University of California - Santa Cruz Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.237 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.247 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.246 responses
Most Popular Majors
Computer Science332 Graduates
Managerial Economics259 Graduates
Cellular Biology234 Graduates
Environmental Studies184 Graduates
Anthropology and Archaeology152 Graduates
Political Science and Government152 Graduates
Cinematography and Video Production142 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.311 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.354 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 170 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.163 responses
Colleges like University of California - Santa Cruz
- A+University of California - Santa Barbara
- 4 Year
- Santa Barbara, CA
- 4,200 reviews
- A-University of California - Riverside
- 4 Year
- Riverside, CA
- 3,003 reviews
- B-San Jose State University
- 4 Year
- San Jose, CA
- 3,678 reviews
- AUniversity of California - Davis
- 4 Year
- Davis, CA
- 4,216 reviews
University of California - Santa Cruz Reviews
I love UCSC! I decided to come to this school because of it's beautiful campus and because it is a good school in a prime location for my major (marine biology). The campus is unlike any I've seen before; you practically forget that you're walking around a college campus because you get so immersed in the beautiful scenic redwood forest around you. UCSC is also very close to the ocean, making it a great location for those who love to frequent the beach. Aside from location, I have had great experiences academically with this school. All of my professors have been extremely kind and genuinely interested in the wellbeing and learning process of their students. Finally, UCSC is a school that is extremely accepting of people from all different backgrounds, sexual orientations, and cultures and strives to make all students feel welcome. Has always been my dream school, and still is.
I have had the time of my life at UCSC! The campus is nestled in the woods of Santa Cruz a wonderlfy funky surfer town with lots of character. The school itself is beautiful with so many amazing things to do outdoors. There are amazing caves, shrines, ponds, and tree houses to explore. The reattach opportunities are amazing. Perhaps the best part of the university is how it is separated into 10 separate colleges instead of feeling like a huge state university it feels much more like a small university with small classes. I was surprised by just how much I get to interact with professors and the provost of my college. As far as parties go the forest is always happening and first rain and 420 are amazing.
I'm going to be a sophomore at UCSC and I love it here! The staff really pay attention to you, everyone is very caring and thoughtful, and most importantly there are so many clubs on campus that there is a place for everyone to enjoy their favorite extra curricular activities. Not to mention the environment of Santa Cruz is worth visiting, and there are so many things to do around the area, such as go to the beach boardwalk or hike in the woods. Some changes I would like to expect at Santa Cruz are more funding toward all departments, more job opportunities on campus for students to be more involved in the santa cruz community, and more housing for student since that is becoming harder to attain as the years go by. Overall, UCSC is a great choice for those who choose to come here! Go slugs!