University of California - Santa Cruz is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
Division III Independents
High School GPA
Students also applied to ...
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.237 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.236 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.235 responses
Most Popular Majors
Managerial Economics270 Graduates
Computer Science263 Graduates
Cellular Biology250 Graduates
Environmental Studies221 Graduates
Anthropology and Archaeology149 Graduates
Cinematography and Video Production126 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.300 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.343 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 159 responsesReport
After University of California - Santa Cruz
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.163 responses
Colleges like University of California - Santa Cruz
- A+University of California - Santa Barbara
- 4 Year
- Santa Barbara, CA
- 4,086 reviews
- A-University of California - Riverside
- 4 Year
- Riverside, CA
- 2,890 reviews
- B-San Jose State University
- 4 Year
- San Jose, CA
- 3,570 reviews
- AUniversity of California - Davis
- 4 Year
- Davis, CA
- 4,076 reviews
University of California - Santa Cruz Reviews
Review University of California - Santa Cruz
WOW! I loved my first year here so much that I stayed for summer, taking four math classes. This school loves its students and wants everyone to succeed. The campus is hands down the single most beautiful one in the world. It's an amazing place to live. Dining options leave nothing to be desired, which is saying something because I am picky! I love my professors and I appreciate the staff members in all the Student Services departments. Everyone is here to help. I met my boyfriend in my first-year dorms. I couldn't be happier with my choice of school.
Santa Cruz is a beautiful place to go to school. The campus is gorgeous, your classes are within a stunning sea of redwood trees on a hill overlooking the ocean. The classes I have taken have been wonderful with professors and TA's that are extremely well versed in the subjects they teach. The Financial Aide office and Admissions office are slightly unorganized though which can inflict challenges on your educational goal. Despite that however, it is an amazing school to reside!
UCSC is an amazing campus! I fell in love with it when I saw the deep forest it was in and just how close it was to the beach! I really love it so much. Other than the aesthetics of UCSC, the faculty is really great and the classes are exceptional. My mind has expanded in ways I could only imagine before. Also, the diversity on campus is, more-or-less, well rounded from a student's perspective. I've met various people from many different parts of the world and it has been an amazing experience for me!