Thomas Edison State University Reviews

I finished my B.S.B.A. and M.S.M. at Thomas Edison State University. Although, like other schools, occasionally you feel like a professor is phoning it in, this is NOT the case in general. I have had many professors who pushed hard and who were incredibly supportive of my goals and schedule.. My degree got me a job in the field and industry I was aiming for within 2 months of graduating. Everything I learned there I put to use every day in my profession. This is not a degree mill, this is a school that understands the needs of adult learners and is flexible enough to make it possible to succeed. (Even with a full time job and 3 kids)
I love the convenience of online schooling. It has been great for my busy life. As an online university, the school is a bit less involved in checking in on students to make sure they are taking the right courses and doing well with the technology and material.
It's so nice to have a University that understands time constraints. I have the ability to take classes or study by myself on my own time and test out. I've contacted the help desk regarding several questions and they get back to you right away. I can't wait until I finally have a completed degree later this year!
Start Your Review of Thomas Edison State University
The staff are always willing to help in anyway possible. They always provide help as fast as they can and they are also very helpful with military students.
Only plan on going here if you plan on clepping everything. The teachers are terrible. They do not read your homework and only mark it based on if they like you. I once got a semi good grade, when i should have gotten a zero.

They also make up bogus fees to keep you from graduating.
Professors were friendly and accommodating. Could be more clear on assignment descriptions though. Overall great experience!
TESU provided a great opportunity for me to work and receive life-changing credit that enabled me to complete my degree!!
Semesters begin every month, so there is no wait to begin taking courses. The mentors I've encountered have been very pleasant to work with and are very considerate of the the fact that we are all adults and have lives and responsibilities outside of school. The classes are challenging and I feel I am getting every bit the amount of education as I would in a traditional university.
Thomas Edison State University gave me the flexibility to customize my degree to exactly what I needed for grad school (I'm now enrolled in a MS program at UC Santa Cruz). What's more, their policy on CLEP, DSST, and transfer credits allowed me to finish my BA in only two years. The courses I did take through TESU were only, fast-paced, and challenging, with an excellent comraderie among the other online students and a richness of depth in the topic taught by informative and friendly course mentors.
Thomas Edison State University helped me get my degree online in a timely manner and with low costs. I would highly recommend this University for people who are looking for an out of the box approach to getting a high quality education.
Filed a complaint against a mentor by the name of maxwell banor for his lack of teaching. He belongs to the Harvin school, two dean's from the school denied my complaint, the first never spoke to me she held my complaint for a week and then didn't even contact me for my side until I asked how you can make a decision with out hearing my side. She then ask for my side and with in 12 hours another dean from Harvin school came back with the same decision. I then called the presidents office and didn't get anywhere. Please the college is not student friendly they only care about taking your money and that it. Please please choose a different college.
Supportive staff are available to assist you with any concerns you may have. They are truly invested in you successfully completing your degree. I highly recommend this university to anyone who is serious about higher education.
I loved that I was able to complete all my coursework and requirements through distance correspondence. Additionally, as Thomas Edison doesn't have a limit on how many transfer credits they accept, I was able to complete all of my Gen Eds through CLEP and DSST testing. The lack of limit on transfer credits also allowed me to take a few courses through other colleges that were more specific to my interests and goals.
-The customer service and admissions office have been very helpful. They've responded quickly and clearly to all my questions and aided my transition into Thomas Edison. I am very pleased with the student support.
-The course materials and instructions have been good.
-The main area of improvement that I would recommend would be the student website. Compared to previous course/student websites I have used this one is a little confusing and not designed as well. It's nothing that can't be learned with a little time, just not five star quality.
-Overall, I am extremely pleased with Thomas Edison and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking into this type of college.
The staff here was very rude and not helpful. I was cut off from everything immediately. As of that day it was in the system that I had a "past due" balance of 2700.00 and had no access to my online student account, no access to advisors and no access to any guidance. I understand that universities are out here just to take your money but if a student is actively seeking help, then help. Don't turn them away and then state that you have an "outstanding" bill that just generated the same day. Thomas Edison University is NOT geared toward the adult student and does NOT value their students.
They give you numbers and websites that you can report to if you are having a problem on campus
Its a great school, very productive! I would recommend a lot of students to attend!
Start Your Review of Thomas Edison State University
This college was a perfect fit for me, and it really put my mind at ease regarding a lot of the more messy college-related stressors. Thanks to TESC (now TESU), I was able to finish my degree without going into massive debt. As a NJ resident, I was also able to take classes in person either at Trenton or at the community colleges they partner with. This really gave a lot of flexibility as I was able to choose between online and in-person classes. Overall, I really think that this school is worth considering for anyone that's looking to save a few bucks while furthering their education.
The degree is accepted worldwide and really gives me a strong basis so I feel confident going out to teach.
I really feel it's an amazing fit for me.