University of Arkansas - Fort Smith Reviews

I feel as though going to school here is like going to a slightly bigger high school. It's like pulling an arm and a leg to get help from financial aid and I have came to notice that a lot of the teachers that work here are either unfit for their jobs or very unorganized and cause a great deal of stress on top of all of your other classes. The only class I have enjoyed from this university was biology. They have a great selection of teachers and will help any student that is in need.
UAFS is actually a really good school. Most people think that just because it’s a smaller campus, that the teachers and facilities are bad. But they’re really not!
As a currently attending student, UAFS has been very excellent. The professors I've had have been understanding and caring and willing to work out any issues or problems. The food available is from a good selection. It's very interesting to get to know and meet people from other parts of the world!
Start Your Review of University of Arkansas - Fort Smith
I love the small campus size- it feels like you're at a private college, and you're almost always guaranteed parking. I also love the professors. They're super accessible. The one thing I'd like to change is some of our older buildings. They need to be renovated.
This school is very beautiful and is near many historic landmarks. I love the academics and teachers here at this school.
It us enjoyable to step away from home for awhile, and connect with people from around the country. A down side on most weekends most people go home so it can be difficult to find things to do on the weekends. The campus is easy to navigate and just the right size not too small and definitely not too large. Class sizes are good and the ability to actually interact with your professor is much more likely.
Most of the best professors don't stay long. That leaves ones who shouldn't be in that profession or newbies. Some good ones are still there.
Great experience. The advisors were very good with helping the students get scheduled for the classes that they needed. They were also easy to get in the office and talk with them.
The faculty and staff are friendly and go out of their way to help ensure that the students have all of the resources necessary to reach their full potential.
Fort smith is such a pretty campus. I'm really impressed with it and think its the best college in Arkansas and it has low student to faculty ratio. It's very beautiful and unique college and I want to go there cause its in my hometown plus its great education at a low cost.
What I like the most about my university is the people. Everyone is awesome and super nice. The professor will always help if you just ask and it will always be fun in class.
This college is in a nice location, there are not very many places to go and get distracted, allowing you more time to focus and study. The campus has a "Chik-fil-a," "pizza hut," "subway," and a nice dining area, a bit small now that it seems that more, and more students go there. There is also a "Starbucks," which I love.
It’s very peaceful and the falculty are really helpful. My first semester went great, met new people, made friends, there’s a lot of activities to do there, it makes a great college experience. Everyone there is friendly.
This university is a really good university. The dorms for the freshmen are close to the area where students can eat free meals. Personally, I love the food that is served in there most of the time and the workers are really nice. The apartments on campus tend to have their own issues like broken furniture and random blackouts, but overall I love living here. There are plenty of clubs that you can join and a convenient Starbucks for your morning fix. Despite the lack of stuff to do outside of class, there is plenty to do. Clubs, movies, games, relaxing naps on the Greens. You can join a church group and meet new people or you can play some Frisbee on the Greens to pass the time when its nice outside.
UAFS is perfect for those of us with a no-nonsense approach to earning a degree. While I was a "traditional" student, I transfered to UAFS my sophomore year for a more affordable education and therefore did not need the "college experience" at UAFS. I liked being able to go to class and leave without being bothered by 8,000 people trying to get me to participate in this event or that organization. I was free to complete my studies without the pressure of keeping up my appearance.Fort Smith isn't the most progressive town, nor is it the most interesting... but you can get a fairly good education if you are willing to put in some effort.
They have very few college majors and minors to choose from but overall is a good school if they have your major
UAFS is notoriously a lower-cost university, but the quality of the classes is still very good. The selection of degree plans could be affected by this, however they still have a wide selection. The office faculty is helpful and all of the advisors I have met are eager to help and willing to work with you as long as you speak up about what you want for your classes. It would be wise to find reviews of the professors before selecting a class as some of them are hit-and-miss, however UAFS does have some outstanding professors. Eating food on campus can be expensive however there are a variety of meal plans to help the students out.
Start Your Review of University of Arkansas - Fort Smith
It is a very modest but good university. It is affordable and has very pretty campus. The classes are small, so you feel more connected in the classroom and with the professors. Almost all of my professors seem to genuinely care about their students and whether they learn, and enjoy speaking with us. There are a few issues with the financial aid office, and our team spirit and student involvement is typically low. However, I feel I am receiving every opportunity available to help me in the future and to pursue a career.
The campus is absolutely beautiful and always well manicured. Its a smaller university with a good community feel. Everyone knows everyone and is friendly. The food is decent and they are continuously updating campus.
I love how this University is always trying to involve others into some kind of social event, and everyone is nice. I wish there was for help with non traditional students like free daycare or even filling out scholarships.