missouri Reviews

1,052 reviews
I am attending the University of Central Missouri to obtain a degree in Physical Therapy. I am also playing baseball there. I am happy with all aspects of the University. The only thing that I would change is adding more washers and dryers in the dorms.
My professor for my class is very cryptic about what she wants when giving directions. When you ask her questions she does not answer them and chooses to be even more cyrptic in her response.
University of Central Missouri has a great environment. There's lots to do and see. Students are social, and the campus is beautiful. However the dorms are a little small.
Review University of Central Missouri
I really enjoy the atmosphere here, it's the right size school, not to small not to big. The town is little and cute, and everyone is so nice. The school really helps you find yourself and helps you discover what's important to you, and really gets you ready for the workforce. I can't imagine going anywhere else.
As a current student at the University of Central Missouri (UCM) I get to see a lot of new things happening around campus. The football field has been renovated; new apartment buildings are being built right off campus, and the academic and athletic departments are working constantly to bring the best to the student population. With the recent funding cuts at UCM I am amazed that we are still functioning to the same degree as in years past. It is a testament to this college's ability to adapt to change and provide for the student community.
As a student I would like to see updates to the student housing; the dorm rooms themselves in particular. I would like to see increased student involvement around campus and more events centered toward building a community among the students.
The University of Central Missouri is a wonderful campus. It is easily accessible and easy to navigate. It brings a small campus feel to a student body of over 14,000.
Go Mules
The public relations program at University of Central Missouri (UCM) is top notch. The professors are extremely helpful and supportive. Greek Life at UCM helped shape me into the person I am today. I would highly recommend getting involved on campus and meet as many people as you can. I was also a part of athletics at UCM and we were always praised and given content support from staff. If you are planning on getting an MBA after graduation start to study for the GRE early. I was misguided by a staff member, which made me unprepared for the exam. Other than that UCM is a great and affordable school.
UCM is a very fun school. Not just the partying but also in the classroom. The professors made it so easy to learn. They were very helpful and flexible when it came to students education. UCM is a fun place to learn, the professors get evolved and made learning easy and fun.
Good luck on your journey at college, university of central missouri is a good school. I would recommend this school to all graduating high school seniors
I love the professors at UCM. They really do a good job on trying to interact with students in a positiver manner, and most professors sincerely care about the students and making sure they are moving in the right directions on their academics. As a member of the Cross Country and Track teams, I can say first hand that UCM has outstanding athletic programs. The food is top quality and there is nothing better than a rural, medium sized college town to spend your four years of undergrad at!
The University of Central Missouri is a great place to earn a degree. There are great professors who really do care about the success of their students. There is student support all over campus with plenty of tutors and clubs to get involved with. Athletics at UCM are top notch, with many championships within the department. Overall, student life at UCM is wonderful and I would recommend this school to anyone seeking a successful and supportive college.
UCM is one of the worst experiences I have ever had in my life. The title ix system is terrible, they do not care about what situations you may have going on in your life and they play to the low income areas of missouri to scam highschool seniors out of their money. Terrible place to go to school.
My mother is an alum of UCM, which is what introduced me to the school. What I love about it is the many opportunity. In my field there are many different programs that are geared to helping me to the career I want. It sets you up for exactly where you want to be in life. I also love the diversity. I come from a small country town where there is no one who looks like - white majority. At UCM not only are there students there that I can identify with there are a lot of other nationalities and races that come from many different backgrounds, and cultures. It is also 3 hours from home, which gives me independence but enough for me to return home for holidays, and breaks.
UCM is in a small town, Warrensburg. You will have small class sizes and the professors really seem to want you to succeed. There is a great athletic building with all kinds of things to do inside of it. The one downside is lack of jobs for college students.
I will be a Junior at UCM. Based on my experience, I have learned that getting involved on campus makes the experience of college better. I have made tons of friends since my freshman year and on my way to better things. I am apart of an AMAZING program which has dedicated teachers with one goal; they want their students to graduate. They are invested in what we do as students and push us towards our potential. The only thing I would say that needs to change is how some of the dorm rooms look. A LOT of them are run down to the point where nobody would want to live in them. They NEED updating badly. Another thing that needs to change is how racist our campus really is. I have enjoyed my experience at UCM and can't wait to graduate and put my degree to work!!
I haven't attended the school but I have heard great things about the campus. The times I have visited the campus I had a great time. It's a beautiful campus, the food was amazing, and the student I got to talk to really talked about how wonderful this school is. I am excited to be able to be a Mule.
I've had a great time at UCM. The professors here are professional, approachable, and ready to go the extra mile. The staff are all friendly and helpful as well. I have only two complaints, the first being that the University takes such great pains to avoid raising tuition that many of its programs suffer from inadequate funding and some great professors are laid off from budget cuts. The other complaint I have is that the system for university scholarships is difficult and time consuming. I have been trying to fund my education without getting into debt, and have often wished there was a more efficient process. These things aside, I am thoroughly enjoying attending UCM!
I'm almost done with my first year at UCM, and I love it here! The class sizes are great, the professors seem to genuinely care about how you do in class, the food is good, and the dorms are great.
Review University of Central Missouri
I am currently a freshman at the University of Central Missouri. I couldn't be happier about my decision in coming here. I truly feel like the professors care about my success. Plus, there are so many different activities on campus that it's so easy to get involved and make new friends!
The campus is beautiful and everyone is super friendly. I have always felt safe on campus and there are many people around to help you. Some staff members of the dining choices have even come to know me on a more personal level. its a very welcoming environment. Have only had one bad professor other than that the others are very helpful!
Although the campus is large, , I found that as soon as I transferred, I went from an honor's society student with a 3.65 GPA at SFCC to being put on academic probation for my first UCM semester and receiving 2 D's an F, and a C. I feel this is directly related to the faculty in the Science Building who are cold, distant, and do not seem to want to - or like to - interact with students and do not "teach" as much as they all simply create PowerPoint slides and read the slides verbatim to the students as the sole class material.

Asking questions seems to be discouraged by the teachers in the biology department, and I have found that many teachers will rush through the material and add nothing else.

I am transferring out of biology and giving up my dream of working with animals due the environment of the sciences programs at UCM to major in research psychology instead as the psychology department is very welcoming and with a much more student-friendly environment.