1,783 reviews
  1. Merced, CA
  2. 4 Year

University of California - Merced Reviews

1,783 reviews
UC Merced is certainly a growing campus, meaning that there are plenty of aspects that could be and are currently being improved. As a student in their School of Engineering, I am moderately impressed by the standards of learning on this very new campus.
Honestly, this school is great. I do not have much of a complaint at all about it. Academics are good, people are friendly, off campus housing is affordable, and they are even making renovations to the school through the 2020 project.
It's a growing institution. It's small and relatively new but there are many perks of attending a smaller school. I'm from Southern California so switching to living in a small, rural area was a big change I didn't appreciate when I first moved here. The people are generally nice and helpful, everyone wants to see you do your best and graduate on time. UC Merced also has many opportunities that will help you beyond your college education.
Caring community that supports you throughout the 4 years that you attend. There are plenty of opportunities where you can have a 1 on 1 meeting with advisers to discuss your career and academic goals.
I am on the Women's soccer team and I love it at UC Merced. There may not be much to do around the school, but there is always things going on on the campus and Yosemite is pretty close. If you want to play sports the athletic community is super close and fun to be apart of. The teachers I have had all have been great and I love all the courses I have taken. Overall, its a great school filled with diversity and a new experience for anyone.
UC Merced is a great university located in a rural area if you like the quiet atmosphere. The nature scene allows for great relaxation and help to be able to ease the mind when overwhelmed with stress. The teachers are a great help to students especially since class discussions are small, and allow for 1 on 1 interactions.
I like the modern look Merced has, as opposed to other universities. I also like that it is close enough to my home that I can go whenever I need to, yet far enough to where I feel like I am completely independent.
It is great for people who prefer small campuses. The people are very friendly and there are lots of ways to find a mentor just for you. It's a nice way to enter college and get used to the system. The classes are very interactive and the professors are great people.
University of California Merced is a smaller university in a rural area but it is quickly improving with the 2020 project and already owns the largest land area for a UC. Since the university has a smaller population, it is easy to seek help and guidance from professors as they always have time to help with assignments and concepts.
UC Merced is a great school with many research opportunities. The staff and faculty are amazing individuals who are very intelligent and eager to connect with students. I believe that this is a great public school because it is fairly new and therefore modern in design as well as in technology. Additionally, the campus is still relatively small, along with the class sizes, so you are receiving the quality of a private school at the price of a public university.
UC Merced is a brand new campus that has potential to be something great. Academically, it has some good majors and resources to help students. The students are helpful and amazing. It feels like one big family helping each other out. The only down side is that it is a small campus with limited parking.
UC Merced is overall one of the calmest schools, there really isn't anything to complain about. It is very capable of having successful students with their intelligent professors. The campus is very welcoming and comfortable, while being surrounded by not much to distract students fro, their schoolwork.
I have only been on-campus for a month, but it has been very welcoming and resources are abundant. It is really friendly and everyone is pretty willing to help.
I like how advanced the campus looks and the big plans they are striving to accomplish. UC Merced seems like a very laid back college. The students that I have met are very accepting and nice. The school is definitely all about trying to make it a great place to study and stay at. Although the school is placed in such a country scene, they have managed to make it look like a small city-town. I have been told that the school does have it's own version of Coachella, located in what they call the "Bowl". The students talk about this event very highly and it seems like it is important to the party scene.
I'm absolutely privileged to go here. It's an amazing school and it's exactly what you make out of it. I love coming to this school and I'm glad I picked to go here.
Contrary to the belief that UC Merced isn't a top school, my experience at the university has proven that UC Merced is a good school for many reasons. I have had many great professors and have learned a lot from each and every one of them. I have met a lot of cool people, many of whom I know will be friends for life. We have a great deal of clubs that you could get involved in and get experience from. And the best part of it all - everything is set to grow! Yes, we are a small campus, but with the recent influx of prospective students and expansion endeavors such as the 2020 Project, everything is set to double, if not triple, within the coming years. I would highly recommend UC merced to any prospective students entering college.
UC Merced is the youngest of all UC's. I have been lucky to be a student here for 4 years. I have seen several buildings go up expanding the campus. The environment is friendly it's like its own little town in itself. I am glad to be a part of UC Merced's first generation.
nice campus to be even if the food isn't the best around and there is nothing near it it's all just grassy fields with cows around
I visited UC Merced with my AVID class, I really enjoyed the environment and the soft breeze. The people were nice and quiet, and I really just overall enjoyed being there. We did not really visit much, but I really enjoyed the variety. The campus was big then, and it's even bigger now.
Very clean, environment-friendly. So many resources, and help. Some instructors are ok. Small and friendly, not many distractions, but not much to do during the weekends.