University of British Columbia Reviews

Massive school that is filled with things to do. Although it is far from downtown Vancouver, UBC acts as its own city. As a busy student, one does not have to travel far for good food and fun activities. Class registration can be a challenge as there are so many students but once you get your dream setup, it's really fun and worth the hours of studying.
I love the diversity of thought, culture and people found on campus. It is truly unparalleled in it's ability to capture an exciting international vibe, high academic performance and sense of inclusion for all.
UBC's campus is absolutely stunning - it's very spacious and peaceful. I especially love how it's filled with nature which decreases the stress of the students during finals season. The university is also filled with an abundance of different opportunities, such as a variety of clubs, jobs and teams!
Start Your Review of University of British Columbia
The location and how it was very diverse and how helpful everyone was around you. The best part is Create which is an orientation for first years on the first day of classes which makes it a lot easier to make friends and also get to know the place where you will be studying for the nest 4 to 6 years.
The college community is very interactive and educative. You meet like minded people that help you understand that we’re not alone in our quest to better ourselves and secure our future. The experience so far has been mind blowing and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
The university of British Colombia is a very diverse and accepting school. With students from all around the world I have become more aware and cultured about the world around me. Living on campus gives me access to many opportunities and student life is very good. The education is challenging and fair.
I'm an international student at UBC and I really appreciate the diversity of the student body. We have students from almost everywhere in the world and they bring a very interesting perspective to life on campus and in the classroom.
The overall atmosphere feels right to me. Very welcoming, bright, and full of life. It is a place to challenge yourself and push your limits. It has all the resources a student needs to harness his/her ability and master their field if they so desire.
The University of British Columbia prides itself on its diverse and large student body. I have met so many people from different corners of the world. The campus life includes fun and exciting activities and opportunities, such as a surprise free Vance Joy concert in our courtyard. The University of British Columbia has presented so many academic and work opportunities that I don't think other schools can offer.
Overall I’ve really enjoyed the friendly, diverse community at this University. It’s been relatively easy to connect with people and make friends. Moreover, I love how clean and sustainable this university strives to be.
I like the beauty of the school and the amazing classes that are provided. I would like to see more food options on campus and better meal plans
The location of the school is amazing. There are so many different kinds of people to meet and a lot of really passionate and renowned professors.
Not the school for you if you prefer a sense of community and small classes. Benefits: high rate of diversity and beautiful campus.
From my experiences, the University of British Columbia was not only the right decision for me, but is also a school to recommend. The campus is located in between ocean and forests, allowing all students to come together and enjoy the peace and seclusion of nature. As many international students are found here, it is fascinating to come across all the different cultures, giving an interesting twist to class discussions. You are never alone as we like to stay connected, whether that is through being classmates, having common interest, or simply because we are all family and have pride in ourselves being students here.

One thing I would like to change about the University of British Columbia would be the expenses. Vancouver is known to be the most expensive city in Canada, making living costs pricey and harder for students here to afford schooling. Not only are tuitions rising every year, but food, school supplies and everything offered on campus come with high cost.
UBC is definitely a place to study and really focus on academics. The professors want you to do well, so they're very willing to help students or even just discuss interesting topics with them. The school has a lot of great programs & opportunities for students academically that can help them in their future careers, whether it's going to grad school or into the working world right after their undergrad. There are only two cons to UBC. It has proven to be very difficult to meet new people and make friends at this school. Nearly everyone I've talked to said they have struggled socially before, usually for most (if not all) of their first year. Eventually everyone makes good friends but it's not easy. Also the food on campus really isn't good, which is SO disappointing. The dining halls are terrible and the restaurants/cafes/other food venues on campus range from bad to okay/mediocre. But besides those two things, I am very happy here at UBC! Beautiful campus and great academics.
UBC has forever changed me for the better. I just completed my first year there as an international student (from S. California) and loved it in its entirety. UBC is consistently ranked within the top 30 universities worldwide (and top 3 in Canada) and this show in the academic rigor of the classes, and even more so in the sheer brilliance of the students who go there. What I personally found incredibly awesome about UBC is the fact that you're admitted to a faculty (Arts, Science, the Sauder School of Business) which means you don’t have to bother with GE classes as you would in the states and everything you take first year can be put towards your degree, even if you don't yet know your major. Vancouver is a downright incredible city to live in and I genuinely feel so lucky that I get to attend such an excellent university in such an amazing place! Call me biased, but I cannot emphasize enough how much I love and highly recommend UBC: 10/10, 100%!
The University of British Columbia is an incredible school. From the first day I arrived on campus up till today I have been impressed with UBC. The staff and students make me so proud to be part of UBC's community.
Start Your Review of University of British Columbia
The University of British Columbia is located on a point of the mainland that carves itself into the ocean. During a break from class you can walk through the rose gardens into a heavily wooded forest like area, its here you will likely find a path that will lead you to a steep and often busy wooden staircase. The bottom of which is an oasis, and literally a breath of fresh air - a sandy beach looking out to the north shore mountains with snow capped peaks. All year round you can find sun-bathers, young lovers, old professors and curious by-passers in awe of the beauty that UBC is set upon. This is the sure highlight of the campus aesthetic, it is absolutely stunning.
The University of British Columbia is an excellent school located in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. This university is top notch in education and you will certainly be challenged while attending. Lovely campus and pretty decent student housing.
The school has a great website called UBC CareersOnline that sets you up with many available job posting paid or internships, around the city check it regularly and you'll find something. The wages seem to range anywhere from 11 dollars and higher depending. I heard we have a very good alumni network that continues to help students but I'm about to be a sophomore (I usually stop listening after I hear alumni) so I don't know much about it. Also try to join groups focusing on your major/faculty as they will also try to set you up with job/interships often through email.