United States Air Force Academy Reviews

USAFA has been a challenge. However, it's a challenge that I signed myself up for, and prepared myself for. I wouldn't change my decision to come here, go into the military, or prepare the way I did. The only thing I would change about the academy is the attitude of the people who go here, but as more and more qualified people apply, I believe the atmosphere here can become even better. Prepare yourself. Challenge yourself. It's worth it.
This school is far more than just a school. With stellar academic programs nationally ranked, one of the best military commissioning programs in the country, and dozens of unique teams, clubs, and aviation programs, this Academy offers the world to those willing to put in the effort.
The United States Air Force Academy is the best Air Force college I have been to. There are not that many parties and the school is very secure.
Start Your Review of United States Air Force Academy
This place pushes you to your absolute limits. Yes, you dont have to worry about student loans or getting a job post-graduation, but the daily military training and vigorous schedule is enough to put someone into a mental hospital. This place is not for everyone, that is !00% for sure. The good thing is that you are essentially forced to make friends as you go through basic training, and you must rely on those friends as you progress through the academic year. Nobody makes it through this place alone.
An amazing school...little freedom though. But, it has amazing opportunities with no cost. Post graduation, you will be debt free and ready to start your assigned job.
The United States Air Force Academy is a great academic and military institution. It is truly a place to learn and grow. Importantly, you get what you put into it.
Usafa is an amazing campus with exemplary people as well. Everyone is friendly, courteous, dedicated, and eager to learn. Usafa is the place to be if you want to challenge yourself and serve your country.
I have visited the Air Force Academy several times, and I have a few family members that went there. I have a very high overall opinion of the school.
I loved the discipline that was taught to all of the cadets. The cadets all having some sort of leadership position definitely prepares them for the real world once they commission in the Air Force.
When I applied here I thought it'd be a crazy challenge but you could get through it with the support of your fellow cadets. Freshman year was a crazy experience and it was more or less what I expected. As a sophomore / junior it has been extremely lack luster. Everyone gets 5-6 hours of sleep, there isn't much camaraderie, and people just stay in their rooms all day because you have so much homework to do. There isn't nearly as much true military training or opportunities to improve leadership and social skills because it's just hazing the freshmen and doing hours of homework / going to the gym to prepare for fitness tests.

Great place for a rigorous academic experience, and a great place to be from, but there is so much cynicism and negativity it's a pretty horrible place to be at.
The Academy was incredibly challenging but worth it. I learned so much about myself during my time there and came out with no debt and a job.
Pretty average, feels like high school
Vandy is better than Sijanistan
This place is full of back-stabbers.
Every cadet is guaranteed a job after graduation. The job may not be what you wanted originally, but the career opportunities both in and out of the military are way above average compared to other schools.
Some people love this school and others can't stand it, it really depends on the individual. The opportunities are amazing, and the chance to serve your country is as well.
IDs are required to enter the immediate campus area. Assaults are a problem on the campus. Maybe not as much as other schools, but it is still a problem here, especially outside of the immediate area and in the dorms. The school does a lot to prevent sexual assaults and works with the victims well.
Start Your Review of United States Air Force Academy
Intramurals are required for all cadets one round per semester. Football is the biggest sport on campus, and they play well. It is also required to attend all football home games. The athletic facilities are amazing, all games and gyms are free and have pretty much everything you could want. Working out is a big part of the school culture.
This school isn't for everyone; seriously. You cannot overlook any part of this school when applying, to include academics, athletics, and military aptitude. The school allows for opportunities you won't find anywhere else, but they must be earned.
We're on a military base so safety is not an issue at all. Safety and all this stuff is of no issue at all