University of Alabama - Birmingham Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.127 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.127 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.124 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.151 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.192 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 96 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.91 responses
University of Alabama - Birmingham Reviews
I love UAB because you get to experience a world that is extremely diverse! While it is so different in many ways, you are able to bring your own uniqueness to UAB and become apart of their family. They encourage and accept all types of individuals in order to not only support the students attending the school, but support the future of the world. With UAB being able to accept and welcome such a diverse group of individuals it only benefits them more and continues to grow their success, because they learn from each other and grow with each other, making their goal to better society as one family.
Well I was a transfer student from Coastal Alabama. I’ve been wanted to attend UAB since high school, but my ACT scores were not acceptable. So I decided to go to a community college, at first, then transfer. Well two years later, I was accepted in Fall 2017. I love the diversity at UAB. The teachers are very helpful and friendly. The students are very fun to hang out with. There’s always something to do at UAB whether it’s a basketball, football, soccer game or maybe go for a swim in our indoor lazy river! But overall, my experience at UAB is excellent!
The University of Alabama in Birmingham has a beautiful campus and wonderful food options available! There is not a thing I would change about the University of Alabama in Birmingham! The University has a very safe and inviting campus as well as a vibrant student life. All of the student organizations are very welcoming to all new students and try to get them involved. The whole University is devoted towards academics and promotes good grades by providing important resources for the student body.