Umpqua Community College Reviews

The professors are nice, and there is an emphasis on learning and success, rather than just on grades. The faculty is helpful. Just walk into any of the centers and ask for help, and you will get it. There are a lot of services that most people (including me) don't really know about. I would like to see more math classes offered at UCC like vector calculus 2. Perhaps even a math degree. They currently don't have a math degree
I will be starting at Umpqua Uommunity College this spring. When I went up there to talk to them about it they were all very nice and helpful. They told me if I needed help to just call them and many of them gave me their card. There was only one lady who I didn't like who works at the front desk. I know a lot of people who say they don't want to go to a community collage, but I think that if you were going to start at one this would be the place to go even though I haven't started there myself yet. Also, if you have questions, they will do their best to look into it for you until you get your answer. I just hope that you have as good of a experience with them as I did.
Umpqua Community College is a very tight nit community. After the shooting people seem to have come together and gotten a lot kinder. The classes fit very well together and the campus is easy to navigate. Most of the professors are kind and good at explaining their topic.
Start Your Review of Umpqua Community College
Excellent. Small campus with friendly staff. Great amount of resources available. They offer many transfer programs which is amazing. They also have a good nursing and dentistry programs that local people can enroll in. Fairly cheap per credit as well. Most of the budgeted money is handled appropriately.
I have really enjoyed studying at Umpqua Community College. The teachers are very helpful and classes are small enough that there is time to talk to instructors and ask questions. I have also benefited from online classes through UCC and appreciated that the instructors were easy to contact and that I could even go to campus for help when needed.
I love how beautiful the campus is, it helps create a relaxed atmosphere! I also love how easy it is to find places to study both indoors and outdoors! I also like how involved everyone is in campus events, and how easy it is to communicate with other students and employees. Something else that is nice is the laid back friendly vibe you get from employees that makes it easy to talk and get help or advice from them!
A very pleasant college with fantastic, helpful staff and professors and a nice and safe environment.
Umpqua Community College it tucked away in southern Oregon and is an outdoor enthusiasts dream. The school offers outstanding teachers that are always willing to help.
UCC has a beautiful campus in rural Roseburg, Oregon overlooking the Umpqua River.
My instructors have either Doctorate degrees or have worked as professionals in the field for decades. All of the instructors are eager to help their students succeed, are friendly, and approachable. The courses are challenging, but my instructors always had time during their office hours to talk with me and were fair with their grading.
I started at UCC anxious and unsure of my abilities. Now, I feel confident in myself. I was able to accomplish this with the support of an awesome college community and a lot of hard work. This is a safe place to try new things, stretch ourselves.
I began an internship with a local non-profit earning college credits and using my work study grant. I've been there for more than a year and I love it. I never would have had that opportunity had I not attended UCC. This has been the best decision and one of the greatest experiences of my life.
My experience at Umpqua Community College was definitely a great journey. I am a sophomore attending UCC and will be graduating in a week with an Associate's Degree. I am an athlete as UCC but still believe that our athletic program could expand more and get more help and support by the community. Besides sports UCC has one of the most beautiful campuses you'll ever see, surrounded by trees and nature. Another good quality at UCC is the professors are very helpful with working one on one with you helping you understand the material. The only change that I would like to see is more diversity around campus.
Great local school, however tuition is far more pricey than many other schools in the state. It offers many medical profession programs
The professors for the most part are all great. The support staff though is a pain, especially in Financial aid.
It is a small, rural community college. I have found it to have one of the best nursing programs in the state. We have a brand new clinical/science building with all new simulation lab equipment. I feel supported since the tragedy school shooting in 2015. Campus is a community of people, supporting and healing with one another.
The nursing program has a set schedule. The program is hard and requires a lot of time, but the schedule is known so students can plan their life accordingly.
Our nursing program enrolled us in two hybrid classes. We had online lecture with the teacher every friday and met in person once a month. It worked out great.
The professors of the nursing program are very passionate about the healthcare field. They all have experience and share there personal stories to prepare us for the future.
This program allows students to graduate with an associates level RN degree and then has a bridge program through OHSU with guaranteed acceptance to complete your bachelors degree online or in a classroom setting.
Start Your Review of Umpqua Community College
The nursing program is tough, but prepares you for the career. The program is extremely time consuming, the curriculum is appropriate, the facilities provided are fantastic, and their are many job opportunities.
I have been accepted into the nursing program and have completed my first year. I have one year to go before I graduate as an RN. The program is amazing and trains you to be the best possible nurse. The school has hook ups with local resources to help us expand our knowledge and become familiar with the county.
I have not started the nursing program quite yet, but I intend to apply this coming Winter term. I have prepared myself by taking almost all of my needed prerequisites and I have found the classes interesting and a new learning experience that will not only help me in my future career but also help me in my future with everyday needs.