Union College - New York Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.32 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.30 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.30 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.43 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.43 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.20 responses
Union College - New York Reviews
Review Continued: The social scene is Greek dominated; the Minerva system is an absolute joke. Parties are moving off campus. The administration is cracking down on Greek life HARD! On campus parties are no longer the same, and are pretty much used as pre games for the off campus parties, Wednesdays nights are practically nonexistent compared to what it was when I was a freshman thanks to the cops and administration (more of a small gathering night for upperclassmen), and Thursday AD dinner parties (which is a frat known for hosting the spot to be on a Thursday night) no longer exist due to the administration. Spring term at Union is still pretty lit though, given that we have ReUnion weekend, Lobster Fest, and Spring Fest. The social scene for the most part, given that Greek life makes up 70% of the student body (Union butchers this statistic as it includes freshman, even though you can't pledge until sophomore year) is getting blackout and going to an off campus party nowadays.
Union College has been a great time for me so far! I only wish that the admissions office had been more honest about a few things, such as the Minerva House System and Greek Life. The admissions office downplays campus involvement in Greek Life and really emphasizes it in the Minerva Houses. However, once you make it to campus, you realize that it is the exact opposite. It can be very disappointing if you aren't already prepared for it. Everything else at Union has been great though! I absolutely recommend that everybody apply and attend if accepted!
Gorgeous campus! I love the small school feel and the tiny classes (my largest class has been about 30 students for Chemistry 101). Professors have all been incredibly friendly and available to students at any convenient time, as well as highly qualified and knowledgeable. I love hanging out with friends, but party life at Union focuses mostly around Greek like, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Athletics are competitive, and there is absolutely nothing more fun than hockey games, a highlight of the winter for me.