University of California - Riverside Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.214 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.230 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.228 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.278 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.335 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.163 responses
Colleges like University of California - Riverside
- AUniversity of California - Irvine
- 4 Year
- Irvine, CA
- 3,484 reviews
- BCalifornia State University - San Bernardino
- 4 Year
- San Bernardino, CA
- 2,339 reviews
- BCalifornia State Polytechnic University - Pomona
- 4 Year
- Pomona, CA
- 2,740 reviews
- A-University of California - Santa Cruz
- 4 Year
- Santa Cruz, CA
- 3,554 reviews
University of California - Riverside Reviews
Only an average university. Bad location, horrible counselors and staffs. This University has nothing much to offer! And to make things worst, there isn’t a football team. I cannot believe I chose this university over NAU in Flagstaff. I highly recommend you to not go here, I’m trying to transfer myself. Just because it is diverse, doesn’t mean it’s a good thing! For example, you might have a professor with a thick accent that u can’t understand, and that’s not a good thing at all.
If coming from the Bay Area, you'll be disappointed about the diversity of cuisine in the surrounding area of the campus. The residential hall food is alright and are always buffet style so there can always be something for you to eat. But once in awhile you'll get tired of it, but do not fret! There are dining dollars that you can use for on campus dining that is not in the dining halls. I have been told that the quality of food here has been better so if you are thinking about attending this school, do not expect much but do expect a growth in quality while you're here. If you do not wish to dine on campus, there is a university village that is a 15-20 minute walk away with more restaurants for you to experience. You will be given discounts at the theater there and coupons for being a student at UCR.
So far, my experience with Riverside has been great! Faculty are usually very helpful and almost all of the professors I've had have been very helpful and easy to understand. The food in the dining halls aren't bad at all and I love how there are many options at the HUB. The atmosphere is very calm during the day, but there is also social events that happen on campus also. Overall, my experience at UCR has been fun and enjoyable.