Tulane University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.93 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.99 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.99 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.126 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.139 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.53 responses
Tulane University Reviews
I love Tulane! It certainly is a big party school. Im sure there are other colleges that have bigger parties, but I think what makes Tulane such a party school is the frequency of going out. Typically people go out tuesday-saturday and most people come here knowing its a big party school, so everyone is always down to go out. Also greek life is pretty big here too. The frats are super fun and the sororities are very much tiered.
Tulane University is an awesome school. I love the fact that I have the chance to take classes across multiple disciplines, and the emphasis on educating the whole person. The focus on public service is truly amazing, and there are a variety of opportunities to get involved with the community. The location is also a huge plus, because New Orleans is a city that is very fun to live in, and the culture is so rich. I love it at Tulane!
Tulane is an incredibly amazing place. It takes a certain person to fall in love with it. Everyone here seems to do everything- acing a test, going to an internship, working on a nonprofit project, then spending the entire night at a party or listening to music downtown, only to wake up early the next morning to run in the park or play on a sports team. You have to be excited and motivated by this high-speed lifestyle, as opposed to stressed or overwhelmed. People do it all- and well. It is a happy and dynamic student body, who is certainly going places. Most importantly, they are interested and passionate. The city is absolutely amazing... you can find anything there, especially when it comes to music! Academics are very strong, teachers, for the most part, push students very hard but positively reward hard work! Caliber differs by department for sure- with political science, English, and foreign language incredibly strong, and math less so. Unfortunately, Bruff (dining hall) sucks.