University of California - Santa Barbara Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.247 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.264 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.264 responses
Most Popular Majors
Research and Experimental Psychology512 Graduates
International Studies332 Graduates
Environmental Studies302 Graduates
Political Science and Government271 Graduates
Physiological Psychology175 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 163 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.364 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.406 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 161 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.159 responses
Colleges like University of California - Santa Barbara
- A-University of California - Santa Cruz
- 4 Year
- Santa Cruz, CA
- 3,564 reviews
- AUniversity of California - San Diego
- 4 Year
- La Jolla, CA
- 3,248 reviews
- ACalifornia Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo
- 4 Year
- San Luis Obispo, CA
- 3,517 reviews
- AUniversity of California - Irvine
- 4 Year
- Irvine, CA
- 3,498 reviews
University of California - Santa Barbara Reviews
I had a great experience attending UCSB! Professors, staff, and peers were all very supportive throughout my four years at this school. Courses were rigorous, but you learned a lot through the professors and the research being conducted. It is a very chill vibe considering you live next to the beach. Living on campus was great and made everything accessible, but living off campus in I.V. was great too since it's right next door to campus. The network created during undergrad and post graduation is amazing as well!
I am very happy to attend such a beautiful school. While UCSB does have the party-school reputation, it also has a lesser-known academic reputation: classes are rigorous and students rise to the challenge. My biggest issue with UCSB lies mostly with their financial aid office, but that's personal and it's otherwise a great place to consider for college trips!
UCSB is an incredible place! I have had life changing and inspiring professors, met some of my closest friends, and live in a place where I can watch the sun set over the ocean every night. The people at UCSB are very friendly and I have found it to be a place where people try to lift each other up as opposed to competing with each other and not sharing notes or information like other colleges. UCSB has a wonderful study abroad program as a part of the wider UC system. The downside to UCSB is large classes--you really have to make an effort to have relationships with professors, but because it is a large university you have SO MANY OPPORTUNITIES to do research/ intern/ join or start a club. I love my school and my campus and although it took some time to feel this way, I can't imagine myself anywhere else.