Transylvania University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Calvinist/Reformed
NCAA Division III (without football)
Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference
Transylvania University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.28 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.22 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.22 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.26 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.28 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.16 responses
Transylvania University Reviews
I absolutely love this university. Many classes are discussion-based, making them very engaging. Campus is small & it only takes about 5 minutes to walk to class from most dorms. Lexington is a wonderful place to be, although pretty unsafe, which leads me to say that the safety on campus could improve, but that will likely happen soon as a result of an attack that occurred earlier this year. Dining locations on campus currently have unusual hours & sometimes students find that they want food when dining locations are closed, but Lexington as a whole has several nearby restaurants students can order from with their own money. Also, many cheaper housing options were closed down for next year so students will live in the brand-new dorms, which makes it harder for students to find affordable housing. Overall, though, I'd recommend this university to anyone who wants to go to a smaller school and/or live in a bigger city, and especially to artists because Lexington is a very artistic city.
Students here are incredible, hardworking, and intelligent. Transy will push you academically. Faculty and staff bend over backwards to meet the needs of students. Lex is an amazing city - great dining & entertainment in just a 5-10 min walk of campus. New dorms are top-notch. While you should be smart when in certain areas, Lex is still significantly safer than any city I've worked. I never hesitate to be on or around campus day or night.
The professors truly care and invest their time and energies into students. I receive eager one-on-one assistance in academics, and socially, Transylvania's faculty, staff, and students are some of the best people I've ever met.