Trine University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.30 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.31 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.31 responses
Most Popular Majors
Mechanical Engineering45 Graduates
Drafting and Design Engineering Technician (CAD/CADD)34 Graduates
Civil Engineering32 Graduates
Business Administration and Management28 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration28 Graduates
Chemical Engineering20 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science20 Graduates
Sport and Fitness Management16 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.44 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.56 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.25 responses
Colleges like Trine University
- C+Indiana Institute of Technology
- 4 Year
- Fort Wayne, IN
- 497 reviews
- ARose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- 4 Year
- Terre Haute, IN
- 379 reviews
- B-Indiana University-Purdue University - Fort Wayne
- 4 Year
- Fort Wayne, IN
- 1,124 reviews
- B-Grace College & Seminary
- 4 Year
- Winona Lake, IN
- 490 reviews
Trine University Reviews
This past year at Trine University I have become very close to all the people I have met. It is a great place to meet new people and to get involved. There are plenty of things to do at Trine. Some which include, participating in a sport, band, attending concerts or a sporting event, going to all of the fun activities throughout the year hosted by all of the different clubs, and much more. You'll always know what's going on around campus as well! They are great at advertising events! It's very easy to talk with professors too! Whether you need help or just want some clarification, just ask! I have loved every minute at Trine and I'm super excited to see what the next few years bring!
Residences. Not enough rooms for everybody and not many common rooms. And they were not prepared for so many students. But everything else, I couldn't ask for better. All of my professors enjoy what they are doing, want to help, and I have a lot of opportunities to get involved with organizations, the campus, community and employers!
Very safe and friendly. Greek life here is different from anywhere else I have been; no one judges you for not being Greek and if you are Greek you aren't usually stuck up or rude. Professors are genuinely concerned when you don't show up to class. The dorms are like hotels all with private baths and controllable AC (except traditional styles). Housing off campus (save for Greek life) is super expensive and really not worth it for the condition they're in. Would definitely recommend staying on campus and upgrading to the Villas as an upperclassmen. The food is good at first, but gets boring after awhile try to downgrade to a lower meal plan. There is a party scene, but it manages to be fun and safe. Math department isn't great but the engineering, chemistry, physical therapy and business departments are all great programs. Would not recommend liberal arts majors.