Tidewater Community College Reviews

1,267 reviews
I like that the professors actually care about students' success. There are plenty of ways to meet new people.
Overall, my experience at this school has been good. I don’t eat the food often but it is decent and I never feel unsafe when walking from class to class. For the most part, the people are nice and the professors are fair. The college would be more enjoyable if there were sports teams because more people would attend the school and have more pride.
Tidewater community college has a friendly environment, diligent professors, and a scenic campus. While scheduled activities on campus are infrequent, student life outside of campus in Virginia Beach or in Norfolk is very good. Students get together at the dozens of local coffee shops and bars in both areas and are able to build community there if not at the school itself. If your major is undefined its an affordable college to finish your general education classes at.
Start Your Review of Tidewater Community College
I like that the classes are small instead of lecture halls. I feel closer to my professors and it's easier to communicate with them. I personally like the idea of a 4 year campus and living there, so community college isn't really for me.
Tidewater Community College is an amazing higher education facility. I began studying here straight out of high school because I was not ready to commit to a 4 year university at that time. The college offers four convenient locations across Hampton Roads. I majored in Social Sciences and received my Associate's of Science in May 2017. The professors at this institution were absolutely amazing. It was apparent that they truly loved teaching. They were among the most helpful and informational professors that I had ever met. The professors at TCC were always very understanding and flexible about their students personal lives, considering the amount of non-traditional students there. The scheduling process was always extremely easy and made the whole process a breeze. Not only is tuition financially affordable, they also offer a variety of free resources to assist you in your studies. I truly loved attending TCC and even though I am now at a university, I miss it everyday!
This was a great college to have a start at to prepare me for my university. I couldn't have chosen a better route
My academic advisor was very understanding of my desire to study at TCC and transfer to a four-year college. The level of professionalism was remarkable.
This is a great place to get your credits towards a four year degree and save money. Good professors for the most part but do your research before signing up for classes. You will be glad you did.
They had very long wait lines to talk to a counselor. I think I waited over two hours just get help.
Also, I think they should offer more online courses. In a heavy military area they should understand that many people could go TAD for work and won't be able to attend their classes.
The buildings did seem new though.
Tidewater Community College has great professors who look out for their students. The diversity that exists at TCC is enriching; everyone feels like they fit in without trying to prove they should be included. Campus life is great because the resources are endless; There are no easy A's but the resources are provided to make us work smarter, not harder. I am so proud to be a part of this college; they have equipped me with the necessary tools to apply to my prospective university.
Overall Tidewater Community College was a great school. I attended the Virginia Beach and Portsmouth campus and the professors at both campuses were the best at assisting students in succeeding.
I haven't attended at this campus yet, but upcoming fall semester 2017 I do plan on attending. I have already taken a campus tour and its very friendly, the environment is great and peaceful. The diversity here is great, everyone seems to treat each other with the same respect and that is a great key in life. The professors seems nice. The campus food options are flexible. The opportunities are endless here you just have to reach out and take on new challenges.
From my experiences tidewater community college is a very average university. From its average facilities to average students to its average building.
Overall TCC is a wonderful place to attend, the staff and administrators are always kind and helpful. The tuition is low, they offer many majors, certifications and transfer & degree programs. The professors are informant helpful and care about your education. They offer many on campus resources, like counseling, tutors, study areas, and more. The campus is small and close knit. It's a great school to start off at, from TCC you can really go anywhere!
I like the way the teacher are willing to help students when they need assistance. I like that this is affordable and close to home.
TCC staff made it easy to start school they are great at answering questions and providing great feed back.
I learned a lot while being at TCC, I just got my associates degree, and am now transferring. It was much different from high school, I had some great teachers, and some not so great teachers. One of my English teachers was so much fun, her teaching styles were very effective, and has made me a better writer. The professors really help you, despite the scary stories about college professors, a lot of them will help you as long as you ask for it. The staff are very friendly as well, and make you feel a part of the TCC family. They have a wide variety of activities to get involved in, an offer many helpful resources. TCC has really prepared me for a 4-year university.
Start Your Review of Tidewater Community College
I started a certificate for Art Therapy and attended the Portsmouth campus. I really enjoyed my time with TCC and the instructors were wonderful for the art classes. I would love to finish my certificate at some point and look forward to reenrolling
Tidewater Community College is a great resources for people in the Hampton Roads area. With multiple campuses in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and Chesapeake, there is always availability. The flexibility was instrumental in my ability to complete my Associates of Science degree while serving in the Navy.
Great school, very safe environment. I have never had any issues there.
Very good facilitates. Professors are outstanding.