United States Naval Academy is ...
American Athletic Conference
United States Naval Academy Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
SAT Scores Range
ACT Scores Range
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.17 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.15 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.15 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.15 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.22 responses
After United States Naval Academy
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.11 responses
Colleges like United States Naval Academy
- A-United States Air Force Academy
- 4 Year
- USAFA, CO
- 229 reviews
- AUnited States Military Academy at West Point
- 4 Year
- West Point, NY
- 267 reviews
- A+United States Coast Guard Academy
- 4 Year
- New London, CT
- 84 reviews
- AVirginia Military Institute
- 4 Year
- Lexington, VA
- 175 reviews
United States Naval Academy Reviews
Review United States Naval Academy
Navy is an extremely financially sound decision, as you're being paid to attend, you're being covered by military healthcare, and you're receiving countless other perks and free stuffs. While you won't pay a single dime, you are literally gambling as a 20 year old your life until you're at least 27! After sophomore year, Navy owns you. If you're caught not upholding their unrealistic standards, you're discharged with a bill for $250k! You don't even find out what your job will be until after you're contractually obligated to the military. If you didn't like you're first deployment and want to get out, that's tough luck. I'd advise you look up the declining junior officer retention rates to get an idea of how realistic the prospect is of you not enjoying your time in the military, and why having the option to quit is a luxury we're not afforded.
Love this place. Although it may suck some times, it is awesome. When compared to other academy's there is so much more to do with Baltimore and DC so close. Beat Army!
The Naval Academy is full of history and some of the most competent and motivated men and women in the country. The faculty consists of both military and civilian personnel, and provides multiple perspectives for the Midshipmen to learn from in their studies. While the daily schedule is demanding, the students learn to adjust and optimize their time.