Tidewater Community College Reviews

1,254 reviews
Overall TCC is a wonderful place to attend, the staff and administrators are always kind and helpful. The tuition is low, they offer many majors, certifications and transfer & degree programs. The professors are informant helpful and care about your education. They offer many on campus resources, like counseling, tutors, study areas, and more. The campus is small and close knit. It's a great school to start off at, from TCC you can really go anywhere!
I like the way the teacher are willing to help students when they need assistance. I like that this is affordable and close to home.
TCC staff made it easy to start school they are great at answering questions and providing great feed back.
Review Tidewater Community College
I learned a lot while being at TCC, I just got my associates degree, and am now transferring. It was much different from high school, I had some great teachers, and some not so great teachers. One of my English teachers was so much fun, her teaching styles were very effective, and has made me a better writer. The professors really help you, despite the scary stories about college professors, a lot of them will help you as long as you ask for it. The staff are very friendly as well, and make you feel a part of the TCC family. They have a wide variety of activities to get involved in, an offer many helpful resources. TCC has really prepared me for a 4-year university.
I started a certificate for Art Therapy and attended the Portsmouth campus. I really enjoyed my time with TCC and the instructors were wonderful for the art classes. I would love to finish my certificate at some point and look forward to reenrolling
Tidewater Community College is a great resources for people in the Hampton Roads area. With multiple campuses in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and Chesapeake, there is always availability. The flexibility was instrumental in my ability to complete my Associates of Science degree while serving in the Navy.
Great school, very safe environment. I have never had any issues there.
Very good facilitates. Professors are outstanding.
The counselors are very helpful, the classes are easy to enjoy and the overall experience is wonderful
It was a beautiful urban campus located in the heart of Downtown Norfolk. The campus was decorated with art from students were born and raised in Norfolk and exhibited the symbol of Norfolk, The Mermaid.
I enjoy TCC. It is definitely a good way to start your college education if you are not sure of what you want to major in. Being able to get all of your Gen Eds done at a lower price is a plus too!
The Norfolk campus is very beautiful and a great school to go to. And great services but it would be nice is there would be a better and bigger school in Chesapeake with culinary arts.
The school overall is a great place to get a two-year degree in the attempt to transfer to another school. The college offers certificates that will help students in getting higher paid jobs when in the field. Overall, the faculty is terrible and cannot answer questions, but the teachers are very caring and do the best that they can in order for the students to succeed.
As a first year student at Tidewater Community College, I am enjoying the new experiences of planning my own schedule for taken certain clasees. This college is surrounded by a variety of places to attend during our free time. I would highly recommend other students to attend TCC because the tuition is reasonable and you can have the opportunity to transfer to any university of your desire after 2 years.
Tidewater Community College ( TCC) Norfolk Campus was a great experience. Teachers are willing to help and want to see you succeed. It is a community college so no dorms are available. Most people are eligible for some form of education assistance . Great place to start and or finish education. Very safe even at night.It is located in downtown Norfolk so plenty to do from bars to club scene. Great restaurants to grab lunch or dinner before or after class. I highly recommend trying Sweet Teas for a bite to eat .You will see different cultures from all walks of life.
Not a bad school, foods decent, its convenient, and the professors are awesome. Only problem is the lack of classes they offer on certain campuses.
2016 Fall Semester was awesome. I took Spanish II and my professor was great. Learned a lot and enjoy the class thoroughly.
After graduating from Maury High School, located in Norfrolk, VA, I was highly motivated on moving on to college. I soon realized that going into a four-year university was going to be expensive, so I decided to go straight to Tidewater Community College on the Norfolk Campus. On my first day, I was a little timid on meeting new people, especially my professors, but I have learned to pull through my fears. My experience in Tidewater Community is quite enjoyable because it has open space and is surrounded by plenty of buildings, stores, malls, and restaurants to choose from. Although there will be times when I am struggling to complete some schoolwork, their library is one of the greatest places to go. Overall, I have been enjoying my time here at Tidewater Community College.
Review Tidewater Community College
The professors are really great and it prepares you for a four year school. The financial aid office is terrible though, avoid it at all costs.
I attend the Portsmouth campus, and I am very happy with where I chose to begin my college education. The facility is kept very clean, and there are plenty of places to study or just lounge around. I don't hear a lot about clubs or parties, but TCC hosts several events a year in the student center. It is a very inviting place to learn.
its a great school and the teachers work well with the students all of my friends are succeeding and its not as difficult as i thought college would be