University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Reviews

I love UAPB, especially their nursing program. The instructors really attempt to do everything to help lead you and guide you in the right direction.
With University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff being a HBCU, there are multiple aspects that both aid and deter students from attending here. First, the area in which the school is located is not the best, but if you remain on campus and try not to venture out at night by yourself then you will be fine. Second, the student life on campus is high energy and fun. The school tries to host different events on campus in the Student Union for those who live on campus. Thirdly, this university has a family feel whether you are a student or faulty. I can proudly say I have truly come to love my HBCU with all the goods and the bads that comes along.
My Experience
This university is a wonderful place to further education. Never have I experienced a more intelligent field of study. Academics and athletics are from a variety of foreign professors who enjoy teaching and have a sensitive style of maturity. Dorms are well groomed and entertainment occurs on campus weekly, including party scenes. As far as safety goes, qualified police/security officers make sure the campus is protected from any disaster. The local area of the campus is located by a freeway which gives access to others coming from a different city than and enables students in Pine Bluff to have good distance between home and school for learning purposes. Food here is amazing because there are ten categories to choose from in the cafeteria that are fresh and healthy to eat. Students feel appreciated by the investments they receive after all of their hard work is done. So far this is my experience.
Review Your College
I'm having a great experience here at UAPB. The students and teachers make it an encouraging and fulfilling place to attend. The only thing I would change is the financial aid process. It's very slow and hard to get in touch with the people you need to talk too.
The university is pretty decent. As a student athlete I do extra work and it is not too bad. The academic part is not so difficult that it is hard to keep up or have to study for hours. The campus is continuously improving which is always a plus. Negatively, there are only a few thousand students here so the campus is fairly small and tight knit.
The athletic programs are all pretty good. The band is amazing. The school is very old school but it's a nice old school. The academics could be more tedious than they are. I feel like I am still in high school in regards to the learning curve.
My experience at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff has been extraordinary. I have learned a lot about myself and experienced things that I never would've experienced at home in Canada. As for the academic portion of my time at university, the programs I have taken have been lead by spectacular professors that understand the needs of their students.
I love my HBCU! butttttttttt..... It is a lot of problems with mold in the Plex ( Freshman dorms) Staff is very nice! j
A really great university. The staff are like family and they make sure you have what you need. They want you to succeed.
Visiting the campus of UAPB was really interesting. The reason being is that they had a lot of diversity in their student life. Also, their home coming was pretty nice on how they had it set up, even though the football team wasn't able to bring a win in on their home coming night
I have been at the University since 2012. I am currently a senior, planning to graduate in May 2017. My time here has been eventful. I have enjoyed being here. From the freshman experiences to now. I have grown not only as a student but as a person because of this university. I have learned so many things and I am glad I chose this university.
Overall it's okay to me.
I can't really describe it to be honest.
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
I personally feel safe on campus. We have officers present all around the campus.
So far the Greek Life is the best in my experiences.
It's not the best, but it'll will do.
Overall it's been okay for me. Just some bumps here and there, but all fine.
Review Your College
I've been at UAPB for a month now and it's the worst experience of my life. I live in harold complex fisher hall. The dorms are very unsanitary. We are living with roaches and other bugs. The bathrooms have mold. The school its self is unorganized. Financial services are always giving people the run around. Majority of the time the financial services employees doesn't know what they're talking about. I do not enjoy being at this school.
At the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, I've experienced a lot . I had to learn for my self that class was more of a responsibility and not something youi had to show up to . Going out and partying is not always fun. Especially when your barely getting by . I wish they would open more doors for students on campus like other schools do . It's a great environment and only positive vibes . UAPB Is really a family. Over a course of the summer, I lost my choir scholarship because of baseball . Now Im looking for money to pay for school because my family is not able to pay all that money . UAPB has not only changed me as a person but as a Black male figure in the city of Pine Bluff.
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff is a great school, I really do love it. This is a HBCU, but the rest of the student body is full of people from all over the world. This school is located in a small area that is some what in a country setting so it's not much to do are the city.As for the college it self, every week there is some event party or guess on campus. The dorms are not the best since they are kinda small but there is a new dorm for girls called the delta complex. Which is the best yet hardest dorm to get in due to how early the application are able to go in. From a sports point a view, you'll never be bored, even though one specific sport that they have could be better. Student life, professors, and party scenes are the most top notch things on campus. As for safety, I rate it a 9/10 because there are campus police that are around 24/7 making sure nothing happens so it's pretty safe. The food is pretty good, it's not your mothers home cooking but it's pretty good.