Transylvania University Reviews

I love it here. The atmosphere of being in a big city but still feeling like you matter and have a purpose. All the one on one help from your professors really helps you understand the material better.
the campus and dorms are the most modern, clean and spacious I have ever seen. very updated and nice
Just don’t go here. If you’re not in Greek life it’s not even worth it. Even with my scholarship it’s not worth the almost 0 dollars I’m paying. Teachers grade tough, limited resources, no technology, on campus housing stinks, the administration is whack. Honestly kind of ruined my life. The food is tragic, like eating dog food. The campus is located in the middle of a food desert. There are parties but the personalities of most students are mundane, and they lack depth. It is located in kind of the ghetto. Freshman dorms were moldy and gross. Some of The teachers are nice. It is so undiverse. Everyone wants to transfer. Even if you’re extremely smart and hardworking it’s almost impossible to get As. Can’t find an internship. The teachers don’t really help. Ugh
Start Your Review of Transylvania University
Academically challenging. Small classes allow professors to help you when needed. No need to make an advanced appointment, professors always have time to assist students. Students care about each other and everyone is extremely nice and welcoming. Lexington is a beautiful city, architecture and history make this city very special. Fun campus and community events are always available. Transy is A+
Definitely will recommend this University.
This school isn’t very diverse which kind of sucks when you’re a person of color , living down south . At times it can feel like the odds are against you . One thing that can change is the student life .
Transylvania is a fantastic school! Transy combines the best features of a college; a small, inclusive campus surrounded by a thriving city full of opportunities. You'll never be short on people who will care about you and your academic and professional success.
I’ve loved my experience at Transy!! The professors are so helpful and care about your success! I’ve been challenged in ways that I wouldn’t at a large university. I know I’ll be prepared after graduation!! I love the location, especially for the food and the opportunities for internships within walking distance.

I do wish that the food options were a little better, but they’ve improved some over the last year!
I have absolutely loved my time here at Transy! We have all new dorms and new technology in the academic buildings. The professors are great and I love having the small community campus feel in an urban setting. I get the best of both worlds here at Transy!
I loved everything about this school. It had great diversity as well as many options for campus clubs and activities. The courses are challenging but enjoyable. The teachers are some of the most passionate people.
I love Transylvania University. The classes are challenging, but it definitely pays off when you graduate. One thing I think they could work on is dining options; there aren't a ton. However, they are building a brand new campus center, so maybe this will improve. The Transy community is very unique as well. There are only about 1,200 students, so unlike larger schools, I never walk to class without seeing several of my friends. The campus is beautiful, both the academic side and the residential side (the campus is split down the middle by a road). In addition, the social aspect here is good as well. There are lots of people to talk to and it is easy to make friends.
The professors truly care and invest their time and energies into students. I receive eager one-on-one assistance in academics, and socially, Transylvania's faculty, staff, and students are some of the best people I've ever met.
Transy has turned me into a prepared well-rounded student. I have loved getting to know all the great professors and making relationships and professional connections. I always felt that the school was inviting and a great place to get an education. I couldn't imagine going to school anywhere else.
Extremely friendly and attentive admissions team, cozy campus, traditional education feel; the perfect place to build lifelong relationships, both personal and professional.
I like the small community feel of Transylvania even though it is in a big city. The professors are great and they are willing to help you any time that you need it. You can really tell that all of the faculty and staff care about the students and this Transy community.
Students here are incredible, hardworking, and intelligent. Transy will push you academically. Faculty and staff bend over backwards to meet the needs of students. Lex is an amazing city - great dining & entertainment in just a 5-10 min walk of campus. New dorms are top-notch. While you should be smart when in certain areas, Lex is still significantly safer than any city I've worked. I never hesitate to be on or around campus day or night.
This is not the place where I feel like I'm at home. I didn't like the feeling I had on campus and it was harder to be myself where I didn't fit in. Academically I didn't do as well and only two of my classes counted toward my gpa.
Have an excellent outreach and community involvement along with fantastic communication. Every one is very compassionate and sincerely cares about preparing you for a successful future
Start Your Review of Transylvania University
Accepting DACA students but allowing others to rally around and bully them in light of DACA being taken away? This university is garbage. If they can't stand up for their own students when they are preyed upon by other racist, hateful individuals, what kind of learning institute is this?
Small classes, personalized learning experiences, and numerous opportunities to enrich your university experience.
Academically, Transy will teach you things that you probably wouldn't learn anywhere else. The social life is different, the population is about less than half of the population of my old high school. Overall, it is a very nice experience.