Tulane University Reviews

1,441 reviews
Tulane has excellent professors with great course variation and small class sizes. The school is also geographically diverse with the average student traveling about 2,000 miles to attend Tulane. New Orleans is a beautiful place and the campus is breathtaking.
Classes are great and there is a wide range of professor and class types. The campus climate regarding sexual assault and harassment needs to be drastically altered and improved to provide a safer campus to all of Tulane's community.
Tulane U has been a fantastic developmental experience for me. I have learned so much about others as well as about myself.
Start Your Review of Tulane University
Absolutely amazing college. There is something for everyone. Real potential here for a truly transformative experience. New campaign also has potential to turn it into a top 10 school
Tulane University is an awesome school. I love the fact that I have the chance to take classes across multiple disciplines, and the emphasis on educating the whole person. The focus on public service is truly amazing, and there are a variety of opportunities to get involved with the community. The location is also a huge plus, because New Orleans is a city that is very fun to live in, and the culture is so rich. I love it at Tulane!
I like how close it is to the city. I like the people and fun, party scene. I also like that it is still very academic and everyone I know tries hard and studies and cares. It has a good balance.
Disconnect between honors and non honors students. Also, hard to find non-party night alternatives. Fun atmosphere and good classes, but hard to get classes you want. Dorms are ok. Close to City, which is nice.
Tulane is a good school for students who have a lot of money. It’s expensive, and is not worth all the money, but it’s a fun time and the teachers seem to care about students. Getting involved on campus is easy and finding a group of friends is rewarding.
Love the campus, classes and overall experience. Multicultural environment and community service is great. Navigating financial aid has been difficult. The meal plan can be an unnecessary burden.
I love the vibrant student body at Tulane. I felt very welcome as soon as I stepped on campus and overall, my first semester there was great. The one thing I would change would be the party culture, especially since I don't like to participate in that sort of activity. If there were less alcohol, I would feel more comfortable.
Tulane is more than the party school that it is known for. The professors are all invested in the achievements of their students, actively creating new office hours for those who need additional help. The quads and LBC are beautifully designed and energy and space efficient. The staff are all helpful and patient.

I've never felt unsafe while on campus. There is always security biking and driving around, and I know that all residence halls have a security guard at the front desk.

I do agree with some of the other reviewers - this is a work hard, play hard type of school. Somehow, students do internships, have jobs, volunteer in the community, do well in their classes, socialize, party, exercise, and plan their future. The skills I've learned from the people at this school will certainly help me in my life.
While I have enjoyed my time here, I do believe there are areas that need to make greater strides within the university, in terms of diversity and professor connection to students. Many of my professors have made it clear that research is their primary focus, and they won't show up to office hours or be responsive to students reaching out.
I loved the campus, it was beautiful and a place you could really feel at home at. I also love how diverse the education is, you can study almost anything at Tulane. I personally am applying for Forensics, but they have such a wide array of majors alongside minors. The sports team isn't too bad either!
Really fun school with great academics, but I wish there were more majors. Professors are all really easy to talk to, and the campus is in a beautiful part of the city.
Tulane University has a beautiful campus that is easy to fall in love with in a city that is even easier to love. Greek life is a big part of the social scene, which heavily relies on drinking, but having a late rush makes it so people are able to make friends outside of that system. The pre-med classes were much harder than I anticipated, partially because of the professors and the large class size. Upper level science classes are much easier to manage while the information is more engaging and the professors are more available. The administration is not always transparent, even though they claim to be, but it is very apparent they care for their students.
Great atmosphere , many activities, community service, brilliant professors, excellent advisors, love my major of neuro science !so many celebrations and resources . Beautiful campus
If you can get over the tuition and the lack of diversity, this is a great school that is improving.
Start Your Review of Tulane University
Tulane University was the most wonderful decision we have ever made. Tulane includes the entire family in the experience. New Orleans is the most welcoming place we have ever been. My daughter graduated in May of 2016 with a Double Major Bachelors, with such joy and a great job waiting for her. Roll Wave!
Tulane is a wonderful school where anyone from anywhere is readily welcomed and adds to the uniqueness of the university.
Much of my life has revolved around Tulane, and I am currently taking classes there as a high school student. The amount of resources Tulane has to offer are astounding, and while I'm not sure if I will attend next year, a Tulane education would serve anyone well. Like any school, the Tulane experience seems to me whatever you make of it; some people try hard and do well, and others simply like to party. But overall, most Tulane students tend to work hard. After all, the admissions rate and tuition are steep.