Tulane University Reviews

1,456 reviews
Professors here are excellent and the learning environment is very good. I have always felt safe on campus - it is well lit and the police patrol quite often.
So far, this place has been better than anything I could imagine or expect in a college experience. It's my summer going into sophomore year and I just can't wait to get back to school. There is a crowd for everyone, a major for everyone (except if you're in math), incredible staff, and a beautiful campus. Oh, and it's a f******* blast.
Tulane University gave me the best freshman year I could've imagined. The university offers incredible professors and courses that allow you to test out your interests and explore them without being forced to commit to an area before you know you are sure. More than that, the social atmosphere is inviting and offers friends and groups for every kind of person. The city of New Orleans provides an amazing cultural and diverse setting for whatever you want to pursue.
Start Your Review of Tulane University
Tulane is an amazing school and the location makes it prime. It's close enough to New Orleans to be able to experience the city but far enough for it to be safe. Only issues is that a lot of the facilities (housing) are disgusting, but Tulane is currently working to fix that.
It is very lively and you will definitely have a good time. There are always things to do and New Orleans is just a fascinating city in general. That being said, the academics are still pretty difficult, so make sure you do not get too carried away with everything.
Tulane University is a wonderful school but it does have flaws. It is definitely a school on the rise with great academics and does not fit into the so called "party school" ranking. Dorms and food honestly should be better but student life is great and most classes are really great with teachers that care!
The knowledge of the professor in subject matter is very deep. The school value education very highly to meet each individual student needs to be successful in the classroom and beyond.
I was unable to personally visit any of the schools I was accepted to, and I came to Tulane primarily based on the great financial aid offered to me. I didn't like the school as much in the beginning but it has slowly grew on me. I felt that the majority of students are affluent and I struggled to keep up, but you eventually find a your group that is best for you. The school is in a great area and offers so much to do on campus and throughout the city of New Orleans. The school is getting better and better every year and I think there is a significant culture shift going underway currently concerning the party culture.
There's just something different. People are happy, not tired and grumpy like they were at other universities I've attended. The teachers and other staff genuinely care. I love it.
I love the Classics department. I think that a lot of their classes are challenging. I think that the school does a miserable job with acknowledging and helping chronically mentally ill students.
I love Tulane! It certainly is a big party school. Im sure there are other colleges that have bigger parties, but I think what makes Tulane such a party school is the frequency of going out. Typically people go out tuesday-saturday and most people come here knowing its a big party school, so everyone is always down to go out. Also greek life is pretty big here too. The frats are super fun and the sororities are very much tiered.
Tulane was overwhelming at first, but the location, professors, and relaxed nature of the university eventually won me over. I'm a southern girl who loves the outdoors and doesn't want to party every night of the weekend, so it was initially hard for me to find people with similar personalities to mine. The beauty of this initial struggle is that I was forced to get involved in several clubs and now have friends from all different perspectives and backgrounds. I love that at Tulane you aren't confined to a particular college, and are actually encouraged to study across various disciplines. Tulane is what you make of it, and if you take advantage of the many opportunities (many students don't know or care about the many scholarships, grants, and research possibilities at Tulane) you will certainly enjoy a fine four years at this beautiful school. Plus, the surrounding uptown area is super quirky and green with tons of restaurant choices. I love it.
Tulane is a wonderful college that has the perfect balance of rigorous academics and fun. Being in the heart of New Orleans offers a cultural experience like none other and the learning continues outside of the classroom. When a break is needed there's always a festival (French Quarter Fest, Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, Voodoo Fest, Po-Boy Fest). The faculty really cares about student well being and feedback is translated to real change in the university.
I like my major and my faculty within my major. The school is great overall, but needs to allocate more funding to science and research. Plus, a lot of students are entitled and sometimes all people care about is partying.
Tulane while very homogeneous has a great community of students who want to work hard but also let loose.
Very fun school with good academics. Definitely get what you put into your academics. You could skip every class and pass with low grades or you could attend and learn a lot.
Tulane has excellent professors with great course variation and small class sizes. The school is also geographically diverse with the average student traveling about 2,000 miles to attend Tulane. New Orleans is a beautiful place and the campus is breathtaking.
Start Your Review of Tulane University
Classes are great and there is a wide range of professor and class types. The campus climate regarding sexual assault and harassment needs to be drastically altered and improved to provide a safer campus to all of Tulane's community.
Tulane U has been a fantastic developmental experience for me. I have learned so much about others as well as about myself.
Absolutely amazing college. There is something for everyone. Real potential here for a truly transformative experience. New campaign also has potential to turn it into a top 10 school