Tougaloo College is ...
Private not-for-profit, HBCU, Calvinist/Reformed
NAIA Division I
Gulf Coast Athletic Conference
Tougaloo College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.14 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.16 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.16 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.23 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.26 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.11 responses
Tougaloo College Reviews
Tougaloo College is such an outstanding school with many perks. The academic system that they have established here sets high standards that requie the students to earn everything that they are given. This college helps each individual learn, prosper, and become great assets to many business & other establishments after graduation. Its an awesome school to attend!
Tougaloo is a small HBCU with a rich history! This is a private institution with a family feel. The teachers care about the students and work to prepare them for the next level in their lives as they leave the nest of the Eagle Queen. This is an experience of a lifetime!
As a transfer, my first semester here was horrible. Most times it seemed as if I had to go all around the world for simple or single piece of information. No one informs anyone about anything! Also when seeking help, the personality in the business offices are pure ugly and full of rudeness! This is "suppose" to be a HBCU, we are suppose to help each other, and not treat each other with attitude. As the "prestigious" HBCU it proclaims to be, Tougaloo is in dire need of great help to make it great again! On the other hand, the education here is great because you will truly learn!!