University at Buffalo, SUNY Reviews

2,586 reviews
If you like research it is a great research university. If you are preparing for a field outside of research the science staff pays less attention to you. The science classes are usually 200+ people unless you are in a lab.
Surrounding area a bit boring but a great experience overall. Dorming is expensive but you can find cheap living spaces around the university.
I loooooooooove this place!!!!!!! Maybe not the fanciest, but for what we pay it's a deal. I wouldn't want to anywhere else!
Start Your Review of University at Buffalo, SUNY
I love the academic aspects of this school and how many helpful resources there are provided by the school but at times it can feel difficult to build meaningful social relations. That can be changed by campus involvement.
I like how the university have a very large population of students. Everyday, you will see new people you never saw before. The advantage of this large community is that you can have a wide range of connection. The north campus is great because everything is close to each other. For the south, the buildings are pretty far from each other and there's no indoor pathway to avoid the brutal weather.
Being a computer science major, most of my classes are relatively large, but there are many chances to seek help. The campus also offers many clubs, but most of them are usually held towards the later hours, when it gets really cold.
I loved the campus. I felt welcomed ever since I stepped food on the campus in the fall of 2017. I went to the open house this past year and I loved seeing the facilities, especially the engineering buildings. They also have an awesome smoothy shop too.
It is a great school. I learned so much and met some amazing people. Definitely get involved on campus because there is so much that the university offers.
I LIKE THE CAMPUS. YOU CAN WALK FROM MY DORM TO ANY PART OF THE CAMPUS IN 5 TO 10 MINUTES. THE PROFESSORS KEEP YOU INFORMED DAILY THROUGH EMAIL SO EVEN IF YOU MISS CLASS YOU CAN STILL KEEP UP WITH THE WORK.
I love it here its very diverse and its such a huge school but the professors are so invested in their students. There is so much to do and get involved in around campus.
As a freshman in my second semester, UB has been very welcoming and conducive not only to get the grades, but also participate in a variety of club events, trips and STEM opportunities. Combined with a great tuition structure, UB is a very good choice of Uni.
I'm currently a student here and i love it. i love the atmosphere and all the different clubs and how a lot of the really do care about their students
Affordable tuition. They nickle and dime for housing and fees, but it is convenient to live on campus because parking can be a nightmare. Administration doesn't take students feedback seriously. Overall, a good school. It's very large, so there are many opportunities to join clubs and pursue different majors. Excellent graduate schools to continue your education after undergraduate. Diverse food selection, though vegans might have a hard time eating on campus.
At first I was overwhelmed by the size of the campus'. After a semester, the school became relatively easy to navigate. The professors offer a challenging curriculum. The university has many resources available for students.
I love the opportunities I am able to get here. However, it is not the school for you if you want connections with professors. You are merely a number in most classes.
An incredibly average college. You come in, pursue your degree, and get out. Who knows, you might make some friends along the way, but striving to be a friendly and outgoing person is all up to you.
I love the diversity of the campus and the differences in all the practices because it prepares us for the adult world.
Start Your Review of University at Buffalo, SUNY
I attended UB for both undergrad and grad. I had original plans to attend a different grad school, but absolutely loved the school so much that I stayed. I earned my doctoral degree in physical therapy and couldn't be more proud of my degree and the university that taught me so much academically and In life. Go bulls!
What I really liked about the University at Buffalo was the home-like feel. I was 8 hours away from home and I knew at UB there was always a way to connect to other like-minded students and build lasting friendships. The campus was big, and they are always remodeling to make the campus look new and updated. The academics were definitely challenging and vigorous, but I definitely feel better prepared in my academics compared to other students at other SUNY schools.
I would like to tell that university at buffalo is a great place for students who want to have a an academic experience overall.