University of California - Merced Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.125 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.128 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.128 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 68 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.156 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.177 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.90 responses
Colleges like University of California - Merced
- B+California Lutheran University
- 4 Year
- Thousand Oaks, CA
- 1,012 reviews
- B+Vanguard University of Southern California
- 4 Year
- Costa Mesa, CA
- 785 reviews
- BCalifornia State University - San Bernardino
- 4 Year
- San Bernardino, CA
- 2,282 reviews
- ASanta Clara University
- 4 Year
- Santa Clara, CA
- 1,268 reviews
University of California - Merced Reviews
The professors here at the Univeristy of California, Merced are passionate and straight forward about their expectations of their students. Most if not all of my toreadors make it clear that they care about their students success by reminding us that they have office hours or stopping mid-lecture to ask if we are understanding the lecture. Last semester, my history professor, professor Malloy was spectacular! He was always enthusiastic during lecture and would reenact historical events by asking us to participate in debates. Then, my sociology professor, professor Guzam, was always passionate during his sociology lectures and often asked if we were okay and were understanding everything he was explaining during lecture.
Contrary to the belief that UC Merced isn't a top school, my experience at the university has proven that UC Merced is a good school for many reasons. I have had many great professors and have learned a lot from each and every one of them. I have met a lot of cool people, many of whom I know will be friends for life. We have a great deal of clubs that you could get involved in and get experience from. And the best part of it all - everything is set to grow! Yes, we are a small campus, but with the recent influx of prospective students and expansion endeavors such as the 2020 Project, everything is set to double, if not triple, within the coming years. I would highly recommend UC merced to any prospective students entering college.
UCM has lots to offer. I believe that the university is able to give its students so many great opportunities such as internships, work study, and studying abroad. The school is still in progress however each year the rate of students increases significantly!