Thomas Edison State University Reviews

I have deeply appreciated the very professional and business-minded instructing I have received at TESU. Without my degree I would not be able to have the understanding that I need to work in the communications field. The basic skills that I entered with have greatly multiplied and I have a longing to finally put those into use once I complete my schooling.

My aim is to impact the world in a great way and help others to scale to even greater heights than I will. Good communication skills can break many of the disconnects we have in American society, and help us understand each other better. I hope through my ability to communicate; others will be inspired to be open and transparent in their search for understanding those around them. My gratitude to those who will help me reach that ultimate goal cannot be expressed in words. Thomas Edison State University has helped me to fully commit and strive to reach my objective of bettering our world and helping other people.
The advisory staff at Thomas Edison is amazing. Great student service. They clearly operate with integrity, care and careful attention. I felt at home immediately.
They were very flexible. I transferred in with outside credit hours and was distance learner student and I had no problems with either of these situations.
Start Your Review of Thomas Edison State University
Most of the classes are carbon copies of previous semesters. I failed marketing, submitted the same exact homework the next semester, and passed. The only thing that saves this school from being 1 or 2 stars is the counseling. When trying to decide what classes to take, I spoke to a counselor who provided great advice, followed up through email, and replied a year later when I emailed with more questions.
I take all my courses online, so I cant truly tell how the campus is or the classes are. With all my courses being online, I can say that everyone has been very helpful.
Everyone helps you along the way and tells you exactly what classes you need! Great transfer policy and amazing online platform.
The staff is understanding, patient and kind and the program is excellent. The online student services are clear and helpful and easy to work with. Great College!
Very convenient online classes, but speed of semester can catch up to you fast if you dont pace yourself. It can aslo be very hard to self teach yourself, which is what you end up doing.
The staff at easy to work with. The classes s are very complex and the learning experiences in valuable. The blackboard is very user-friendly and easy to correspond
Everyone has been very helpful as I begin my college studies at this university. I am an adult student returning to college and I am doing this online/remotely.
Ok institution, provides relevant online training. On par with most other online colleges. Works well to fit academic material around your work schedule.
For busy adult students, TESU is the perfect fit. Adapting to an entirely-online education does take some getting used to, but the mentors and staff are all incredibly helpful--they WANT you to succeed. And the results speak for themselves! I transferred into TESU with a dismal GPA (<2.0, yikes) and graduated with a 3.5 and straight A's. No, TESU was not my first choice for my undergrad education, but I am so thrilled with my experience at this underrated little uni.
TESU provides online classes that include an extensive writing component. Each class that I have taken provides excellent resources to complete research papers in an APA format which properly prepares to write well thought out, research papers and essays. The options to your CAPSTONE projects are helpful in order to put your best effort forward. Communication from the University is excellent and updated frequently.
I really liked this school because they are flexible and allow a great number of transfer credits. Going from an Associates program to a Bachelor's, I found it hard to find a school that had options to fit all of the courses I already took into a specific degree plan. TESU did that!
Thomas Edison State College is a good place to graduate fast if you are a self-motivated student and if you are good at taking tests, as they accept a lot of CLEP and DSST tests for credit, as well as their own test-for-credit exams, TECEP.
You get decent return on investment from this college. If you are willing to work, it will work out for you. This college especially caters to non-traditional students and military members. The college has 12 week online semesters for undergraduate problems and offer new semesters for enrollment every month. Thomas Edison State University will accept virtually 100% of transferred credit, which makes it really easy for students that have past credits from CLEPS,DSST's, prior learning credit, military credits, past college credits, or the like. I highly recommend this college if you are serious about getting a regionally accredited college degree and have serious life/work obligations.
They have been great to work with and are extremely understanding about being a full time employee while trying to earn a degree.
Start Your Review of Thomas Edison State University
The ability to set your own pace and study online has been a godsend while I've been working full time. The mentors convey that they're really there to help you succeed and many of them go beyond in order to make that happen. For an online college, everything feels very accessible.
I've found the courses through TESU so far to be interesting and challenging, but not too stressful. The professors are positive and willing to work with you. The price of classes is high though, and there's an extra fee for paying with a credit/debit card. I wish there were more majors than what there are, and I wish they'd expand their classes to that there are more options.
I finished my B.S.B.A. and M.S.M. at Thomas Edison State University. Although, like other schools, occasionally you feel like a professor is phoning it in, this is NOT the case in general. I have had many professors who pushed hard and who were incredibly supportive of my goals and schedule.. My degree got me a job in the field and industry I was aiming for within 2 months of graduating. Everything I learned there I put to use every day in my profession. This is not a degree mill, this is a school that understands the needs of adult learners and is flexible enough to make it possible to succeed. (Even with a full time job and 3 kids)