Thomas More College Reviews

I began taking online courses at Thomas More College this year and have been very happy with the experience. I was nervous about it as I have not taken college courses in a very long time. The advisors and success coaches are amazing and very willing to help you. The instructors are also very helpful and responsive. I am very glad I chose Thomas More College and excited about finally obtaining my bachelor in business administration.
I have had a great experience at Thomas More. I am going to be a sophomore in the fall. I am an education major with a secondary history concentration. I love the small community, and how it is easy to get around campus without getting lost.
I enjoy the small school feel with average class sizes for undergrads at 25-1. The people are friendly and classes typically well thought out in timing and content.
Start Your Review of Thomas More College
One thing I love about Thomas More is that everyone knows almost everyone. It reminds me a lot of my high school In that regard. I also love the fact that all of my classes are in one building so when it is cold or raining outside I don't have to walk a mile in the weather conditions to get to my next class. Since Thomas More is a small college, it really feels like were one big family achieving our academic and career dreams. The staff always makes sure we are doing everything possible to pursue our dreams.
The academics are good but if you’re looking to have fun in college, DO NOT COME HERE. I sit in my dorms on the weekends bored out of my mind while I see all my other high school friends having a blast in college. I’m transferring because of how terrible this school is
Thomas More College is the place to be to excel in academics and athletics at the same time. It allowed me to grow as a leader on the court during sports and in the classroom. There is nothing better than getting a degree while playing a college sport and maintaining a high GPA.
Very small school. More focused on money than students. It's better if you find the few professors who actually care
Thomas More College is an amazing college. The class sizes are small, scheduled is flexible, and perfect of full and part time student.
I am enrolled in TAP (The Accelerated Program) It is for adults who have been out of school for awhile and have lived a little bit of live who have decided to finally go back to achieve a higher education. I love it! This was the only school I found that fits perfectly with my wants and needs. I only go to campus once a week and the rest I can do online. It is speedy so I will be able to earn my BBA by 2020. And all the teachers and staff are super friendly and helpful. They are a little more expensive than most schools but I figured since I'll be in debt either way, might as well go for the best!
Great small school. Individualized attention. Beautiful campus. Helpful staff. If you're looking for a small, tight knit community, this is a great choice.
I like Thomas More because it's a smaller school and you meet a lot more people and I think it's so much nicer than going to a big school and only meeting a couple people
The academics at Thomas More have been great so far. Some of the services need improvement, such as housing and the cafeteria.
This is my first year so I really can't say a lot.
It's okay for my first year
The school has upgraded it's entrance process since I've been there. Now you have to be a student or register with your ID to get into any part of the school.
They have a lot of workshops on campus, and any professor/staff related to your field is willing to help, too.
There wasn't a big support system for the sports teams there.
Start Your Review of Thomas More College
I liked going to CCP. However, I didn't like that some professors barely taught the students and allowed open-booked tests, and some showed special attention to some students over others.
The curriculum at Thomas More can be and is tailored to each student and their personal needs. Despite this, there is a base set of classes each student must take that does not pertain to their major or minor. Each student at the school must take a class from each other larger majors (math, social sciences, fine arts, English, foreign language, etc) and pass each in order to graduate. While it can help some students really decide what they want to do as a major, and make for a well-rounded student, it can also take up schedule space that would have otherwise been used for a student's major or minor courses. Many classes are available online and in person as well. The instructors and professors are on average, very knowledgeable in their field and teach well. The curriculum is heavily weighed upon writing skill and ability, no matter your major. As a first-year freshman, you are put in a "Freshman Seminar Class" with the subject of your choosing, In these seminar classes, you are supposed to learn the basics of writing and researching for a paper along with the theme of the seminar you chose. However, some seminars fail to teach or completely ignore teaching the skill of researching for a paper which hinders the students in later courses with heavy writing assignments. Thankfully though, there are many resources to get help from, including the writing center, student life center, and the library. There are many places students can go to comfortable study such as the hallway known as "couchland" where there is a collection of couches and chairs, as well as the three-story library with outside balconies, the student lounge with tables, tvs and game consoles, and the student life center. There are also several study rooms and spots within each of the 4 dorm buildings.
I came from a neighbourhood and high school in which there is a great number of diversity and non-white students. Thomas More College proved to be somewhat of the exactly opposite and so, for anyone like myself who is used to being around more minority rich schools, it can be somewhat of a culture shock. There are a number of minority students and foreign exchange students, but they are far outnumbered by the white student population. There haven't been any nefarious plots of hate or racism going on and students and staff are generally respectful and friendly to others regardless of background or culture. There is also the Culture and Diversity club that often has events and activities centered around inclusion, representation, of and education on different races and cultures. There is a moderately good enough mix of races within the student body, but unfortunately, there is only maybe one or two non-white staff members if that (including the administrative offices, student life, and campus safety offices), which some may find unfair or uncomfrotable.