Tufts University Reviews

I tried to eat egg. Egg didn't eat well. I couldn't find egg after. Conclusion: Tufts doesn't have egg
Tufts is an institution meant to glorify white liberal ideology while paying no attention to marginalized students or its employees. Faculty and staff express concerns over working conditions and lack of basic dignity. Students are extremely white and rich, very difficult to be a person of color and low income. Some of the faculty and staff are amazing, but they are not given the intellectual and emotional support to truly thrive thus leading to burnout. Awful police department that is overly militarized, has semi-automatic rifles, and the head of the police was trained by Israeli military. Need-aware school, so literally stacks the deck in favor of wealthy students who can pay full price. Terrible management of facilities, preferring flashy buildings over necessary repairs. One positive, the students are not overly competitive with each other; everyone has high expectations for their own grades, but is willing to help others. Staff are amazingly kind.
I'm a current sophomore at Tufts. The students here are some of the most intelligent, interesting, and compassionate people I have had the privilege of meeting. Moreover, they are all so down to earth. The professors here are wonderful, the attention on individual students is incredible, and the overall student life experience has been a great fit for me. This university is best for someone who is politically/civically engaged, passionate about what they study, and seeking a community that will foster those interests.
Start Your Review of Tufts University
When I started at Tufts I knew it was the place for me, and four years later I can proudly say it is my favorite place on this planet. The teachers are campus are great, but the students are what make the school truly amazing.
I'm a current Tufts 1+4 Fellow. I took a bridge year to learn Spanish, experience a different country and culture, and give back to the international community. After graduating high school and before beginning university I spent a year in Cuenca, Ecuador. I lived with a wonderful host family and volunteered with two different local organizations, a government branch and a tech startup. The 1+4 Program is unique because Tufts covers all costs for students on financial aid. Thank you Tufts!
Amazing school. Great people and academics especially for international relations. Other good things are premed bio chemical biology
Tufts is everything I wanted in college. Stimulating academics, diverse and compassionate student body, a beautiful campus and professors that do whatever it takes to teach and inspIre growth and learning.
Meh place. Academics are standard,ok, can't say courses are inspiring. Not as exciting or as lively as large universities. I can't say I'm excited when I return after breaks. When I tell people I go to Tufts, people from Northeast may have heard of it and say it's a good school but others may not have even heard of it.
Tufts offers a great diverse community of students and faculty. Tufts allows students to engage in one to one conversations with professors, allowing them to start expanding or building their network.
I absolutely love it here. Tufts is the place for you if you're not conservative and are looking for a well-recognized university without the cutthroat atmosphere of an ivy league. The people here are so genuinely kind and fascinated by the world around them; no one cares what anyone else's grades are, and you're much more likely to have a conversation about why standardized tests are philosophically atrocious than about what your standardized test scores were. Almost everyone here is a nerd, whether it be for science, theater, anime, or all of the above/anything in between.

If you are socially conservative (I am repeating this for emphasis) or care a ton about sports, you probably won't have a great time here. 90% of the school still doesn't know if we won the homecoming game, and that's exactly why I like it. Being openly socially conservative is, for better or for worse, like committing social suicide.
Tufts offers many special programs such as the Time Management & Study Skills one. A student can receive support for how to better study, how to take better notes, etc. all for free. I think this demonstrates how Tufts often goes the "extra mile" for its students.
It is a very good school, definitely focuses on academics. That being said, as a division 3 school, the athletics are more influential than I had thought they would be. Although, the party scene truly is whatever you make of it. If you want to go out often, you can, but there are plenty of other opportunities and events. That theme can be observed across many aspects of tufts. From academics to food there are people with similar beliefs and customs at all times. Most importantly, Tufts is very supportive of all beliefs, practices, and backgrounds.
I've found that the Professors at Tufts are, normally, extremely approachable and care about the success of their students. That being said, they do not give students answers when they ask for help, instead choosing to teach the students how to find the answer on their own, which I feel is more beneficial to the long-term success of the student.
Tufts is an incredible university. The academic level of the university is known to be very high and it owns up to that reputation. With that said, something that separates Tufts from other universities is how incredible the school spirit is. Everyone can find common ground in their love of the university. We have many diverse clubs and programs and anyone can find a place to shine.
Tufts has great academics. Davis is a cool area with plenty of young people and food. It's just too bad that it's such an expensive school and therefore has quite the population of privileged students.
I really love Tufts! Everyone here is super nice and interesting. I have met so many people from all over here. Although I will say that there are a ton of people from the Bay Area, NYC, Westchester, and Massachusetts.
Excellent over all experience. Great teachers, great classes, fun clubs and sports, and extremely intelligent and passionate student body.
Food is great. Super fun clubs and groups to get involved with.

Unfortunately, it is not an Ivy League.
Start Your Review of Tufts University
The environment is really nice; their student body is very unique; their faculty members are disposed to help. I loved Tufts ever since my 1st visit to its campus.
Beautiful Campus in a nice Boston suburb, professors are very knowledgeable and very approachable. Food also looks great and they have many healthy options.
I toured there and I felt at home. The campus is very pretty and the city is just a subway or bus ride away.