University of California - Irvine is ...
NCAA Division I-AAA
Big West Conference
University of California - Irvine Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Students also applied to ...
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.221 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.230 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.231 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 137 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.295 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.346 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 157 responsesReport
After University of California - Irvine
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.159 responses
Colleges like University of California - Irvine
- A-University of California - Riverside
- 4 Year
- Riverside, CA
- 2,882 reviews
- AUniversity of California - San Diego
- 4 Year
- La Jolla, CA
- 3,105 reviews
- AUniversity of California - Davis
- 4 Year
- Davis, CA
- 4,053 reviews
- A-University of California - Santa Cruz
- 4 Year
- Santa Cruz, CA
- 3,454 reviews
University of California - Irvine Reviews
Review University of California - Irvine
I love the campus environment! Especially of Aldrich Park right at the center of the park which encompasses different paths to all classes. It is such a vibrant university and honestly feel so comfortable with the student life and clubs. Another thing that I love is the school spirit, "ZOT ZOT ZOT" which is our Anteater (school mascot) chant! A thing that I wish would change would be the diversity of the school population because more than 58% is asian/pacific islander, and hope that one day more ethnic groups apply to this wonderful college of UC Irvine!
With a beautiful campus, UC Irvine is one of the best in the UC system for those academically minded. The campus is a big place - big enough for everyone to find where they fit in. There's a plethora of majors, minors, and programs offered at UC Irvine, as well as extracurricular activities. The surrounding area is also a great place, although it's also suburban and spread out - so be sure to bring your car, bike, or consider Uber, who often has deals for UCI students!
The safety and security is very good. Then again I do not know if that is biased because I haven't experienced anything. Although I did always catch a random man standing by our housing and I called the police twice about him but nothing was done. He even started lurking around my freshman dorm housing area. And I have heard about incidents with our campus police in which they do not help people as best as they can. I cannot verify these statements, I only heard them from one of my professors. So all I can say is I hope they step up a little more and actually pay attention when someone brings something suspicious up, and that they do not take it lightly. In these times, you never know!