Tougaloo College Reviews

Online has been great throughout these last months. Teachers understand the current situation so they’re lenient but as long as you’re learning and doing your work you are great.
It’s a great school. The classes aren’t as big which gives you and your teacher to get to know each other better, the students are nice so it’s easy to make friends, and overall the school is cheap which is a plus for those who aren’t as financially stable.
My time at the illustrious and tenacious Tougaloo College has been nothing shy of amazing. Don’t get me wrong, it hasn’t always been glitter and cupcakes. However, every school has it faults. At Tougaloo College the faults are immensely overshadowed by the unmatchable grace and honor that comes with being an eaglet. We soar high and aim higher. The staff and faculty provide a sense of belonging that could be impossible to receive at another college/university. The students on campus are family and we treat each other with respect and act as if we’ve known each other our whole lives. No place is 100% perfect but the atmosphere at Tougaloo is sure to leave a lasting impression on those who are to experience the campus. Tougaloo College was my first choice and I’m super glad that I chose to attend one of the best HBCUs in the country. We aren’t just a school or a campus of friendly people; we’re a family.
Start Your Review of Tougaloo College
Though these times have shown difficulty in adjustment for everyone involved, the college has done nothing but try to provide its best solutions and accommodations to its student body. Teachers are super understanding of student’s needs and situations and its easy to compromise if necessary. The fellow students help each other as well with adjustment and classwork. The SGA are a group of devoted and intelligent individuals that do their best to extend themselves to the student body during these times. Even if that means extending beyond the duties of the positions they’re holding.
The atmosphere is so warm and family orientated. The academics are excellent. The success rate of the students are very high.
I’m still a student at this college. The school is small and for people that doesn’t like a huge campus. The campus is historical as well as it’s infrastructures. There are great professors in the Mathematics and Computer Science department. The college is good overall but could be better and more welcoming to students of different cultural backgrounds.
Tougaloo College is one of the oldest HBCU’s in Mississippi. It is very high on education and because it is so small, the professor and student relationship is at an all time high. Everyone knows everyone which makes the student life very fun and seems like you are never alone on campus. Athletics is very important to us as we highly support our student athletes and professors are very understanding of the away games. I feel very at home at the college and I would try my hardest to convince someone to attend.
I love the love that each of the sorority have for each other. The classrooms are nice and clean. The advisors are good helpers. The food on the campus is great. What I would like to change is the care they have for the dorms. They're not really up to date or clean in the inside.
The food is not that great but the professors make up that. They are supportive and wants students to achieve and excel, putting in work while being readily available if a student needs extra help with comprehension.
I love Tougaloo. It’s like a big family. Everybody knows everybody. The class sizes are small so it’s better to learn in a small environment.
I have an Ok time at Tougaloo. They could update their residential life. Recruit more for sports and better their cafeteria.
Tougaloo College is a well honorable school. It's an HBCU ( Historical Black College or University). The staff at Tougaloo College care about the work space of their student, to make sure we all have healthy, bright and long lasting futures and careers.
Tougaloo has a lot to offer academically. I was very impressed during the summer science program I attended in 2017. My greatest accomplishment was my ability to be the student during the summer science program to receive the overall student achievement. Not only was I surprised, I was absolutely elated. I value the academic challenge Toygaloo offers. Tougaloo is a private historic kept secret and many people are not aware of the opportunity that this great HBC can offer. The alumni association is also very encouraging and supportive in more ways than one, but I also have to say the campus can use a more modern updated look. Tougaloo has been around a long time and mostly all funds come from private donors, with that in mind I understand that the funds are used for people like me to be funded for college books, housing and etc and that can be very costly. If I could change just one thing I would surely hope this would be the one thing that could possibly be changed.
Tougaloo is a wonderful school! You get to know your professors and they work with you to make sure you are successful in everything you do.
My overall experience at Tougaloo College was an intriguing and eye-opening for me. Not only did I meet new people but I had whole new experiances that will help my life. For me as a black male student, I learned as I learned. This means that while I was learning about, I was also learning who I am as a African American Male in America.
The dorms are not kept very clean and the food has very little seasoning. The teachers help you but some of them don't really help you understand what your learning. Also that only freshman have to go to church every Wednesday it is mandatory.
Tougaloo is a great HBCU to attend. While at Tougaloo I've learned a great deal of history, I feel I wouldn't have learned at any other college. In social aspects, Tougaloo is great for networking.
Start Your Review of Tougaloo College
Well even though I didn't start yet, I knew from the first time I went that it was the school for me. I felt comfortable it's a good environment everyone's nice and the it's a small college so teachers are able it help you individually.
Academic is really great but things to do is very hard especially when you come from a very far state and you don't know nobody.
Tougaloo has been an okay experience, a lot problems and conflicts with much of it. It's very antiquated and could use some help coming up to date.