1. Hampton, VA
  2. 2 Year

Thomas Nelson Community College Reviews

Thomas Nelson gave me the opportunity to continue my educational career at a more affordable price. The campus is a nice place to be. I would, however, like to see more efficient and helpful administrative and advising staff.
I am currently at Thomas Nelson as a dual enrollment student. They have a lot of great resources including a library and a computer lab. Thomas Nelson offers great teachers who know their subject and who are willing to work with you. Most of the work is online, so you can do it anywhere. There is also a Subway and a Cafe area to lounge at and plenty of vending machines to go to throughout the day.
Good school with good professors. Not many clubs that interested me, but there were many professors that really cared for our education.
Thomas nelson is a great stepping stone if you're not ready to go to a 4 year, are looking to go directly into the workforce or are coming back to freshen up your knowledge .
Thomas Nelson is a wonderful way for students to earn college credit while still deciding what they want to do, and also making it possible to stay at home.
THEN you'll get a letter in the mail saying your notion was denied because of so and so reasons, after you were told that it would be fine and it would be accepted. Also the two-year plan is a joke, you'll be here for about 7 years to get any kind of degree. You can't a hire a decent staff but you can hire ten million food trucks every week for a food party. Don't waste your time. If you are going to go a community college around here, just do what I should have done when I graduated in 2012 and just go to Tidewater Community College. If I could have put negative stars, I would. Campus safety is a joke. All the security does is drive around in their dumb golf carts and write everyone parking tickets. It's a sad miserable school. don't waste you time. You're better off in jail. At least they provide SOMETHING. It's a joke, a sad miserable joke.
This school is a miserable joke. The teachers do try hard, but the actual staff that is supposed to help you figure out what classes you need is pathetic. I have been going here for 4 years now, I'm a "honor student", and I have taken literally over 100 credits and have NOTHING to show for it. It's nearly impossible to achieve anything at this God forsaken school. You need papers signed or a question answered? Open up your next three weeks because you'll be transferred to ten thousand buildings and basically have walked the distance around the globe four times to get anything accomplished.
My experience has been good, so far.
I have understand everything thus far. It is convenient .
I plan to go to ODU to become a Physical Therapist.
  • College Junior
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
This is my first year at the school.
  • College Junior
  • 6 months ago
I have to stay focused
My experience has been good so far.
Could use improvement with direction but overall everything was settles.
  • College Senior
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
Help prepare me for my future program
Efficient and a good learning experience
I can still work and go to school because they have a good selection of classes
hate the online classes they are too confusing.
If you get the right professors you can do really well.
The science lab classes are fun and exciting