University of California - Merced Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.125 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.128 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.128 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 68 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.156 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.177 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.90 responses
Colleges like University of California - Merced
- B+California Lutheran University
- 4 Year
- Thousand Oaks, CA
- 1,015 reviews
- B+Vanguard University of Southern California
- 4 Year
- Costa Mesa, CA
- 786 reviews
- BCalifornia State University - San Bernardino
- 4 Year
- San Bernardino, CA
- 2,289 reviews
- ASanta Clara University
- 4 Year
- Santa Clara, CA
- 1,273 reviews
University of California - Merced Reviews
UC Merced is a great university, but is in the middle of no where which tends to make weekends uneventful. As first year students, you’re not able to have a car on campus so you really have to make the best out of the campus. Lake Yosemite is walking distance from the campus, which is a plus because students can have a barbecue and relax there. The professors are always there to help you with anything. Food isn’t the best, unless food truck are on campus. Overall UC Merced is a beautiful campus and a great place to study!
The professors here at the Univeristy of California, Merced are passionate and straight forward about their expectations of their students. Most if not all of my toreadors make it clear that they care about their students success by reminding us that they have office hours or stopping mid-lecture to ask if we are understanding the lecture. Last semester, my history professor, professor Malloy was spectacular! He was always enthusiastic during lecture and would reenact historical events by asking us to participate in debates. Then, my sociology professor, professor Guzam, was always passionate during his sociology lectures and often asked if we were okay and were understanding everything he was explaining during lecture.
I love how different this UC is apart from any other UC. Not only is it an upcoming university, but its experience is like no other. From being in touch with nature, (hence all the cows and raccoons), to meeting people from around the globe, UC Merced is a great place to focus on studies. Love my experience here and I can't wait to continue my journey!