University of California - Santa Barbara Reviews

4,228 reviews
I have yet to feel out of place here, it is my second home. The campus is right next to the beach so its very beautiful. The staff and students work to provide a welcoming environment. The party scene is great if that's what you like to do ,but there are plenty of other events that you can attend that different orgs put on.
Santa Barbara is a great school, they are really focused on the success of students. If you are not doing good in school or if your are going through some things, the school really focuses on you. Not only is UCSB great on academics but it is also good when it comes to student activities and it is located on a great campus next to the beach. I love UCSB.
The school is very welcoming and you feel like you fit in. I don't think that I would really change anything.
Start Your Review of University of California - Santa Barbara
I went to UC Santa Barbara for a summer program and absolutely loved it. The campus is gorgeous and don't even get me started on the food. The kids on campus seemed so content and the atmosphere seemed friendly and supportive.
The academics is very tough yet eye opening. The people here are super nice and I feel that everyone will find their place here.
What I liked about the college is the beautiful view of the beach. Also when you at the campus is nice to walk around and the classes are cool.
Great beach community atmosphere with amazing academic resources. This campus is very accommodating and the student body is active.
I am currently going into my 3rd year and UCSB and I love this place with all of my heart. If you make an effort to get involved and put yourself out there, you will truly thrive at this campus. It is a huge group of wonderful welcoming people that have a passion for many things and are so well rounded. It is a diverse campus that has so many opportunities. We have truly incredible professors that are dedicated to their job.
Great academics, but challenging. Impersonal staff. Great musical events and campus. Loved the area. Lots to do there. Great restaurants and beach area.
The professors for sure are amazing. The way they tackle teaching is like nothing I have ever witnessed before. Not to mention living less than 5 minutes from the beach is an experience that’s hard to put in words. The interesting academics on top of the beautiful scenery make this school an amazing place to live.
I love it here, the academics are amazing, the teachers are very passionate on what they do, it’s in such a beautiful location, and the social life lives up to the hype. Who wouldn’t want to be here??
Very nice college, beautiful campus and devoted professors. Also, great food and staff, and very diverse campus. Also a safe place to be, the University has really stepped up its security game. Very prime location and overall a very enlightened and great place.
UCSB is a great university. As an engineering major, there were lots of opportunities to grow, learn, and connect with interior faculties or local companies. The faculty and peers were are very intelligent and willing to help. The campus is very nice and right next to the ocean. Also get plenty of chances to engage in the social scenes, such as parties, on campus events, and clubs.
good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good
I liked how connected a lot of the community was which was something that I did not have in high school.
I loved the friends I made. The academics are challenging; don't write this off as just a "party school" (although the parties are amazing!)
UCSB is a really beautiful campus by the beach, and it has a welcoming environment for all students. Courses here are really intense and worth learning. Such a big university makes it a place for all majors and interests. The local areas are nice and enthusiastic, and UCSB should not be considered a "party school" any more due to its strong academic vibe.
Start Your Review of University of California - Santa Barbara
The University of California is a great school with a beautiful campus. The professors are great and has a good variety of resources for their students. The only downside to this school is that they do not have a football or basketball team, but they make up for it by being involved in the school's soccer team. The facilities at this school are great and the location is incredible. There are so many dining options, so many living spaces near by and you can get anywhere with a bus ride or a bike ride. A great school that I recommend to many people.
UCSB has a really friendly and safe vibe on campus. Everything is within walking distance and there are several good food and adventure spots nearby. The professors that I've had are great, and the Teacher's Assistants (usually grad students) are even better. However, most majors seem to be heavily impacted and crashing courses and waitlists are the norm.
This college is the best. The campus is great and so is everything about it. Such a positive environment